In this article we will discuss different home remedies get rid of brown spots on skin. Exposure of skin to the sun causes the production of the cells called melanocytes which increases the amount of melanin in the skin. This increase in the amount of melanin makes the skin color or tone to get darker. These tiny dark skin mark are known as brown spots. These brown spots are also called age spots, dark spots, liver spots, sun spots or hyper pigmentation. These spots mainly appear on the skin area which are more exposed to sun like face, neck, chest, arms. Although, these spots are not a potential threat for your health, but these spots can hamper your appearance by making you look unattractive and ugly. In order to get rid of these brown spots on skin, there are certain costly treatments you can take. But it can make a big hole in your pocket. And, if you are looking for some safe, low cost yet effective methods, you have come to the right Page. Here, you will find a variety of remedies which you can use to get rid of brown spots on skin. These are safe, effective, pocket friendly and can be done easily at home. Firstly, Let us know the causes and symptoms behind these stubborn brown spots.
Causes of Brown Spots on Skin
- Exposure of skin to the sun.
- Scrubbing in excess cause inflammation and increases the production of melanin.
- Pimples can turn to brown spot some time when it completely heals and leave a mark.
- Increase In melanin formation in your body by other various reasons.
- Medication side effects
- Liver disease
- Spending more time in sun exposure.
- Tanning beds
- Skin aging
- Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation
Symptoms of Brown Spots on Skin
- Brown or black in color
- Oval shape of pigmentation
- Occurs mostly on skin more exposed to the sun.
- Flat spots
Remedies to Get Rid of Brown Spots on Skin
1.) Buttermilk to Get Rid of Brown Spots on Skin Fast
Lactic acid present in buttermilk helps in exfoliating the skin to get rid of brown spots on skin. Buttermilk is also useful in eliminating discoloration, without making your skin dry. Here is the method to do it.
- Take some buttermilk in a vessel.
- Soak a cotton ball in buttermilk and dab your brown spots with it.
- Leave it for a few minutes to let your skin soak it.
- Later, wash it with plain water.
- If your skin is oily and acne prone, you can mix a few drops of lemon to it.
- Another method you can try is to mix 1 tsp of tomato juice to 2 tsp of buttermilk and apply using a cotton ball on your brown spots.
- Repeat it twice daily.
2.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Brown on Skin Naturally
Apple cider vinegar or ACV is a useful remedy to get rid of various skin ailments including brown spots. It can help to get rid of brown spots faster. It has plenty of beneficial properties essential for the skin. It has antibacterial properties. It contains malic and lactic acids which help in exfoliating and softening skin. This result in reduction of dark spots, redness and brown spots.
- Mix up same amount of water and apple cider vinegar.
- Apply this mixture on your brown spot with a cotton ball and leave it for a few minutes.
- Wash it off later.
- You can add honey for added benefits or simply use apple cider vinegar without diluting it.
- Repeat it once daily.
- Alternatively, Mix one part of apple cider vinegar to 5 parts of orange juice.
- Apply it on the affected skin and leave it for a few minutes before washing it off with water.
- Repeat this twice a day for a month to see positive results
3.) Lemon Juice to Get Rid of Brown Spots on Face Fast
Lemon has excellent bleaching properties. We even use it to remove stain from our clothes. Likewise, lemon juice can also be used to get rid of brown spots. Lemon juice helps effectively in making the skin soft, beautiful, clean and clear.
- Simply, Just apply fresh lemon juice on your affected skin.
- Leave it on for half an hour to get absorbed.
- Later, wash it off with cold water.
- Repeat this procedure twice a day for 8 to 10 weeks for effective result.
- You can dilute lemon juice with either plane water, rose water or honey if you have sensitive skin.
- You can make a paste by adding enough sugar to lemon juice.
- Scrub the brown spots gently with this paste for a few minutes.
- After that, rinse it off with water.
- Do this 3-4 times a week to get rid of brown spots on skin.
