Cysts are closed fluid-filled pockets that form on the skin. They are not usually dangerous but can be annoying and painful. Cysts occur within the tissue, and capable of affecting any part of the body. They can be of various sizes from tiny microscopic cysts to a size of a tennis ball. The large cysts can even displace the internal organ. It becomes very important to get rid of a cyst as soon as it appears. There are numerous effective home remedies available to treat a cyst. In some cases, you also need to visit a physician. A cyst can also refer to any normal sac in the body like the bladder. In this article, we will discuss some natural remedies to treat a cyst fast.
Most Common Causes of Cysts:
- Genetic conditions
- A defect in the cells
- A fault in an organ of a developing embryo
- Blockages of ducts in the body which cause a fluid build-up
- Chronic inflammatory conditions
- Impact injury that breaks a vessel
- A parasite
Symptoms of Cysts:
The signs and symptoms of cysts greatly vary depending upon its type. In most of the cases, you will recognize its sign when you feel an abnormal lump usually on the skin or below it. Cysts are mammary glands only examined by touching the breast. Cysts form on the breast are often painful than other parts.
If a cyst is formed in the brain, it will cause headaches along with other symptoms. Many internal cysts, such as those in the liver or in the kidney may not have any symptoms. These cysts go unnoticed until an MRI scan or CAT scan or ultrasound detects them.
Types of Cysts:
- Acne Cysts: Cystic acne is triggered by infection due to blocked skin pores and in some case, it is further lead to inflammation. It mainly affects the face but can also affect the upper arms and upper trunk.
- Baker’s Cysts: The patient suffering from baker’s cyst commonly experiences a feeling of tightness behind the knee. Pain gets amplified when extending the knee during physical activity. They are usually caused by a the knee joint problem such as arthritis or a cartilage tear.
- Arachnoids Cysts: Arachnoid cyst generally affects newborn babies. It covers the brain portion of the body. You need to visit a physician to drain the cyst. Its development triggered when membrane doubles up or split to create an abnormal sac of cerebrospinal fluid.
- Bartholin’s Cysts: These cysts occur if the ducts of the Bartholin glands become clogged. Patients have to undergo surgery and/or be prescribed medication.
- Breast Cysts: They are often painful and need to be drained without allowing it to do more damage. Some studies have indicated they might rise to even a breast cancer risk.
- Colloid Cysts: Colloid cysts contain gelatinous material in the brain. The recommended treatment for them is surgical removal of the cyst.
- Chalazion Cysts: Very small eyelid glands (meibomian glands) make a lubricant that comes out of tiny openings in the edges of the eyelids. Cysts can form if the ducts are blocked.
- Ovarian Cysts: The majority of ovarian cysts become so large that the woman even looks pregnant. During woman’s productive years, around 5cm of ovarian cysts are common. It’s quite strange that about 20% of females will be diagnosed with this condition or tumor at some time in their life. Few of them will be diagnosed with even ovarian cancer.
Remedies to Get Rid of a Cyst:
1.) Healthy Lifestyle to Treat Cyst Naturally
It has found that a healthy body is less vulnerable to fall victim to cysts. Eating a balanced diet which is rich in antioxidants and also low in fat will help to prevent this annoying cyst formation. We all know the role of a healthy diet for proper digestion and maintaining a good metabolism. By taking healthy foods, you can eliminate any chances of developing a cyst. You should attain a good habit like walking in a park, taking a hot bath and avoid fast foods. A healthy body leads to a healthy lifestyle and for this regular exercise or yoga is a must.
2.) Warm Compress to Get Rid of a Cyst
Moist heat applied to cysts speeds up the healing and draining process. Heat improves the transportation of nutrients to the affected place so that the damaged skin heals quickly. Due to dilation of your blood vessel by heat, the rate of blood flow increases and then washes out any toxins causing the inflammation. In a hot water, soak a cotton cloth and squeeze out excess water. Place the towel on your cyst for twenty minutes. Repeat the process, at least, three times a day.
