This article is about home remedies for freckles. Here we will learn different ways that are used to cure freckles naturally at home. Freckles is one of the most common skin problems faced. Freckles are the stubborn marks which occur because of prolong exposure to sunlight or due to a genetic tendency. Read this article to learn more about freckles and some of the best home remedies for freckles.
Freckles are the brown patches on the face, which gets darker with prolonged exposure to sunlight. Though it depends on the amount of exposure to sunlight, but what really causes freckle is the genetic tendency. It might be the case you are more prone to freckles although your friend is more exposed to sunlight. It is because of the genetic tendency.
Heredity plays an important role when it comes to freckles. People with fairer skin, blond or red hair tend to produce more freckles than the people with dark complexions.
Causes of Freckles:
As mentioned earlier, freckles are caused by prolonged exposure to sunlight. If your schedule compels you to face more and more sunlight then there are chances of having the problem of freckles. And, if you have a light complexion then the chances to get freckles increases. When you are exposed to sunlight, the ultraviolet (UV) rays reach your skin and affects the epidermis, the outer layer of the skin. When UV rays hit the epidermis, it gets thicken and produces the pigment melanin. In the procedure of making more melanin, freckles develop.
Home Remedies for Freckles are:
If you have a fair complexion then that does not mean that you can’t get rid of the freckles. Also, you need not take help of medication in order to get rid of freckles. You have many ways by which you can treat your freckles. There are many home remedies for freckles that are easily available and convenient. Home remedies for freckles treatment are:
1.) Onion as a Remedy for Freckles
Onion makes you cry, but applying it on the freckles, will make freckles cry. This is among the most easily available home remedies for freckles. Use red onion for the purpose. There are two ways you can use the onion:
- Cut the onion into two and apply it directly on your face. Apply it twice a day for a few days and get rid of the freckles.
- Another way you can use the onion is by extracting the juice from it. This remedy need efforts, but you get deserving results for your efforts. Extract the juice from the onion and apply it on your face twice a day. Adding vinegar to it gives you amazing results. Do it for 15 days and you have the results.
2.) Lemon to Cure Freckles
Lemon can be called one the best remedies for freckles. It is best for other skin problems as well. It has the color lightening properties and thus, can be called a natural bleaching agent. Apply it on the skin and it lightens the freckles as well. You can use either of the following ways for the purpose:
- Cut the lemon into two and apply it directly on the face. Leave it for 15 minutes and after that, wash it with lukewarm water. Apply it twice a day till the freckles is gone.
- You can also use it as a scrub. For the purpose, what you have to do is sprinkle a half teaspoon of sugar on it and rub it on your face. Wash your face after you are done. You should be regular at this, repeating it at least once a week.
3.) Buttermilk to Treat Freckles
Buttermilk is also an important member of the family of home remedies for freckles. It also works as a natural bleaching agent like lemon. It has another amazing quality – it makes the skin smooth. You can use the buttermilk to treat your freckles in three different ways:
- Firstly, you can apply it directly on the face and leave for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, wash it with lukewarm water. Do it twice a day.
- Secondly, you can also mix it with powdered oatmeal. Make a thick paste by combining the two and apply the paste on your face. Leave it for 30 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water. Apply it daily for best result.
- Thirdly, you can mix it with lemon. Mix the two in equal proportion and apply it on your face. After 10 minutes, wash it off with normal water.
4.) Tomato Juice for Freckles
Tomato juice is among the most effective remedies for freckles. It does not only help lighten the freckles, but glows your skin as well. Follow the given steps and treat your freckles:
- Take a fresh tomato and wash it properly to remove the dirt from the skin.
- Prepare the pulp by mashing the tomato nicely.
- Now, apply the mashed tomato on your skin.
- Give your skin a massage for 20 minutes and wash it off.
- Repeat it daily for two weeks and after two weeks, you get the positive results.
5.) Sour Milk as a Remedy for Freckles
Sour milk is among the simplest home remedies for freckles. What you have to do is apply it on your face and wash it. Here are the steps to guide you:
- Take a half glass of milk and pour some lemon juice in it.
- After 15 minutes, check the milk. If it curdles, then it means that it is sour milk now.
- Now take a cotton swab and dip in till it is completely saturated.
- Now apply the swab to the affected area.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and wash it with lukewarm water.
- If you have acne or oily skin, add lemon to it.
6.) Prepare a Vegetable Face Pack
Vegetable face pack is one the most easiest home remedies for freckles. Apply it on the face and cure your freckles. Use cucumber, strawberry and olive oil to make the face pack. Follow the steps to make the paste:
- Take two pieces of each cucumber and strawberry and one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Mash cucumber and strawberry and make a paste.
- Add olive oil to the paste.
- Now, apply it on the face and allow it to dry on its own.
- When it gets dry, wash it with water.
- Repeat the process four times a week.
7.) Papaya to Get Rid of Freckles
Papaya is used to improve the complexion of the skin. This tasty fruit is also counted among the amazing home remedies for freckles. Apply it directly on the face and get rid of freckles naturally at home. Here is the way that you can use it:
- Take a slice from papaya and extract juice from it.
- Apply some papaya juice on face using a cotton swab.
- Leave it for a while and wash your face.
- Repeat daily for a few weeks and your freckles will be lightened.
8.) Honey to Cure Freckles
Honey is also among the most remarkable home remedies for freckles. It has enzymes that help lighten the skin tone. It does not only lightens your skin, but moisturizes it as well. You can use the various methods to apply it:
- Mix honey with water and heat it in microwave. Apply it on the face and after a while, wash the face with lukewarm water. Repeat it daily.
- This is a daily process. Mix the honey with yogurt and apply it on the face for thirty minutes and wash it normal water.
- Mix the honey with wheat germ and make a herbal paste. Now apply it on the affected area and leave it for 10 minutes. Rinse it with lukewarm water and wash it with normal water. Do it four times a week for a couple of months. This process is among the most effective remedies for freckles.
9.) Turmeric for Freckles
Turmeric is among the best home remedies for freckles. Here are the steps that you need to follow to use turmeric to cure freckles:
- Get some turmeric sticks.
- Grind them to a powder.
- Add water to the powder and make a thick paste. A
- Apply it on the skin and leave for some time.
- Wash it with lukewarm water.
10.) Orange to Treat Freckles
Orange, another bleaching agent, is one of the most wonderful home remedies for freckles. Follow the steps to use it:
- Dry the orange peels and grind them to powder.
- Now mix essential orange oil and lemon juice to the powder.
- Mix it well and apply it on the face.
- When it gets dry, remove it by scrubbing it.
- Finally, wash the face with lukewarm water.