Ants create lots of problem in homes and your nearby areas. They make their way into homes, roofs, garden and some other places too. Some ants damage building materials, sting animals and people and also they enter homes in search of water and food. Many people are suffering from this problem across the country. We know you are looking for a solution, but killing ants with pesticides is not a good solution. Because pesticides affect people and animals also. So how to kill ants without pesticides? There are different types of ways to deal with ants without pesticides. We are going to give you some magical methods to kill ants without pesticides.
Methods to Kill Ants Without Pesticides:
1.) Lemon Juice to Kill Ants Without Pesticides
Lemon juice is one of the best home remedies to keep ants away. As the lemon juice contains citric acid and ants don’t like this citric acid.
Steps to Use Lemon to Get Rid of Ants Fast & Naturally:
- Extract juice from a lemon.
- Then add 1 part of lemon juice and 3 parts of water.
- Spray with this solution on ants. It acts as a deterrent for ants.
2.) Cayenne Pepper to Kill Ants Without Pesticides
Cayenne pepper acts as an effective ant repellent. Cayenne pepper is strong which helps to destroy the chemical signals that promote ants to search food, nest and other places.
Steps to Use Cayenne Pepper to Treat Ants Infestation Fast:
- Sprinkle some cayenne powder where you notice ants.
- You can also combine equal amounts of turmeric powder and cayenne powder and then sprinkle it over the ants areas. After some time, you will notice that there will be no ants.
3.) Cucumber Peel to Kill Ants Without Pesticides
Cucumber peel is an age old trick to get rid of ants naturally. Ants don’t like cucumber. Bitter cucumbers are best for ants, but you can use normal cucumbers also.
Steps to Use Cucumber to Prevent Ants Infestation Fast:
- Take a cucumber and peel it.
- Put the pieces of the peel where you have seen ants.
- Daily replace old peel with the fresh peel. Repeat it until the ants are gone.
4.) Liquid Dish Soap to Kill Ants Without Pesticides
Dish soap is the best and effective ant repellent. It suffocates the ants, which cause them to die.
Steps to Use Dish to Remove Ants Fast:
- Add 1 tsp of liquid dish soap and 1 tsp of baking soda in a cup of water.
- Spread this solution where ants are moving.
- Take a spray bottle and fill it with dish soap and 2 parts of water.
- Then shake it well. spray it where ants are present.
- After some time you will see that ants are dead.
- Remove the dead ants with a wet cloth.
5.) Peppermint to Kill Ants Without Pesticides
Peppermint is an insect repellent that helps to keep ants away. Ants don’t like its smell as it destroys their smelling capabilities so that they cannot search food.
Steps to Use Peppermint to Get Rid of Ants Fast & Naturally:
- Take 1 cup of water and add 10 drops of peppermint essential oil in it.
- Spread this solution where ants come in. Spread it daily until the ants are gone.
- To remove ants, sprinkle some dry peppermint near your doors, entryways, and garbage areas.
6.) Vinegar to Kill Ants Without Pesticides Fast
White vinegar is the best way to kill ants without pesticides as they hate vinegar.
Steps to Use Vinegar to Keep the Ants Away:
- Use vinegar at their entrances to disrupt their scent trails.
- Take 1 part of white vinegar and 1 part of water.
- Mix them well. Spray this solution at their entrances to kill ants.
- After that, use a clean cloth to wipe these ants.
- You can also use white vinegar to clean the floors so that they can not crawl over the floors.
7.) Use Natural Products to Kill Ants Without Pesticides
- There are many natural substances that ants don’t like.
- Use one of these substances such as cinnamon, cayenne pepper, lemon peels or ground orange and coffee grounds to make a line around the perimeter of your house, around your windowsills and in any spots where ants usually come.
- Freshen up the lines in every few days so that they can not break the lines.
8.) Tea Tree Oil and Clove Oil to Kill Ants Without Pesticides
Tea tree oil and clove oil works as a disinfectant and antiseptic in homemade cleansers.
Steps to Use Tea Tree Oil and Clove Oil to Prevent Ants Infestation:
- Use a cotton ball to put a few drops of tea tree and clove oil on entry points and other places where they usually come.
- Repeat it daily, for some days until the ants are gone.
9.) Chalk and Baby Powder to Kill Ants Without Pesticides
- Chalk and baby powder both work the same.
- You need only white chalk or baby powder and make a line with this chalk at some entrance point and other places.
- You can also sprinkle baby powder in homes to kill the ants.
10.) Diatomaceous Earth to Prevent Ants Infestation Fast
- Diatomaceous earth is an insecticide, which is very effective as it does not harm humans or pets.
- It is made up of fossilized diatoms which have been converted into a powder.
- Sprinkle the powder on the ants, the tiny fossil shards will help to get rid of ants.
11.) Cornmeal to Kill Ants Naturally & Fast
- Cornmeal is one the best home remedies for removing ants.
- Sprinkle it on the nest, in your homes, windowsills, etc. so that they cannot come.
- If you sprinkle it over the ants, then after some time you will see the ants are dead.
12.) Baking Soda and Powdered Sugar to Kill Ants Fast
- Baking soda is one of the best home remedies for killing ants.
- Ants always carry an acidic agent with them for protection.
- So mix baking soda and powdered sugar as they work very well to kill the ants.
- Sprinkle this mixture in your home and nearby your areas. Then you will get the best results.
13.) Keep Your House Clean to Get Rid of Ants Instantly
- The best way to remove ants is to clean your house daily.
- Clean your floors, cabinets, roof, furniture surfaces, etc.
- Food container should be tightly sealed, especially honey, sugar, syrup and other foods that can attract ants easily.
- Cover your food properly and your garbage cans should have tightly sealed.
- Don’t try to leave dirty dishes in the sink.
14.) Coffee Ground to Get Rid of Ants Fast
- Coffee ground is one of the effective home remedies for treating ants infestation.
- Another best way to kill ants is coffee grounds.
- Put the coffee grounds on the ant hills or some entrance point.
- When they try to eat coffee grounds, then you will see that they leave that place.
- And you will find them dead.
15.) Ant Killer Juice to Get Rid of Ants Without Pesticides Fast
- Prepare an ant killer juice by mixing 1 tbsp of boric powder with one cup sugar and enough water to make a solution.
- Mix all the ingredients very well. Pour this juice into a bottle.
- Put a few drops of this syrup on small pieces of cardboard and place it around the house away from children and pets.
- The ants will come to eat this syrup. This is a great method for killing ants.