3.) Aloe Vera to Treat a Cyst Naturally
Aloe Vera is also one of the best natural remedies for a cyst. It has brilliant pain-relieving and healing ingredients. You need to apply aloe Vera gel directly to a cyst and you feel a cooling sensation. To get its benefits inside the body, drink aloe Vera juice twice a day on regular basis. It is the best remedy to get rid of a cyst.
4.) Epsom Salt Bath to Treat a Cyst Naturally
An Epsom salt bath is also a great way to get rid of a pain and other symptoms associated with ovarian cysts. The high magnesium sulfate contains by Epsom salt helps in easing the pain. Mix one cup of Epsom salt to your bath tub. Add some drops of essential oils like rose, lavender or jasmine. Stir properly such that salt gets to mix it properly. Dip your lower body in this for several minutes. Repeat the process once every day.
5.) Chamomile Tea to Get Rid of a Cyst
Chamomile tea is also a good remedy for treating cysts and the associated discomfort and pain. The gentle sedative effect will reduce pain and help you to feel relax. You have to steep two teaspoons of dried chamomile in a cup of hot water, for sometimes. Drink this tea, at least, three times to get rid of cyst fast and naturally.
6.) Tea Tree Oil to Treat Cyst Naturally
Over production of sebum lead to blocked pores that in turn give rise to cystic acne. Tea tree oil is the best ingredient to prevent the development of cyst and reduce the occurrence of sebaceous cysts. Apply tea tree oil directly to your cyst and cover it with any adhesive tape (Band-aid). Don’t remove the tape at least for eight hours.
7.) Cleanliness to Get Rid of a Cyst
Cysts can also be formed due to lack of cleanliness as it builds up dead skin, hardened the sebum in the sebaceous glands. You should keep some special parts of the body clean like head, chest, genitals, back, and butt. Cleanliness is one of the best remedies to treat cyst.
8.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of a Cyst
Apple cider vinegar has anti-fungal, antibacterial, and antiseptic properties. Its antimicrobial qualities make it suitable for a cleansing agent. Dip the cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and then apply this to your cyst. To get rid of cyst fast hold it for some time and remove. If you feel stinging sensation then dilute the vinegar with some water. Repeat this, at least, three times a day.
9.) Beetroot to Get Rid of Cysts
This is one of the most effective home remedies to get rid of cysts. The betacyanin present in beetroot encourages the liver’s ability to remove the toxins of the body. Beetroot is alkaline in nature due to which acidity in the body is balanced. It is a wonderful remedy to reduce the severity of ovarian cysts. Follow the steps given below to get rid of cysts.
- In one cup of fresh beetroot juice, add one tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel.
- Mix one tablespoon of blackstrap molasses.
- Drink this juice daily morning before breakfast.
- Follow the remedy daily until the cysts heals fast.
10.) Castor Oil to Heal Cysts
This is an old age remedy to treat ovarian cysts. It is a wonderful remedy to remove the harmful toxins from the body. It stimulates circulatory and lymphatic system which minimizes and dissolves ovarian cysts. Follow the steps given below to get rid of cysts.
- Take a large flannel cloth and fold it to make 2 to 3 layers. The cloth should be long enough to cover your abdomen.
- Pour two tablespoons of castor oil on the cloth.
- Lie down on an old towel and place this flannel cloth on your abdomen.
- Cover the castor oil with a plastic and then with an old towel.
- Keep a hot water bag over the towel and then cover yourself with a blanket.
- Leave this castor oil pack on your abdomen for about 30 minutes.
- Repeat this treatment three times a week for atleast 3 to 4 months to get significant results.
11.) Flaxseed to Get Rid of Cysts
This is one of the most effective remedies to get rid of cysts. It is a wonderful remedy to maintain the proportion of estrogen and progesterone in your body. If the balance is maintained, the cysts will reduce fast. The richness of fiber present in flaxseed helps to removes the harmful toxins, cholesterol and waste products from the body. Follow the steps given below to get rid of cysts.
- Take a glass of warm water.
- Add one tablespoon of ground flaxseed.
- Drink this water on a regular basis on an empty stomach.
- Do this daily until you notice some improvement.
- You can even add ground flaxseeds to smoothies, salad, soups and yogurt.
