The following article deals with different remedies to remove ink from clothes. Every woman struggle when it comes to removing stains from clothes. No matter what product you use, the stain does not vanish completely. Some of the stains such as ink are so reluctant that they do not go away easily. However, the problem can be easily solved if you follow some easy remedies. However, all remedies do not suit all fabrics. So make sure that you use a correct remedy. Read more, to know about different ways to remove ink from clothes.
Remedies to Remove Ink from Clothes:
1.) Nail Polish Remover to Remove Ink from Clothes
Nail polish remover contains acetone which helps to rip off the reluctant ink from the clothes. It is one of the common cosmetic found in every girl’s makeup kit. Now you know how to use it another way. You can also use the same remedy to remove wine stains.
How to Remove Ink from Clothes with Nail Polish Remover?
- Apply a nail polish remover on the stain with the help of the cotton ball.
- Gently rub the cotton ball over the stain. Do not put pressure on the stain if the cloth’s fabric is light. Otherwise, it will destroy the clothes fabric.
- Once the stain of ink is gone wash the cloth with a laundry soap and water.
- Nail polish remover can remove the stains of the ink from the drum of the clothes dryer as well.
2.) Toothpaste to Remove Ink Stain from Clothes
Toothpaste, yes you heard it right! The one remedy which cleans the germs of the mouth also comes handy for cleaning the stains on the clothes, especially the ink stain. So apart from brushing your teeth, you know what you have to with it!
How to Remove Ink Stain from Clothes with Toothpaste?
- Put pea size non-gel toothpaste on the stain.
- And rub the fabric vigorously. Then rinse it off with water.
- Repeat the process to remove the stain properly.
- The same remedy comes handy for removing lipstick stain as well.
3.) Salt to Remove Ink from Clothes
You can also use salt to remove ink stains. It has a compound that rip offs the stain of the ink of the cloth and gives you neat and clean cloth.
How to Remove Ink from Clothes with Salt?
- Put few drops of water on the stain. Then with the help of the cotton ball rub salt over the stain.
- Rub it gently.
- Repeat this procedure until the stain does not remove completely.
- After this wash your clothes with a detergent or laundry soap, rinse it off with water and dry it.
4.) Vinegar to Remove Ink from Clothes
It is a common kitchen ingredient. Apart from health benefits, it has laundry benefits as well. You can also use vinegar to get rid of the ink stain on the clothes. The same remedy can be used to remove coffee stains from clothes.
How to Remove Ink for Clothes with Vinegar?
- Soak the stained part in the vinegar for 3-4 minutes.
- Then wash the cloth with regular laundry soap or detergent and then rinse it off with water.
5.) Cream of Tarter to Remove Ink from Clothes
Another ingredient which you can use to remove the ink stain from clothes is the cream of tarter. It is one of the effective remedies. You can also it to remove stains from the metallic pots as well.
How to Remove Ink from Stains with Cream of Tarter?
- In a bowl mix 2 tablespoons of cream of tartar and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Make a thick paste of it.
- Rub the paste on the stained cloth and leave it for 3-4 hours.
- After the due time brush of the stain and wash the cloth.
6.) Sandpaper to Remove Ink from Clothes
Sandpaper can also be used to remove the ink from the clothes. It is an ideal remedy to remove a stain from shoes, pants, suede jacket and other leather stuff.
How to Remove Ink from Clothes with Sandpaper?
- Take a fine-grit sandpaper and gently rub it over the stain.
- After rubbing the sandpaper brush it off with the toothbrush.
- Then wash the cloth with laundry soap and water.
7.) Shortening to Remove Ink from Clothes
Another remedy which comes handy for cleaning the reluctant stain from clothes is shortening. It is fat that is used to make cakes and pastries. And know you can use it to remove ink stain as well.
How to Remove Ink from Clothes with Shortening?
- Put the shortening on the stain, rub it for a while.
- Then wash the cloth with regular detergent and water.
8.) Butter to Remove Ink from Clothes
Yes, butter! It might sound weird but yes, you can use the butter to remove the stain of the ink from your clothes. The oil present in the butter softens the stain and thus, you can easily remove it.
How to Remove Ink from Stains?
- Rub a butter cube on the stain. Then dry it in the sunny place.
- Leave it for a few hours.
- Then simply wash the cloth with your regular laundry soap or detergent.
- The butter with salt is more effective. Nevertheless, you can apply salt as well after rubbing the butter.
9.) Hairspray to Remove Ink from Clothes
To rip off the stubborn stain of ink, apply hairspray on the fabric. It will dissolve the ink, which later you can remove easily.
10.) Milk to Remove Ink from Clothes
Milk can be used in several ways to remove ink from the cloth. Milk is a good substitute for butter. It helps you to bid adieu to stain and give you neat and clean clothes.
How to Remove Ink from Clothes with Milk
- Cold Milk – Soak the stained part in the cold milk for 30-40 minutes. Later, wash it with detergent and water.
- Warm Milk – Soak the stained cloth in the glass of lukewarm milk then rinse it.
11.) Cornstarch to Remove Ink from Clothes
Another ingredient from the kitchen which you can use to remove the stain of ink from the cloth is cornstarch.
How to Remove Ink from Clothes with Cornstarch?
- In a bowl mix cornstarch and milk.
- Make a thick paste of it and dab it over the stain with the help of a cotton ball.
- Leave the cloth for a few hours then wash it with soap and water.
12.) Ammonia to Remove Ink from Clothes
Though it has a pungent smell but anything which can help you to get rid of the ink stain will work because if the stain is not treated before handily, it will destroy your cloth.
How to Remove Ink from Clothes with Ammonia?
- Dab some ammonia over the stain.
- Leave it for a few minutes then wash it with detergent and water.
Other Useful Tips to Remove the Stains:
- Wash the cloth as soon as it gets a stain.
- Don’t avoid the stain.
- Bleach is also an effective remedy to remove ink stain.
- If above remedies are not effective give your cloth for laundry.