In this article we will discuss dry skin. We will also suggest you some of the best moisturizers for dry skin. Dry, flaky skin is a very common problem that many people face, especially during winter. Cold and dry winter air take the life out of smooth, silky skin of yours. There are many other causes responsible for dry skin. These are listed below.
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Certain medication effect
- Environmental factors
- Hormonal changes
There are many moisturizers and lotions available in the market to treat dry skin. But many of them are labeled with a huge price tag which is not affordable for everyone. So, instead of buying such expensive product, you can try below listed natural homemade moisturizers for your dry skin. These moisturizers are not only inexpensive, but also quite safe, easy and effective in nourishing and hydrating you dry skin.
Homemade Natural Moisturizers for Dry Skin Treatment
1.) Milk Cream as a Moisturizer to Treat Dry Skin Naturally
The milk cream contains lactic acid which helps exfoliate the dry skin. It also has a soothing effect, that helps maintains the skin’s delicate pH levels. Milk cream is not only beneficial for dry skin, but also very effective in skin whitening. It is one of the most excellent moisturizers for dry skin treatment. Here are the methods.
Directions to Use Milk Cream for Dry Flaky Skin:
- Take several drops of lemon juice and mix with 1 tsp of milk and 2 tsp of milk cream.
- Apply it on your hands and legs evenly.
- Allow it to sit for a while before taking a shower.
- Do this once every day.
- Take an adequate amount of milk cream and add it to 3-4 tbsp of gram flour.
- Mix them well to make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on your face, hands and legs.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this once every day.
2.) Honey as a Moisturizer for Dry Flaky Skin Treatment
Honey is one of the best natural moisturizers for dry skin. It is loaded with qualities of antioxidant, antimicrobial, and humectants. It helps restore moisture to make your skin soft and smooth. Also, honey contains many essential Vitamins and Minerals, which help improve the health of your skin naturally.
Directions to Use Honey as a Skin Moisturizer:
- Apply and massage honey all over your body.
- Leave it for five to 10 minutes before taking a shower.
- Repeat this process daily to have a well-moisturized skin.
3.) Avocado as a Moisturizer to Get Rid of Dry Skin
Avocado is loaded with Vitamins, Fatty acids and antioxidants. Avocado helps enhance the skin from inside. The rich content of Vitamin A in avocado helps in maintaining and repairing skin to restore the smooth and silky feel. Here are the methods.
Directions to Use Avocado as a Dry Skin Remedy:
- Take 1-2 avocado and mash the pulp to make a smooth paste.
- Apply and rub this paste all over your body.
- Allow it to sit on your skin for 10-15 minutes.
- Finally, wash it off with cold water.
- Repeat this process once every day.
- You can include a glass of an avocado smoothie in your diet to maintain the level of healthy fats in your body.
- It will help in maintaining your skin hydration and moisture levels.
4.) Aloe Vera to Prevent Dry Flaky Skin
Aloe Vera is known to have antiseptic, soothing and anti-fungal properties which can help fight dry and irritated skin. It also helps keep a checks on any bacterial infection which can cause acne. This simple remedy will help moisturize your skin and create a protective layer to prevent your skin from any kind of impurities.
Directions to Use Aloe Vera for Dry Skin Care:
- Take some fresh Aloe Vera leaves. Cut and squeeze the gel out of them.
- Apply this gel on your dry skin.
- Allow it to sit for about 10-15 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this 2 times daily.
5.) Coconut Oil for Dry Skin Care
Coconut oil is also among the excellent moisturizers for treating dry skin. It has a fair amount of fatty acids which make up for any loss of moisture from the skin. It also contain Vitamin E which very essential for a healthy glowing skin. You can also use coconut oil for lip care.
Directions to Use Coconut Oil for Dry Skin Care:
- Apply warm coconut oil evenly all over your body before going to sleep.
- Next morning, wash it off thoroughly.
- Repeat this daily to make your skin smooth and soft.
- Alternatively, You can also apply coconut oil on all over your body after taking a bath or shower.
- Coconut oil is more easily absorbed when applied on the skin while it is warm and supple from the bath.
- Do this daily.
6.) Yogurt for Dry Skin Face
Yogurt is a great skin-hydrating agent. Also, it has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory qualities which help treat dry and itchy skin effectively. Plus, it has lactic which helps get rid of any bacteria or germs which may be responsible for dryness or itchiness. It is one of the best moisturizers for dry skin.
Directions to Use Yogurt for Dry Skin Face:
- Take some fresh yogurt on your hands and apply to all over your body.
- Allow it to sit for 10 minutes before taking a shower or bath.
- The gentle exfoliating action of yogurt helps remove dry skin and makes your skin feel fresh.
- Apply this once daily.
7.) Almond Oil to Treat Dry Skin Fast and Naturally
Almond oil is also among the best moisturizers for dry skin treatment. Almond is a great source of vitamin E. It is usually considered the top emollient and lubricator for dry skin. Plus, it has antioxidant property which is good for your skin’s overall health. In addition, it easily gets absorbed in the skin as this oil is non-greasy.
Directions to Use Almond Oil to Prevent Skin Dryness:
- Warm up some pure almond oil.
- Massage with this oil on all over your body for half an hour.
- Finally, take a shower.
- After taking a shower, immediately apply some light moisturizer.
- Repeat this once daily.
- Alternatively, you can drink a glass of warm milk mixed with 1 tsp of almond oil before going to sleep.
8.) Olive Oil for Treatment of Dry Skin Treatment
Olive oil is known to have numerous antioxidants and healthy fatty acids, which are essential for your skin. It is one of the great moisturizers for dry skin. It helps soothe and condition dry skin all over your body.
Directions to Use Olive Oil for Flaky Skin:
- Add a thin layer of extra virgin olive oil in your regular moisturizer.
- Rub some olive oil on all over your body and massage lightly.
- After 20 minutes, take a shower and apply a mild moisturizer.
9.) Oatmeal as a Moisturizer to Get Rid of Dry Skin Fast
Oatmeal is also one of the excellent moisturizers for dry skin. It helps you get relief from dry skin fast and effectively. Oatmeal has a rich quantity of protein, which forms a protective barrier on the skin when applied. It helps prevent water loss and restore moisture. Also, it’s anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties help maintain overall health of your skin. You can also use it to exfoliate your skin.
Directions to Use Oatmeal for Dry Skin:
- Take 1 cup of plain oatmeal and pour it into your bathtub filled with warm water.
- Add several drops of lavender oil to it.
- Soak yourself in the bath water for 15-30 minutes.
- Take this soothing bath once a week.
10.) Milk as a Moisturizer for Dry Skin
Milk contains anti-inflammatory and soothing properties. It helps prevent your skin from getting dry and itchiness. Also, the lactic acid present in milk helps remove dead skin cells by acting as an exfoliating agent. Plus, it enhances the skin’s ability to maintain moisture and lightens the complexion. Regular application of milk helps get rid of dry skin fast and naturally.
Directions to Use Milk to Prevent Skin Dryness:
- Take a washcloth and soak it in cold milk for several minutes.
- Keep this soaked cloth on your dry skin for 5 to 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, wash off the milk gently with another cloth dipped in lukewarm water.
- Wiping in such a way will keep the moisturizing quality intact on your skin.
- Repeat this every other day for better results.
- Take several drops of rose water and mix with 4 tbsp of milk.
- Apply this solution all over your body.
- Allow it to get absorbed by leaving it for 10 minutes.
- Finally,Wash your body with water.
- Continue this remedy 2 times daily for several week to see the result.