After writing, how to get rid of bees?, how to get rid of hornets?, and how to get rid of wasps?, we are now writing the various easy ways to get rid of a beehive. There are thousands of species of bees in the world. They live in a group in their beehive. A beehive is a basic structure, where bees live and it is also known as “nest”. These beehives can be present near your home or in the ground. Bees can live up to 5 years though average lifespan of 2 to 3 years. This article will give you the easy and best ways to get rid of a beehive. Female bees build hives without the help of male drones. They can also build their hives on the ground by making simple holes in the soil. These hives are made up of cells, where they place their eggs.
Although bees are very useful for many purposes as they produce honey but their hives can create a problem for you. They can damage your property. They can also harm people who are allergic to bee stings. So getting rid of beehives is necessary. This article will help you to know about different remedies to get rid of a beehive. You can use some insecticide and some home remedies to destroy the beehive. It is important to get rid of a beehive in order to get rid of bees. The inner part of the cells is usually made up of hexagonal cells made of honeycomb. Although bees are beneficial for many purposes, hives can be troublesome, when they cause damage to your property and the members who are allergic to bee stings.
Methods to Get Rid of a Beehive:
1.) Locate, Inspect and Then Attack
If you’ve been throbbed a few times in your backyard by a bee. It is likely that you either have a beehive in the neighborhood or a known food source close by. If you notice a lot of bees in a certain area, particularly in a hole-filled tree, in the edge of a roof, or on the wall of nearly any building. That’s probably, where your beehive has produced. Is it deep inside a tree? Elimination is very hard in that case. Before you move on, you need to guard yourself. Find a bee outfit or make your own. Gather some tools you think you might require.
2.) Try With Box Trap
Card box trap is very effective method to get rid of a beehive. Buy a card box or sticky traps of medium size and put them inside. Take the center of a few flowers and sprinkle it on the sticky traps. Make holes about 3 inches around, so that the bees can enter inside. Pour some honey on the sticky traps to attract more bees.
Put the card box near the hive about 5-10 feet away and wait for some days. The bees will stick in the card box. Now you can call someone to remove them. Make sure while doing this, you wear protective clothes since the bees can attack you. If possible, ask a professional to remove the nest or spray insecticide in the box to get rid of a beehive.
3.) One Way Bee Escape Method to Get Rid of Beehive
This method takes longer time than others methods and can be used in non-populated areas, old constructions, and when you aren’t rushed to have bees removed. This method takes time. It may require the help of a bee keeper.
- Make a cone shape with a huge bit of screen. Leave a 1″ gap at the tip of the cone.
- Connect the substantial end of the screen cone to the region over the honey bee passageway.
- Honey bees will fly out through the cone. Honey bees will attempt to get to the beehive by heading off to the base of the cone and not through the little opening at the end of the cone.
- Seal off all other honey bee access focuses to the hive. Contact a honey bee keeper, they will bring another ruler over to draw in the lost honey bees.
- Hold up. After the greater part of the hive has left for the new ruler the new province will develop and the old ruler will leave as the first state debilitates.
- Apply a suggested, non-leftover bug spray to a region. Hold up a week. Uproot the cone and permit the honey bees to evacuate the honey and take to the new hive.
- Seal the region and all entrance focuses. Utilize an extending froth protection.
4.) Make Use of Vinegar
Vinegar is one of the best home remedies for killing bees. Since vinegar has a pungent smell, so it will help you to get rid of a beehive.
- In a spray bottle mix water and vinegar in the proportion of 50:50. Spray the solution on the nest at night as bees are not active in the night. (Wear protective clothing before you do that)
- Wear gloves, long pants, and a long-sleeve shirt to protect yourself from being stung.
- Spray the mixture on the areas where the bees usually come such as flower beds, plants, and bushes. Next day you will see the dead bees. Now you can destroy their hive.
5.) Use The Soap Water
Soap is a surfactant, which makes water wetter. It can kill bees and other insects as well. Soap allow water to enter in the bees or insects.
- Add soap to the water and pour this solution into a spray bottle.
- Spray this soap water on beehive to kill the bees.
- Before spraying this soapy water protects yourself by wearing protective clothes.
6.) Make Use of Black Pepper
Black pepper can also be used to kill the bees. Bees cannot resist the smell of the pepper and thus they will die. Wear protective gloves before spraying the black pepper powder. By doing this, you can easily remove the beehive from your house. Black pepper is easily available in the market.
7.) Almond Oil Will Help
Almond oil is one of the best home remedies for killing bees or wasps. Pour some almond oil on the beehive. When the bees will come in contact with the oil, they will die instantly. You can use this oil on the beehive during the day also. Pour some almond oil on the beehive. When the bees will come in contact with the oil, they will die instantly. You can use this oil on the beehive during the day also.
8.) Smoke The Beehive
This is one of the best ways to get rid of bees and get rid of a beehive completely from your house. Purchase a bee smoker and fuel tablets from your local garden store. Wait for a warm, sunny day in the afternoon for destroying the beehive, since afternoon is the prime time when the bees are out for pollinating. Put on your protective clothing before trying this process. Now, light the fuel in the smoker, and spray around the beehive. Move quietly and calmly to avoid upsetting the bees.
9.) Use The Boric Acid
Boric acid is another effective home remedy to get rid of a beehive easily. Boric acid has some active ingredients that can help you to get rid of bees fast. It comes in the powder form. It is very toxic to insects especially bees. You can buy this acid from chemical stores. When this acid is inserted to the beehive, it can kill the entire bees immediately.
10.) Insecticide to Get Rid of a Beehive
You can also purchase insecticide to kill the bees and damage their hive. Use cans which offer long range spraying to kill bees. Spray the insecticide on the beehive. Before using the spray, wear gloves. Use precautions as the bees can be alive. After killing the bees carry the hive to a safe area where it can be burnt or damaged.
11.) Call a Beekeeper
Honey bees normally have from 10,000-50,000 or additional bees in a hive. You only see a small part but the hives can be extremely hidden in trees, walls, chimneys, roofs, etc. Some bees are more destructive than others and will sting if the hive is susceptible or if someone gets too close. So, it is better to call the professionals to remove a beehive.
Other Useful Tips to Get Rid of a Beehive:
- Remove the sweet foods such as soda, ice cream, fruits and juice because bees are attracted to sweet foods.
- Don’t seal the exit hole of bee colony because they can find another way out to build their hive.
- Consult a professional if bees are not removed from above remedies.
- Pets, children and other should not be around, when you treat a bee problem.
- Don’t use a bright light to remove a hive at night. Use a red light to avoid bees. Bees can sting you at night if they feel that their hive is threatened.
- If the beehive is in a tree then you can fill the entrance hole with silicone, cement or foam.