This article is about ways to get rid of corns. Corns are the blisters that pop up on the foot. They generally pop on the ball of the foot, on sole of the foot, on the pinkie toe and between the toes. They are filled with fluid and are marked by redness and swelling. Corns are irritating, itchy and sometimes painful. Treating them is not that difficult but if they are not treated in time, they can prove to be nuisance. This article has the description of the remedies that are used to treat it. Just go through the article to know more about corns and the remedies for it.
Causes of Corns:
- Wearing ill-fitted shoes
- Wearing high heels
- Wearing wet shoes
- Wearing shoes when feet are wet
- Foot abnormalities
- Walking on the hard floor
- Repeating same shoes
- Wear shoes without socks
Ways to Get Rid of Corns:
- Ways to Get Rid of Corns:
- 1.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Corns
- 2.) White Vinegar to Get Rid of Corns
- 3.) Lemon to Get Rid of Corns
- 4.) Pumice Stone to Get Rid of Corns
- 5.) Garlic to Get Rid of Corns
- 6.) Vitamin E to Get Rid of Corns
- 7.) Pineapple to Get Rid of Corns
- 8.) Papaya Peel to Get Rid of Corns
- 9.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Corns
- 10.) Willow Bark to Get Rid of Corns
- 11.) Aspirin to Get Rid of Corns
- 12.) Chalk to Get Rid of Corns
- 13.) Onion to Get Rid of Corns
- 14.) Ice Compress to Get Rid of Corns
- 15.) Cornstarch to Get Rid of Corns
- Home Treatment to Get Rid of Corns
- 1.) Wear Comfortable Shoes
- 2.) Get Rid of Pressure by Using Foam Wedges
- 3.) Use Foot Powder Between Your Toes
- 4.) Rub the Skin With Pumice Stone
- 5.) Reduce any Discomfort with Ice
- 6.) Go for Ointments or Drops
- 7.) Go for Corn Pad or a Corn Plaster
- 8.) Use Customized Shoe Inserts
- 9.) Go for Prescription Topical Remedy
- 10.) Take Some Antibiotic to Prevent Corn
Here are the remedies that are used to get rid of corns. Corns are easy to treat and there are numerous remedies that help cure corn fast. Below are the easy remedies that are used to get rid of corns.
1.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Corns
Baking soda is anti-fungal and antibacterial in nature. It is a good exfoliating agent as well. It helps remove the dead skin and speeds up the healing process. Mix it in lukewarm water and use it to soak your feet for 15 minutes. Or else:
- Take some baking soda and water.
- Extract some lemon juice and add to it to make a paste.
- Now use the prepared paste and apply it on the affected area.
- Cover it with bandage and leave it overnight.
- In the morning, remove the bandage and wash your feet.
2.) White Vinegar to Get Rid of Corns
White vinegar is great in order to treat a corn. What you have to do is make a solution to dab on your corn. It is an overnight remedy which is much effective.
- Take one part of vinegar and three parts of water.
- Mix them together to make a solution.
- When the solution is ready, apply it on the corn.
- Cover it with a bandage.
- Leave it overnight and wash it with water next morning.
3.) Lemon to Get Rid of Corns
Lemon treat corns fantastically. It has citric acid which softens the skin. You can use it in various ways. You can apply it directly on the corn. Or you can also use it with cloves.
- Take some cloves and soak it in lemon juice for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the clove and use the juice to apply on the corn.
- Allow t to dry and then repeat.
- Do it several times a day.
4.) Pumice Stone to Get Rid of Corns
Pumice stone helps remove the dead and the hardened skin. It also eliminates the pain. It is among the most efficient remedies used to get rid of corns. Follow the steps to use it:
- Do it before going to the bed.
- Take some lukewarm water to soak your feet in that.
- Soak your feet for 15 minutes.
- Now rub the pumice stone on it then apply castor oil on it.
- Cover it with bandage and go to sleep.
- Next morning, remove the bandage and again apply the castor oil.
5.) Garlic to Get Rid of Corns
Garlic has the antioxidants and antibacterial contents. It helps with the redness, pain itching and swelling. You can rub a garlic clove on it and cover it with bandage and leave it overnight. You can also go for another option:
- Take some garlic cloves and cut them into smaller pieces.
- Now add some salt to it and make a paste.
- Now apply the prepared paste on the corn and cover it with a bandage.
- Leave it for 3 days.
