This article deals with different home remedies to get rid of bags under eyes. Eyes are one of the most beautiful part of our body. However, the beauty of the eyes starts fading as we grow up. weak eyesight, eye strain, dark circles and puffiness or bags under eyes are some of the major eye problems. However, these problems can appear in young age as well. One of the major concerns nowadays is bags under eyes. It is among the major eye concerns in the US. The problem of bags under eyes occur due to the weakening of ligaments and skin around eyes. Under this condition, the eye seems to be swollen or puffed. It can make you look tired and older than you really are. This problem doesn’t require any specific treatment. You can heal the condition medically if you want. Apart from medical treatments, there are many home remedies available. These home treatments are easy, safe and very effective to get rid of bags under eyes. Some of the remedies are mentioned below that you can use to treat your condition fast and naturally. But before that, let us know the causes and symptoms responsible for bags under eyes.
Causes of Bags Under Eyes:
Symptoms of Bags Under Eyes:
- Puffiness or swelling under eyes
- Redness around eye
- Loose skin
- Dark circles
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Bags Under Eyes Fast and Naturally
- Home Remedies to Get Rid of Bags Under Eyes Fast and Naturally
- 1.) Cucumber as a Remedy to Get Rid of Bags Under Eyes Fast
- 2.) Potatoes to Get Rid of Bags Under Eyes Naturally and Fast
- 3.) Tomatoes to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes and Bags Under Eyes
- 4.) Lemon to Reduce Bags Under Eyes Naturally
- 5.) Rose Water to Get Rid of Bags Under Eyes Fast
- 6.) Almond Oil for Bags Under Eyes Treatment
- 7.) Drink Lots of Water to Prevent Puffy Eyes
- 8.) Coconut Oil Remedy to Get Rid of Bags Under Eyes
- 9.) Tea Bag to Get Rid of Bags Under Eyes
- 10.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Bags Under Eyes
1.) Cucumber as a Remedy to Get Rid of Bags Under Eyes Fast
Cucumber is considered to have skin-lightening and astringent qualities. It helps to alleviate bags under eyes fast and naturally. Cucumber also has fine soothing and refreshing effect on the eyes. It is due to the cooling effect it gives. Here are the methods to do it.
- Take a fresh cucumber, cut it into slices and freeze them in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Place these slices over the affected skin area for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse the eye region with water later.
- Do this 2 times a day for a week or more.
- Blend cucumber juice and lemon juice together in equal amounts.
- Soak a cotton ball in the mixture and apply it on the concerned skin.
- Let it for 10-15 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
- Repeat this remedy daily for at least one week.
2.) Potatoes to Get Rid of Bags Under Eyes Naturally and Fast
Potato is one of the most useful remedies for bags under eyes. Potato contains some natural bleaching agents which help in fading dark circles and puffiness or swelling around the eyes. It also gives a mild cooling effect which soothes inflammation of the skin.
- Shred a few raw potatoes to squeeze out the juice.
- Take a cotton ball and soak it in the juice.
- Place the soaked cotton ball over your closed eyes.
- Make sure that juice covers your under eyes and eyelids properly.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash your eye with cool water.
- Do this 2 times daily for a faster result.
3.) Tomatoes to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes and Bags Under Eyes
Tomato is another excellent home remedy to prevent bags under eyes effectively. Tomatoes are known to have fine bleaching properties that help lighten the skin to a great extent. It has soothing and cleansing effect as it have a fine amount of Vitamin A, C and E. Below are the methods of its application.
- Mix together 1 tsp of tomato juice with 1 ½ tsp of lemon juice.
- Apply this mixture on the affected area and leave it to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash it off with water.
- Repeat this remedy 2 times a day for a few weeks.
- You can also drink a glass of tomato juice.
- Just mix tomato juice along with some lemon juice, mint leaves, and salt.
- Drink this juice straight away after making it.
- Drink it 1-2 times a day for at least a week.
4.) Lemon to Reduce Bags Under Eyes Naturally
Lemon juice is a proven remedy for many body ailments. Lemon has a rich amount of Vitamin C. This helps reduce swelling under the eyes fast. It is also useful in reducing dark circles due to its skin-lightening properties. Plus it gives a refreshing effect on skin.
- Extract some fresh lemon juice.
- Apply it with a cotton ball around your eyes.
- Leave it to sit for about 10-15 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Repeat this once daily for at least a week
- You can also make a thick paste of 1 tsp of lemon juice, 2 tsp of tomato juice with a dash of gram flour and turmeric powder.
- Apply this paste carefully around your eyes without letting it in your eyes.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Repeat it 2-3 times a week.
5.) Rose Water to Get Rid of Bags Under Eyes Fast
Rose water is known to be an excellent ingredient for skin care. It rejuvenate the skin and also has a soothing impact on tired eyes due to its cooling effect. Being a mild astringent, it also acts as a nice skin toner.
- Dip a cotton pad in pure rose-water for a minute.
- Place the soaked cotton pad on the closed eyelids.
- Allow it to sit for about 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat this remedy 2 times a day for a week.
6.) Almond Oil for Bags Under Eyes Treatment
Almond oil is another excellent natural ingredient for under eye swelling. It is very beneficial for the sensitive area around the eyes. Regular application of almond oil will help reduce bags under eyes fast. Almond oil is rich in Vitamin E which eliminates bags under eyes naturally.
- Gently massage a little almond oil over the affected skin before going to bed.
- Leave it overnight.
- Wash it off with cold water in the morning.
- Repeat this remedy every day until the condition improves.
7.) Drink Lots of Water to Prevent Puffy Eyes
Retention of water due to the high salt concentration can also cause Puffy eyes. You may get up in the morning with baggy eyes after consuming a salty dinner. Excessive crying can also cause water retention. So, drink plenty of water regularly to prevent water retention in the body.
Do’s and Don’ts:
- Drinking water helps flush excess salt from your body.
- Avoid consuming foods high in salts for the rest of the day.
- Avoid drinks, which promotes dehydration such as coffee and alcohol.
8.) Coconut Oil Remedy to Get Rid of Bags Under Eyes
Coconut oil is quite an effective natural remedy to treat discoloration under the eyes. Coconut oil has moisturizing qualities which encourage smooth skin and controls wrinkles and fine lines under eyes. Thus, preventing under eye bags.
- Massage coconut oil on the under eye area.
- Allow it to get absorbed for a few hours before washing it off.
- Do this 2-3 times daily for a few months or until your condition is improved.
9.) Tea Bag to Get Rid of Bags Under Eyes
Tea contains caffeine and antioxidants that are highly beneficial for getting rid of swelling or puffiness under the eyes. Tea helps contract the blood vessels and reduces retention of fluid which is responsible for bags under eyes. The tannin compound present in tea also helps reduce swelling and discoloration. It is also useful for reducing dark circles.
- Freeze 2 used black or green tea bags in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Keep 1 tea bag over each eye and leave it 10-15 minutes.
- Wash your face after removing them.
- Repeat this twice daily for at least, a week.
10.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Bags Under Eyes
Turmeric is known to have amazing antioxidant and anti-inflammatory qualities. It is quite useful for treating many skin ailments. Turmeric helps minimize dark circles quite effectively. It also helps to make the area around your eyes softer and smoother. Here is the procedure to use it.
- Mix equal amount of pineapple juice and turmeric powder to make a thick paste.
- Gently apply this paste over your affected eye.
- Allow it to sit for 10-15 minutes before cleaning it with a damp cloth.
- Repeat it once in a day until you see improved result.