This article is about different ways to clear acne. Acne is a common condition which usually occurs in teenagers and fades away when one reaches in his/her twenties. Other than age, there are many other factors which can be responsible for causing acne. This condition varies from person to person and can be mild to severe. In some cases when acne doesn’t go away with their own, medical help should be taken. But most people take it lightly and try to treat acne by themselves. They try to get rid of acne without having a proper knowledge. Sometime mistreating your acne leaves acne scars or marks on the face. Such blemishes can ruin the appearance for the rest of the life. So, you must not underestimate your condition. Especially when it is related to your appearance as no one wants to look ugly and regret for the rest of the life. Apart from medical condition you can try below listed natural home remedies for an acne free face. These remedies are easy, safe and quite effective. Before going for home remedies, let us know about the types, causes and symptoms responsible for acne.
Types of Acne
- Comedonal acne: Comedonal acne is related to clogged pores.
- Inflammatory acne: Red bumps, blackheads and white heads are inflammatory acne.
- Cystic acne: Cystic acne is related to scarring of acne along with deep inflammation.
- Hormonal-onset acne: Acne caused in late 20s or 30s due to drop in estrogen level.
Causes of Acne
- Clogged pores
- Bacterial infection
- Excessive oily skin
- Accumulation of dead skin cells
- Oily skin
- Hormonal disorder
- Improper diet
- Certain medication
Symptoms of Acne:
- Small red bumps
- Painful lumps
- Raised bumps with pus
- Drying of skin
- Excessive oil on skin
Home Remedies to Clear Acne Fast and Naturally
1.) Steam to Clear Acne Fast and Naturally
Steaming is an excellent home remedy for your skin nourishment. Especially if you are suffering with acne problem. Steaming helps unclog your pores and let your skin breathe. Steaming will also help you get rid of oil, bacteria and dirt clogged in your pores which is mainly responsible for infection or inflammation in the skin. Here is the method to use steam.
Directions to Use Steam to Prevent Acne:
- Boil water and pour it in a big bowl.
- Let the steam come in contact with your face.
- Continue this for several minutes.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and pat it dry.
- Apply a moisturizer (oil free).
- Do this process 2-3 times a week to get rid of acne.
2.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Acne Naturally
Baking soda is another excellent home remedy to treat acne. It acts as a good exfoliating agent which helps get rid of dead skin cells, excess oil and dirt. Baking soda has anti-inflammatory qualities which helps prevent redness and swelling in acne. It can also be used to treat rashes and sunburn.
Directions to Use Baking Soda for Acne-Free Face:
- Mix 1 tsp of baking soda with lemon juice or water to make a fine paste.
- Clean your face with water and apply the paste to the affected area.
- Let it dry for several minutes only.
- Do not leave it for too long as baking soda can cause dryness or irritation.
- Afterwards, wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Do this process 2 times a day for fast results.
- You can add baking soda to your regular cleanser as well.
3.) Cucumber to Remove Acne Naturally and Fast
Cucumber is a powerful remedy to treat acne condition. Cucumber is known to contain a high amount of Potassium and Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin E. Plus, cucumber also has cooling and soothing properties which is quite useful to treat inflammation in acne. It has pH similar to our skin which helps enhance the healing process.
Directions to Use Cucumber for Acne-Free Face:
- Take a few cucumbers and cut it into small pieces.
- Dip them in water for a few hours.
- Nutrients present in cucumber like potassium, chlorophyll and vitamin A will get diffused with water.
- Drink some water and use the rest of the water to rinse your face.
- Cucumber is also useful in acne marks treatment.
4.) Ice to Clear Acne
Ice is a useful option to reduce the swelling, inflammation and redness of acne. It helps in promoting blood circulation around the affected area. Plus ice helps tighten your pores and removes accumulation of excess oil and dirt on the skin. You can use ice cubes or crushed ice as well. Here is the method to use ice.
Directions to Use Ice for Acne Treatment:
- Take a few ice cubes and wrap them in a clean piece of cloth.
- Place the cloth on the affected skin area and hold for a few seconds.
- Repeat the process several times daily to Prevent acne.
5.) Toothpaste as Acne Remedy
Toothpaste which you use is not only useful for teeth, but also for treating your acne. It is more effective when used along with the ice remedy. Most of the toothpaste are known to have hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, baking soda and witch hazel. These all are very effective in treating acne. Use plain white toothpaste instead of using gel based toothpaste.
Directions to Use Toothpaste to Clear Acne:
- Take some white tooth paste in your palm and apply it on the affected skin area before going to bed.
- Wash your face with water in the morning and you can notice reduction in swelling.
- You can repeat the process in day time as well.
- Let the paste sit for at least for half an hour before washing.
6.) Honey Remedy to Clear Acne
Honey is another good option to treat acne problems. Honey is known to be an excellent source of antibiotics, It helps speed up the healing process naturally. Plus, being a disinfectant, honey helps prevent infections causing acne.
Directions to Use Honey for Pimple Treatment:
- Using a cotton swab, apply the honey on the affected skin area.
- Leave it for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, rinse it off well with warm water.
- Repeat this process many times a day.
7.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Clean and Clear Acne Skin
Tea tree oil is another excellent way to clear acne. It is known to have antibacterial properties as it helps get rid of bacteria which are responsible for skin problems such as acne and pimple. Plus, it has soothing properties which helps minimize the redness and inflammation in acne. Tea tree oil is also known to be effective in drying out whiteheads and blackheads naturally. Here is the method.
Directions to Use Tea Tree Oil for Acne Treatment:
- Dab the tea tree essential oil using a cotton ball on the affected skin area.
- Leave it for 15 minutes before washing your face.
- Do this daily to clear acne faster.
8.) Garlic to Clear Acne
Garlic is a potent source of anti-fungal, antioxidant, antiviral, and antiseptic properties. It helps speed up the treatment of acne naturally. Garlic is also known to have sulfur compound which makes healing process faster. It has anti-inflammatory qualities as well which help prevent discomfort, pain and irritation in acne.
Directions to Use Garlic to Get Rid of Acne:
- Take some garlic and cut them into several pieces.
- Rub these pieces on the affected skin area.
- Leave it for 5 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process several times a daily.
- Alternatively, you can chew a raw garlic clove daily to purify your blood. But, limit the amount as it can upset the stomach.
9.) Papaya to Clear Acne Fast and Naturally
Papaya is loaded with essential properties which helps treat acne effectively. It is a rich source of antioxidants containing Vitamin A. In addition, it includes enzymes, which helps lower inflammation and makes skin soft and smooth. It gives soothing effect as well to the skin.
Directions to Use Papaya for Clean and Clear Skin:
- Take a few pieces of raw papaya to squeeze its juice.
- Apply the juice over the affected skin area.
- Let it sit for 10-15 minutes before washing it off.
- Repeat this process once or twice a daily until your condition improves.
10.) Lemon to Get Clear Skin
Another effective remedy to clear acne is by using lemon juice. Lemon contains Vitamin C, which helps dry acne faster. Lemon has anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties that helps prevent bacteria from causing acne. Plus, having bleaching features too, lemon helps fade blemishes on skin. Always use fresh lemon juice and not the packaged juice as it has preservatives.
Directions to Use Lemon to Remove Acne:
- Use a cotton swab to apply fresh lemon juice on the affected skin area before going to bed.
- Alternatively, take 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice with 1 tsp of cinnamon powder and mix it well.
- Apply this mixture on the acne and leave it overnight.
- Wash your face well with lukewarm water in the morning.
- Do not use this remedy if you have a sensitive skin.