After writing how to get pale skin?, how to get lighter skin?, and how to get fair skin fast permanently?, we are now writing the ways to exfoliate skin to make it glowing, soft and long-lasting radiance. One of the most excellent things, you can do to keep your skin looking clean and shining is to making exfoliation for the regular basis of our beauty routine. You may think that the CTM (cleansing, toning and moisturizing) routine is sufficient to get a perfect skin. True, but moreover, exfoliating our skin is also vital. So what is it, what to be used, and how often should you do it? Exfoliation is the detaching or shedding of dead skin cells from the upper layer of your skin. It takes place naturally in the healthy skin but, like all body develops, it slows down as we grow old and if our skin cells aren’t getting sufficient proper nourishment to function well. As we age, it becomes essential to help the process along. The new, smoother skin looks radiant, clear and younger, which is why many people think more exfoliation is healthier.
Best Remedies to Exfoliate Skin Naturally:
1.) Use The Honey
Honey shows rapid results in natural exfoliation process and has humectants traits, which help draw moisture, making it immense as a hydrating facial scrub. Take one teaspoon of honey on clean hands and scrub face gently, rinse it with lukewarm water.
2.) Yogurt Will Help
Yogurt consists of lactic acid, in most of the skin care treatments, you will find the same alpha hydroxyl acid, only gentle. It relieves, smoothes and even the skin tone. Apply, natural yogurt to face, rub it gently and keep it for 20 minutes, then rinse it using warm water for better results.
3.) Take Help From Salt
Salt can be a great choice when you want a good body exfoliation, reducing the rough, dry patches of dead skin. This Citrus Salt Scrub is one alternative, while a Papaya Sea Salt Scrub might be your favorite. So try scrubbing with sea salt, mix some water to make a paste. Now, scrub the areas you wish to exfoliate. It helps to treat dry skin and cuticles. Salt can be used as an ideal scrub for your feet as well.
4.) Sugar Is Best Exfoliator
Sugar cane consists of glycolic acid, another alpha hydroxy that can improve new skin cell production as well as soften and smooth the skin. Mix a half-cup brown or white sugar with enough olive or grape seed oil to make a thin paste and apply to face in circular motion. Keep it for 10 minutes and rinse it with warm water.
5.) Use The Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is one more natural alpha hydroxy acid that takes away dead skin cells. Mix 1/4th cup each of, lemon juice, apple juice, cane sugar and grape juice until sugar liquefies. Then apply the mixture to your face with a cotton ball, and keep it on for 10 minutes before washing off.
6.) Use Coffee Efficiently
Coffee is an effective method to exfoliate skin at home. It is one of the favorite choices of many individuals. While exfoliating your body, and coffee can be made in many forms. So to try this method, grind some coffee or take the coffee powder and mix 1 tsp of honey to make a paste. Now, scrub your skin with this mix. Keep it for 10 mins and wash it off with lukewarm water to get the soft, clear and glowing skin. Coffee can also treat cellulite and stretch marks. This is one of the best home remedies to exfoliate skin at home naturally.
7.) Make Your Own Sugar Scrub
When making a sugar exfoliant at home. Blend 2 tbsp of sugar with 2 tbsp of your most loved body oil (ideally almond or coconut oil). Leave the blend plain, or include purred strawberries, cucumbers or pumpkin, that calms the skin while the sugar granules shed the dead skin cells.
If possible, let the broke up sugar and oil remain for 5-10 minutes before you wash it off with water. Just wash off with water and don’t utilize cleanser. Let the integrity of the oil enter the skin. Raw sugar works best to exfoliate the body, as its composition is coarser, however when utilizing a clean all over, pick the best grain of table sugar.
8.) Make The Papaya Paste
Papaya consists of enzyme papain, which helps dissolves dead skin cells. Papain may also cure skin and caused by fine lines. Papain is most strong in young fruits, so choose green papayas. Crush the fruit into a soft paste and apply to face, keep it for 15 minutes before washing it with warm water.