12.) Ginger Juice to Cure Cysts
This is one of the best home remedies to cure cysts. The powerful anti-inflammatory properties present in ginger minimize the pain and inflammation caused by cysts. It induces menstruation and increases body heat. Follow the steps given below to cure cysts.
- In a jar add 2 inch piece of ginger and 2 stalks of celery.
- Add half glass of apple juice and three fourth part of pineapple.
- Blend all these ingredients together in the jar.
- Drink this juice daily until you see significant results.
- You can even drink ginger tea 2 to 3 times a day to cure cysts.
13.) Almond to Get Rid of Cysts
This is one of the best and tastiest remedies to get rid of cysts. Almonds are rich in magnesium which helps in reducing the painful cramps that are caused by ovarian cysts. Follow the steps to cure cysts completely.
- Roast some almonds and consume them to get relief from pain and discomfort.
- Massage the abdominal area with almond oil to ease down the pain and bloating.
- Mix a few drops of jasmine oil to make this remedy more effective.
- Alternatively, take a glass of warm water and add one teaspoon of sweet almond oil. Drink it on a regular basis to get significant results.
14.) Potato Juice to Cure Cysts
The presence of vitamin C in potato removes the dead skin cells and cures the sebaceous cysts. It is a wonderful remedy to cure cysts without pain. Follow the steps given below to get rid of cysts completely.
- Cut a potato into medium sized slices.
- Keep a potato slice on the cysts and use a dry wash cloth to cover it.
- Leave it for 8 to 10 hours.
- Alternatively, use a cotton ball to apply potato juice on the cysts. Leave it for about 8 to 10 hours. Repeat this treatment on a regular basis until the size of the cysts reduces.
15.) Dandelion and Viola to Treat Cysts
The combination of these two herbs makes this an effective remedy to treat cysts. The antimicrobial properties present in dandelion and viola fights the virus that causes infection and removes the harmful toxins from the body. Follow the steps given below to treat cysts.
- In one glass of water, add one tablespoon of dandelion and viola.
- Cover the water and let it steep for about 40 minutes.
- Strain it and drink this water 3 to 4 times a day.
- Do this for 8 to 10 days continuously for noticeable results.
16.) Honey to Get Rid of Cysts
This is one of the favorable remedies to get rid of cysts. The therapeutic properties present in honey helps to cure sebaceous cysts. Include banana and wheatgrass because the antioxidant properties in it speed up the healing process. Follow the steps given below to cure cysts.
- Blend wheatgrass and banana together.
- Add some amount of honey and mix well.
- Apply this paste on the affected area and cover it with a cloth.
- Leave it overnight and clean it with fresh water next morning.
- Repeat this remedy twice a day to get rid of cysts.
- Alternatively, in 3 tablespoons of honey, add one tablespoon of cinnamon powder. Apply a thick layer of this paste on the cysts. Leave it overnight to get rid of sebaceous cysts.
17.) Colloidal Silver to Cure Cysts
This is a wonderful remedy to cure cysts. It not only reduces the inflammation and pain caused by cysts but also strengthens the immune system. It is also an excellent remedy for skin problems. All you need to do is apply it directly on the cysts. You can even apply it in the form of ointment. It speeds up the healing process of sebaceous cysts.
18.) Sandalwood and Rose Water to Get Rid of Cysts
The antifungal properties of sandalwood speeds up the healing of sebaceous cysts. It soothes the inflammation caused by sebaceous cysts. All you need to do is apply a paste of rose water and sandalwood on the cysts. Leave it to dry completely. Now, wash the area with cold water. Repeat this treatment 3 to 4 times a day to get rid of sebaceous cysts.
Tips to Prevent Cysts
- Use oil free skin products.
- Drink lots of water and eat fresh fruits to remove the toxins from the body.
- Drain the pus and apply a bandage. Change the bandage 2 times a day.
- Make sure you keep the area surrounding the cysts clean.
- Don’t touch the cysts again and again with bare hands.
- Include fibrous and citrus fruits in your diet.
- Consult your doctor if the size of the cysts increases.