This article is about ways used to get rid of carpenter bees fast. Carpenter bees are large insects that are shiny black in color. These bees are called carpenter bees because they built their nest in dead wood. You can easily find them hanging around in your garden. They can also be mistaken with bumble bees. But the sign of identification is their long black tail. Carpenter bees do not live in hives like honey bee do. If you leave this problem untreated then they can destroy your building structure. They are irritating and can hurt you as well. They can sting, but it is to be noticed that only female bees can sting. You do not have to worry so much as they sting only if provoked. In this article, we will discuss different ways that can be used to get rid of carpenter bees fast.
Ways to Get Rid of Carpenter Bees Fast:
1.) Pesticides to Get Rid of Carpenter Bees Fast
Powders are the most effective and beneficial pesticides used to get rid of carpenter bees. Products boric acid (boric turbo aerosol) and carbaryl dust (Sevin) are effective for carpenter bees. These products kill carpenter bees instantly. So, using these pesticides you can prevent from carpenter bees fast.
2.) Vacuum Cleaner to Remove Carpenter Bees Fast
A vacuum cleaner can be available at your home or you can purchase it as it very helpful to remove carpenter bees.
- By using a vacuum cleaner, you can easily remove carpenter bees from woods.
- Make sure to use a strong vacuum cleaner and put it over the holes or openings.
- It will vacuum up the bees.
- If the nest is a new one, then this remedy works very well.
- For best results, you should try this remedy in the evening.
- During that part of the day, bees live in their nest and thus will be killed easily.
3.) Make Noise to Get Rid of Carpenter Bees Fast
- Making noise works magic when it comes at getting rid of carpenter bees.
- Carpenter bees can not bear noise.
- So, make loud noises to get rid of carpenter bees.
- Use a sound box or boom box to set up to the places where they are found the most.
- This method is safe and effective for removing carpenter bees.
4.) Petrol to Get Rid of Carpenter Bees Fast
Petrol has a pungent smell that can help to kill them.
Steps to Use Petrol:
- Spraying petrol or diesel in the burrows will kill the carpenter bees.
- Be careful while using it as it may damage your skin.
- Wear gloves, N-95 respirator and goggles while spray petrol in the burrows.
- Label your spray bottle and keep it aside.
5.) Block the Holes to Kill the Carpenter Bees Fast
- Closing or blocking all the entries and the openings of their nest is the best way to get rid of carpenter bees.
- Use steel wool to block or close the opening since they won’t be able to enter through the steel wool.
- You can also use putty and caulk instead of using steel wool.
- It is better to use this method after spraying the insecticide.
6.) Badminton Rackets to Get Rid of Carpenter Bees Fast
- In the spring season, carpenter bees fly in search of burrows to feed their larvae.
- That means they become active for at least 2 to 3 weeks.
- Badminton racket is electrically used to smash them down.
- Use it daily to kill the carpenter bees.
7.) Citrus Spray to Kill Carpenter Bees Fast
Spray citrus product to the affected area. Use a citrus based spray which is specifically made for carpenter bees or you can make it on your own.
Steps to Use Citrus Spray:
- Use any of the citrus fruit such as orange, lemon, grapefruit or lime and boil it in a pot which is filled with water.
- Now use this prepared citrus solution and pour it into the spray bottle.
- Spray it on the opening of the woods or where you think they have their nest.
- Just like other insects carpenter bees don’t like citrus products.
8.) Diatomaceous Earth to Get Rid of Carpenter Bees Fast
Diatomaceous earth is one of the beneficial home remedies for treating carpenter bees infestation.
Steps to Use Diatomaceous Earth:
- Diatomaceous Earth is a talc-like powder and it acts like a poison for insects.
- That’s why it is used to kill the carpenter bees.
- Before using this powder wear gloves and fill the openings made by the carpenter bees.
- Then close the opening with the putty.
- When you have done this work, remove the gloves.
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
9.) Aerosol Carburetor Cleaner to Kill Carpenter Bees Fast
Aerosol carburetor is one of the best products for killing carpenter bees. You can buy this cleaner from any pest control store.
Steps to Use Aerosol Carburetor:
- Spray aerosol carburetor cleaner on the carpenter bees or on their nest.
- It is the most effective remedy to kill the carpenter bees.
- Keep your face or eyes away from this cleaner.
- For your safety wear gloves and then spray it.
10.) Paint to Get Rid of Carpenter Bees Fast
- Paints work well to stop the carpenter bees infestation without killing them.
- Paint your home or places where carpenter bees are usually found.
- Insects will not come when you cover your wood or wall with paint.
- So use polyurethane paints for the best results.
11.) Almond Oil to Treat Carpenter Bees Infestation Naturally
- Almond oil is not only used for your hair, but it can kill the carpenter bees as well.
- So pour some almond oil in their nests.
- This oil will keep the bees at bay.
- The best thing about this method is that it lasts really long.
- This process will work for 3 to 4 months.
12.) Boric Acid to Get Rid of Carpenter Bees fast
- Boric acid works as a poison for carpenter bees.
- The best part about this remedy is that it kills the larvae as well.
- To kill the larvae of carpenter bees spray boric acid in the openings of woods or the holes made by them.
- Boric acid is an effective insecticide for killing any type of insects.
Other Useful Tips to Prevent Carpenter Bees Infestation:
- Once the bees disappear, remove all the damaged wood.
- Killing the reproducing adult bees or females is not enough. You need to destroy their larvae in their burrows so that they can’t reproduce. So try to stop their reproduction cycle.
- Block all the holes or openings as soon as possible.
- Keep your wooden items well maintained and painted.
- Don’t use banned pesticides because banned pesticides can be very harmful to you and your children.
- Wear protective clothes while using any of the above remedies.