In this article, we will talk about ways to remove coffee stains from clothes. The morning couldn’t have any better. As the sun dawns on your face, kissing your face as you wake up with a smile, ready for all the challenges of today. You get done with washing yourself and are ready to go, but first you got to sip in your morning sleep buster, coffee. As you take the first sip, suddenly the worse happens as the mug falls off your hand and coffee spills over your new shirt. Your idea of a perfect day just got a beating even before it started, thanks to a coffee stain.
Now we all know how stubborn a coffee stain is. It is extremely difficult to wash it off with just your normal detergent powder. It takes more than that to get rid of that. So let us simplify it for you, as we list down one of the best ways to remove coffee stains from your clothes.
Ways to Remove Coffee Stains From Clothes:
1.) Hydrogen Peroxide to Remove Coffee Stains from Clothes
The chemical is one of the best remedies to get rid of all kinds of stubborn stains. It can be considered an oxidant of sorts for its properties get rid of stains and leaves whiteness. the best part about using it for laundry is the fact that it does not affect or harms the clothes in any manner. Hydrogen peroxide is easily available at the local pharmacy or any store. It is advised that you test a colored fabric first before using it on the coffee stain directly. Notice if the color remains the same then follow the steps given below to give your fabric a new life. All you have to do is:
- Just rub hydrogen peroxide over the stain directly and let sit there for about thirty seconds.
- Now rinse it off. If the stain persists, apply hydrogen peroxide again and this time without rubbing it.
- Wait for another thirty seconds, and then rinse again. Continue if the stain is persistent.
2.) Lemon Juice to Remove Coffee Stains from Clothes
Mostly all your so called costly detergents or washing powder come with the power of this citrus fruit. So why burn a hole in your packet with those products which most of the time don’t even tend to work. Lemon will not only help get rid of the stubborn coffee mark but will give your clothes a nice citrus smell. to try it follow the steps below:
- You can test the lemon juice first by swabbing a little on the inside of the cloth with the stain
- If the color of the fabric does not turn yellow, it is advised to treat the stain with more lemon juice, let it sit there, and rinse off after some time.
3.) Vinegar and Detergent to Remove Coffee Stains from Clothes
The power of vinegar and the properties of your everyday detergent can be an effective way to get rid of a coffee stain. Both of them mix well to enhance the overall properties of each other. For directions on how to use the same, follow the steps below:
- Just add powdered laundry detergent and some white vinegar and cold water in a small bowl to prepare a paste.
- Apply this paste on the coffee stain and keep it there for 5-10 minutes.
- Cover both sides of the stain as you prepare to rub it.
- Rub it and rinse of with water to get rid of the stain.
- Continue the same treatment if the stain is persistent.
- Also, make sure that you also try it on a fabric to see if it discolors it in any manner. Don’t use it, if it does.
4.) Laundry Stain Remover to Remove Coffee Stains from Clothes
These are easily available in the market and can remove a coffee stain in no time make sure you use a pretreatment laundry stain remover. The stain removers that are available in the form of soap can be rubbed directly onto the coffee stain. The ones that are liquid stain removers can be effective as well. For them to work, make sure that you soak them in water for a longer duration of time. An alternate treatment for the same, if you cannot get a stain remover is to apply a liquid detergent to the stain directly and follow the steps below:
- Rub the detergent onto the stain with a brush or your hands
- Let it be there on the cloth for about 15 minutes.
- Now finally rinse and most probably the stain must have disappeared.
5.) Alcohol to Remove Coffee Stains from Clothes
Alcohol can not only get you high but can also remove all kinds of stubborn stains from your clothes. Alcohol has denaturing properties which help it dissolve all kinds of dust or stains. Make sure we are not talking about the alcohol that you use for drinking purposes. For cleaning clothes, you should use denatured alcohol that can help get rid of the coffee stains. Just follow the steps below and the stain will leave for good:
- Rub the denatured alcohol into the stain directly.
- Now make sure to blot it out with a clean terry cloth.
- When that is done, rinse the alcohol completely out of the fabric.
- Continue the process till it completely disappears.
6.) Egg Yolk to Remove Coffee Stains from Clothes
What? I know that should have been your first reaction after reading the title. Guess what, your protein rich eggs are recognized to get rid of all kinds of stubborn stains. There are many people who have tried and tested this method and have been successful. To use an egg yolk to get rid of a coffee stain, just follow the simple steps below:
- Just beat an egg yolk and rub it into the coffee stain directly with a clean towel.
- Keep rubbing it for at least a minute.
- Finally, rinse thoroughly with water, and the stain should disappear completely.
7.) Toothpaste to Remove Coffee Stains from Clothes
If it can clean up your teeth, it can also help get rid of the stain spoiling your favorite shirt. Being antiseptic and antibacterial in nature it can prove to be beneficial by the following steps:
- Place white toothpaste directly on the coffee stain.
- rub it with your everyday toothbrush for some time.
- Rinse with water and the stain should have gone.
- Continue the same process if it is still there.