4.) Sandalwood to Get Rid of Brown Spots on Skin and Chest Naturally
Sandalwood is known to be a great antiseptic and anti-aging herb. It has been in use for ages. Sandalwood helps effectively in diminishing hyperpigmentation and brown spot on the skin. Here is the method to do it.
- Mix 6 tsp of sandalwood powder, 1 tsp of lemon juice along with 2 crushed Vitamin E capsule and 1 tsp of orange juice to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected area.
- Leave it on for a few minutes before washing it off.
- Take 6 tsp of sandalwood powder, 1 tsp each of lemon juice and glycerin with 2 tsp of rose water to make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on the spots and let it dry for a few minutes.
- Wash it off with water.
- Do either of above two remedies 3-4 times a week to get rid of brown spots on skin.
5.) Yogurt to Get Rid of Brown Spots on Skin Naturally
Like buttermilk, you can use yogurt to get rid of brown spots. Same as buttermilk yogurt obtain lactic acid from curd only. This acid is responsible for lightening the skin tone and removing dark spots. Here is the method to do it.
- Use cotton ball for application of yogurt on the affected area.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to yogurt, if you have acne or oily skin.
6.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Brown Spots on Skin Naturally and Fast
Healing properties of Aloe Vera are in use for many years. Aloe Vera helps in regeneration of skin which makes it appropriate remedy to get rid of brown spots. It has excellent antibacterial, anti inflammatory and soothing properties.
- Take fresh Aloe Vera leaf, cut it in half and extract its gel in a vessel.
- Rub this fresh gel on the affected skin gently and leave it for half an hour before washing it off.
- Repeat this method 2 times daily for 4-8 weeks for best results.
- Aloe Vera juice can also be applied in the absence of Aloe Vera gel.
7.) Vitamin E Oil to Get Rid of Brown Spots on Face Fast
Vitamin E oil have healing properties which can be very useful to get rid of browns spots and age spots. Along with Vitamin E oil, you can use castor oil, coconut oil, almond oil or olive oil to eliminate brown spots. It improves the texture of the skin. Also, it has restorative property.
- With a cotton ball apply Vitamin E oil on the affected skin.
- Massage it for a few minutes.
- Leave it for an hour or so.
- Afterwards, wash it off with water.
- Do this every night and morning to reduce the spots, and for making your skin tone even.
8.) Onion Juice to Get Rid of Brown Spots on Face
Onion juice can also be helpful to get rid of brown spots. Onion’s acidic nature and bleaching properties will help effectively in fading brown spots. Here is the method to do it.
- Just squeeze out onion juice in a vessel and apply it with a cotton ball on the affected skin.
- Let it get absorbed by the skin.
- Later, wash it off with water.
- Apply this remedy twice a day for a few weeks to see visible result.
9.) Cumin Seeds to Get Rid of Brown Spots on Skin
Cumin seeds contains some essential oils which helps in diminishing brown spots on the skin. It contains Vitamin E which is quite useful for healthy and glowing skin. Also, cumin is known for disinfectant and anti-fungal properties.
- Take 2 tbsp of cumin seed in water and boil for a few minutes.
- After it cools a bit, wash your face with this water.
- Boiling cumin seed releases some essential oil which helps in fading brown spot.
- Repeat this process once a day.
10.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Brown Spots on Legs
Turmeric is an excellent remedy for lightening brown spots and has been in used for many years. Turmeric works excellent in treating acne and eczema problems. It helps reduce inflammation and redness. It also promotes skin healing. It is one of the best home remedies for brown spots on skin.
- Take 2 tsp of turmeric powder with 4 tsp of milk and 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Mix them together to make a fine paste.
- Apply it completely on your affected area and leave it for half an hour.
- Wash it afterward properly.
- Repeat this process for 2-4 weeks for visible results.
- Mix 2 tsp of turmeric powder with 4 tsp of honey and essential oil together to make a fine paste.
- Follow the rest of the application method as suggested above.