9.) Use The Baking Soda
One of the most flexible ingredients is baking soda. You can find this easily in your kitchen. It can be used to lighten underarms, for a bath soak, or to whiten teeth. The easy antiseptic properties of baking soda are great for all skin types. Mix in a tsp of baking soda to your facial cleanser or make a paste of just honey and baking soda. Do this twice a week for a soft skin and glowing skin.
10.) Lime, Ginger and Salt
This is a superbly clean, utilized by a couple of spas and magnificence salon and can be made at home to shed skin. For lemon and salt clean, you will require: 2 inch bit of cucumber, 1 inch bit of ginger, 1 measure of ocean salt, zest of one lime juice of a large portion of a lime, 1 tbsp of almond oil (olive can be utilized too)
- To start with peel the ginger and mesh it plainly, then zest (the upper skin of a lemon) the lime and press out a large portion of the juice.
- Slice the cucumber and put it in a blender with the ginger, lime, almond oil, and ocean salt, then rush until you have an abrasive surface then fill a compartment.
- In the shower, rub the exfoliate in circular motions into the soggy skin giving careful consideration to the knees, elbows, and lower legs.
- Pat skin dry and go on with your favorite lotion. A stunning and smooth skin with the intoxicating smell of the ginger and lime should leave you feeling revived and empowered.
11.) Coconut Oil to Exfoliate Skin
This is one of the most effective home remedies to exfoliate skin. Coconut oil not only nourishes the skin but also absorbs all the dirt accumulated on the skin. It also controls the oil production on the skin. The coconut sugar mixed in it will scrub away the dead skin cells. Follow the method given below to get desirable results.
- In one tablespoon of coconut oil, mix one teaspoon of coconut sugar in it.
- Stir this mixture well.
- Apply this coconut mixture all over your face and neck. Do this in circular motions.
- After scrubing for 4 to 5 minutes, wash the face with lukewarm water.
- Immediately after that splash cool water on your face.
- Repeat this application twice a week to exfoliate skin.
12.) Oatmeal to Exfoliate Skin
This is one of the best home remedies to make skin look soft and glowing. The saponins and anti-inflammatory properties in oatmeal soothe and clean the skin. The yogurt used in this remedy controls the production of sebum and on the other hand honey hydrates and moisturizes the skin. Regular use of this scrub will give you a glowing skin. Follow the method given below to get visible results.
- Mix one tablespoon each of oatmeal, yogurt and honey.
- Apply this mixture on your face and neck areas evenly.
- Scrub in circular motions for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Clean your skin with cool water after 10 minutes.
- Use this scrub twice a week to exfoliate skin.
13.) Green Tea to Exfoliate Skin
This is one of the excellent home remedies to exfoliate skin. The polyphenol content makes green tea an effective remedy to get glowing skin. The antioxidants in green tea remove the oxidative that damages your skin. Lemon juice used in this remedy will control the oil on the skin with the help of its acidic nature. Follow the method given below to get effective results.
- Take 2 green tea bags and steep them in hot water.
- Let it steep until the water cools down on its own.
- Remove the tea bags and mix 2 tablespoons of sugar and a few drops of lemon juice in it.
- It should have a liquid consistency when you use it as a scrub.
- Use a cotton pad and scrub this solution on your face and neck for 3 to 4 minutes.
- First, rinse your face with warm water and then use cool water afterwards.
- Repeat this method two times per week to exfoliate skin.
14.) Red Lentils to Exfoliate Skin
Red lentils are one of the excellent choices to exfoliate skin. It is coarse in texture due to which it removes the dead skin cells and cleans the impurities from the skin. Yogurt used in this remedy controls the production of oil and on the other side turmeric increases the blood circulation under the skin. Follow the treatment given below to get significant results.
- In two teaspoons of red lentils powder, mix a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Add two teaspoons of yogurt and mix well.
- Scrub this paste all over your face for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Reapply this scrub every week to exfoliate skin.
