This article will help you to know the ways to get ink out of clothes. Keeping your clothes in a perfect manner is always not possible. There is always a minor situation or accident that end up messing your clothes. It may be your toddler who just learned to hold a pen and scribbled everywhere. There are situations when you leave your ink pen in your shirt pocket and forget to take out while giving it for laundry. There are many more situations of falling ink on your clothes. But this is not a bigger problem for you to solve. It is not too hard to get ink that has just messed up your clothes. You might also be thinking how to clean up your white clothes that just got dirty with few drops of ink on it. There are many solutions to even clean up your white clothes. All you will need to do is to gather the ingredients that are required to wipe out the ink from your clothes. There is no hard and fast rule for it. You will be provided with some of the best and simple ways to remove ink from clothes. As, you can clean the ink stains at your home itself without using any expensive material. The ink can be easily and naturally removed with few simple steps that will be given in this article. The step by step information will guide you to lift up the ink stains from your clothes. Here are some of the best home remedies to get ink out of your favorite clothes.
Home Remedies to Get Ink Out of Clothes:
1.) Use Corn Starch to Get Ink Out of Clothes
Corn starch will be easily available in your kitchen. So, instead of running to the super market to by some expensive product try this home remedy at your home. Corn starch will work its best when added some milkin it.
- Take 1 Tablespoon of corn starch and mix it in 1 teaspoon of milk (The quantity of mixture may vary depending on the affected area of the clothes).
- Now mix it well to make a paste out of it.
- Apply the paste directly on the ink stained cloth.
- Leave the paste on it for two to three hours to dry up completely.
- Later on, try to remove the paste with the help of an old tooth brush.
- Lastly, use your vacuum cleaner to clean the remaining stains with it.
- And wash it with your daily laundry detergent.
2.) Use Milk to Get Ink Out of Clothes
Milk is a liquid substance that is quite helpful to remove ink stains. As in the first point, milk is used you might have got some idea that milk can counter the ink stains.
- Take the clothes that are colored and the whites separately.
- In a bucket or a big bowl (used for washing clothes), pour milk depending on th
e amount of the stained area.
- Leave it for the overnight time without adding any extra ingredient in it.
- In the next morning, you will notice a difference on the stained area.
- Now wash the dipped clothes normally.
3.) Use your Hair Spray to Get Ink Out of Clothes
You might not be aware of the fact that hair spray is very effective to get rid of ink stains. Next time when you see an ink stain on your cloth and you think how to remove it just grab your hair spray. It will help you to remove the stains instantly.
- Take stained cloth and spread it on a wooden table.
- Now take the hair spray and just spray it on the affected area.
- Then rub a sponge over the sprayed area.
- Try to rub it till the stained is all cleared.
- And wash it off the cleaned cloth with warm water.
4.) Use Salt to Get Ink Out of Clothes
Salt is normally known as the exfoliating agent. But it can work wonders in cleaning your ink stained clothes. But it will only work its effective nature instantly. It means the moment the ink has stained your cloth, that very moment you will need to pour salt over it.
- Spread your instantly ink stained cloth on a table or any flat surface.
- Now pour some salt over it.
- Take wet paper towel and try to rub on the surface gently.
- After which follow the same procedure with the help of an old brush to rub it till the stained disappears.
- Then wash it with your daily detergent.
5.) Use your Nail Polish Remover to Get Ink Out of Clothes
Many of might be aware of the wonders that nail polish remover is capable of. Generally nail polish remover works on your skin well to remove any of glue or stains. The same way nail polish remover can be used to lift the ink stains from clothes.
- Spread the stained clothes on a flat surface.
- Take your nail polish remover and pour it on a sponge (you can use a cotton ball too if it’s a small area).
- Then try to rub the affected area with the sponge till the area is cleaned up properly.
- If the affected area is bigger, it will take few more minutes to disappear.
- Try to follow the procedure till the stain disappears.
6.) Use Butter to Get Ink Out of Clothes
You must be thinking does butter can clean an ink stained cloth. Well, for your surprise the answer is yes that butter can be used to remove ink stains. The butter can be used in two different ways, one in liquid state and the other in solid state.
- Spread the ink stained cloth on a flat surface and keep a towel or a plastic sheet beneath the cloth.
- If you are using the butter oil (liquid state), pour it directly on the affected area.
- Now take a wet paper towel or a sponge to rub it gently.
- Try to rub it till the stain disappears.
- Lastly, wash it with your daily detergent.
- And if you are using the normal butter (solid state), follow the same procedure as mentioned.
7.) Use Toothpaste to Get Ink Out of Clothes
To remove or to get ink stains from clothes, you can use toothpaste also. Toothpaste is used in different types of home remedies. And to get ink stains in among those remedies. For this trick you will need a non-gel or white tooth paste.
- Place your ink stained cloth on a flat surface.
- Now put some tooth paste over the affected area.
- Take an old toothbrush to scrub it over the area.
- If the stains are deep try to scrub it little vigorously to remove it.
- At last wash it with your daily detergent wash.
8.) Use Vinegar to Get Ink Out of Clothes
If your shirt has just got stained with ink pen around your pocket area, try to vinegar. Vinegar will work effortlessly to clean your ink stained shirt. You can even use corn starch with vinegar to use it to remove stains from your clothes.
- Firstly dip your shirt in vinegar in a bucket.
- Let the shirt to soak in vinegar for half an hour.
- After that, use a sponge to rub the affected area. Vinegar will decrease the amount of stain by lightening the effect on your shirt.
- Then, to complete the cleaning part, wash it in the detergent wash.
- You can even mix some corn starch with vinegar to make a paste.
- Apply that paste on the affected area and leave it to dry up.
- Follow the same procedure as mentioned in point one.
9.) Use Rubbing Alcohol to Get Ink Out of Clothes
Rubbing alcohol is not only used in the laboratories, but can be used at home too as a remedy. The rubbing alcohol will help to remove the stains instantly if the ink spots are fresh.
- Spread a towel on a flat surface.
- On top of the towel, place your ink spotted cloth.
- Now pour few drops of rubbing alcohol on to it.
- And scrub it with a sponge on the area where you have poured rubbing alcohol.
- Try to rub it for few minutes and the stain will disappear on its own.
10.) Use Sandpaper to Get Ink Out of Clothes
A sandpaper can also be used to get ink stains from your clothes. The harsh nature of the sandpaper works to remove ink stains easily. Using sandpaper you can remove stains from your coats, blazers, shoes or any hard material.
- Take the ink spotted cloth or the affected material and spread it on a flat surface (wooden table will work better).
- Take a small piece of sandpaper and rub it gently over the affected area.
- After few minutes the ink spotted area will be lightened.
- After that, you can even use a toothbrush or nailbrush to scrub it over the lightened area.
- Then you can wash it off with the detergent to clean it completely.