15.) Orange Peel to Exfoliate Skin
Orange peel is one of the effective remedies for skin exfoliation. The best thing about this remedy is that it is suitable for all skin types. Orange peel contains compounds that lightens the skin tone and also controls the oil production. Follow the method given below to get smooth and glowing skin.
- Mix one tablespoon each of orange peel powder and honey.
- Add a pinch of turmeric and mix well to get a grainy paste.
- Scrub this paste evenly on your skin for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Rinse your face with normal water and pat the skin dry.
- Repeat this treatment two times per week to get excellent results.
16.) Rice Scrub to Exfoliate Skin
This is one of the wonderful home remedies to exfoliate skin. It unclogs the skin pores and removes the dead skin cells. The baking soda used in this remedy controls the excess sebum production. Follow the method given below to get glowing and smooth skin.
- In one tablespoon of rice powder, mix one teaspoon of honey.
- Add a pinch of baking soda in it and stir well.
- Scrub this rice paste on your face and neck for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Afterwards, wash your face with cool water.
- Repeat this procedure one to two times per week to get satisfactory results.
17.) Walnut Scrub to Exfoliate Skin
This is one of the excellent choices to exfoliate skin. These excellent smoothening agents are an amazing choice for oily skin. Vitamin E, beta-carotene and alpha-linolenic acid present in walnut makes the skin supple and soft. The honey used in this remedy will keep the skin hydrated and moisturized. Follow the method given below to get significatory results.
- Grind one or two walnuts to get a powder.
- Mix two teaspoons of honey in it and half teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Scrub this paste all over your skin in circular motions. Do this continuously for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water, afterwards.
- Apply this paste once every week to get best results.
- Tip: Don’t over grind the walnuts. Keep it in granular form for better exfoliation.
18.) Strawberry, Oats and Lemon Juice to Exfoliate Skin
The combination of these three ingredients is drastic to exfoliate skin. Strawberries used in this remedy remove the dead skin cells without causing harm to the skin. It lightens the skin tone, refreshes the skin and also tightens the skin pores. You can even use this scrub to remove black heads. Follow the method given below to see visible changes.
- Mash 2 to 3 ripe strawberries and grind two tablespoons of oats.
- Combine them together and add half teaspoon of lime juice to make a paste.
- You can even add a little amount of water.
- Scrub this all over your face and be a little careful with your eyes.
- Wash your face with cold water after a few minutes.
- Use this scrub every week to get glowing and clean skin.
19.) Tomato to Exfoliate Skin
This is one of the most effective home remedies to exfoliate skin. Tomato contains astringent properties that controls the oil production, shrink pores and cleans the skin. It makes the skin lighter, tighter and less oily. Follow the method given below to get best results.
- Extract the juice from a small tomato.
- Mix two tablespoons of sugar in it.
- Scrub this mixture well on your face and neck area.
- After a few minutes, wash your skin with cold water.
- Repeat this remedy twice a week to exfoliate skin.
- Tip: If your skin is sensitive, add a little amount of honey in this paste.
20.) Cucumber Scrub to Exfoliate Skin
This is one of the excellent remedies to exfoliate skin. The astringent properties of cucumber soaks the excess oil from the skin and shrink pores. Follow the method given below to get visible changes.
- Grate half or one small cucumber.
- Apply this mashed cucumber all over your face and neck.
- Massage this in upward circular motions for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- After a few minutes, wash your skin with chilled water.
- Repeat this remedy two times per week to get glowing and clean skin.
- Tip: Make sure you apply the scrub only on clean face and apply an oil free moisturizer after using it.
Some Other Useful Tips to Exfoliate Skin:
- Always be tender with your skin taking care not to shred your skin off the natural oils and lipids. Always choose mild scrubs. Do not exfoliate daily.
- Fix a proper routine of your skin care. The regularity of exfoliation should be certain according to your skin type. Dry skin and mature skin should be exfoliated twice a week and products should moisturize. An oil-based scrub would be the best.
- Oily skin can be exfoliated thrice a week. Any scrub would be fine but a clay-based one would be the best to soak up the oils from the skin. Normal skin can be exfoliated twice a week.