- When you will remove it, you will see the difference.
6.) Vitamin E to Get Rid of Corns
Vitamin E deals with pain, itchiness and swelling. It softens the skin and fights the swelling and bacteria. What you can do is:
- Take handful of vitamin E capsules.
- Extract the oil from it.
- Now add a few drops of olive oil to it.
- Now make a paste and give your feet a massage.
- Do it before going to the bed.
7.) Pineapple to Get Rid of Corns
You can use pineapple to get rid of corns. It treats the corn well and works almost instantly. It kills the corn and removes the dead skin. You have to use the peel for the purpose. It is also an overnight remedy. Follow the steps to use it.
- Take a small piece of pineapple peel.
- Use it in a way that the inner layer of the peel touches the corn.
- Now fix it using a bandage.
- Leave it overnight and remove in the morning.
- Repeat it till the corn is completely gone.
8.) Papaya Peel to Get Rid of Corns
We used pineapple peel, now it’s time to use the papaya peel. Papaya peel removes the redness and swelling from the corn. What you have to do is:
- Take a papaya peel it and place it on the corn in the same way as we placed the pineapple peel.
- Now cover it with a bandage and go to sleep.
- Next morning, remove it and soak your feet in lukewarm water for 30 minutes.
- Repeat the process until it is gone.
9.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Corns
Turmeric is antiseptic and anti-fungal in nature that treats it well and kills it completely. You just have to mix mustard oil with it and it heals it fast. Follow the steps to use it:
- Take one teaspoon of turmeric and add a few drops of mustard oil.
- Mix it well to make a paste.
- Now apply it on the corn.
- Tape it with a bandage.
- Leave it overnight.
- Wash it water in the morning.
10.) Willow Bark to Get Rid of Corns
Willow bark kills the corns but it might be harmful for some people. You need to be very careful while using it. Use the powder and get rid of it.
- Take some willow bark powder, water and lemon juice to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on the corn.
- Now, cover it with a bandage and leave it overnight.
- In the morning, remove it and wash your feet.
- Repeat till its gone completely.
11.) Aspirin to Get Rid of Corns
You can also use aspirin to treat corns. Apart from treating headache, aspirin also helps you cure corn on the foot. What you have to do is:
- Take some aspirin and crush them is bowl.
- Add some water to it to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on the corn and cover it with a bandage.
- In the morning, wash it off.
- Repeat it daily until the corn is gone.
12.) Chalk to Get Rid of Corns
Yes, it is the same chalk that is used by kids to draw everything they like. You can use it to get rid of corn that you really do not like. What you have to do is:
- Take some chalk and crush them
- Add a little water to it and make a paste.
- Now apply the paste on the affected area.
- Allow it to sit for some time and you have instant results.
13.) Onion to Get Rid of Corns
Onion can also be used really effectively in order to treat corns. It has properties that help cure corns well. What you have to do is:
- Take an onion and slice it.
- Now place a slice on your corn and cover it with bandage.
- Leave it overnight.
- In the morning, you will see the difference.
14.) Ice Compress to Get Rid of Corns
You can also use ice compress to treat your corn well. This works like a charm if your corn is really painful. It also reduces swelling and inflammation. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Take an ice cube and wrap it in a cotton cloth.
- Place it on the affected area for 5 minutes and you can notice the difference.
15.) Cornstarch to Get Rid of Corns
Cornstarch can prove to be one of the most amazing remedies for corns treatment. What you have to do is:
- Take some corn starch and dab it on the affected area.
- It is good to used if the corn is between your toes.
- It will also help keep your feet dry and will thus avoid corns in future.
Tips to Avoid Corns:
- Do not wear wet shoes.
- Do not avoid socks.
- Dry your feet well before wearing socks.
- Do not wear tight shoes or high heels.
- Do not walk bare-footed.
- Avoid shoes in rainy seasons.
Home Treatment to Get Rid of Corns
1.) Wear Comfortable Shoes
You get corn when you apply pressure and friction on toes. If you wear tight and uncomfortable shoes that you can be the culprit behind of the appearance. One of the most important thing that you can do is to prevent the corn from developing, so you should be careful about the things that can developed corns. You have to stay away from the shoes that give you pressure on your toes.
You need to take care of your feet by wearing footwear. Always wear socks while wearing shoes or with the shoes that can be wear with socks. Socks work as cushion to your toes, therefore it will reduce the friction that can cause and worsen the corn. You need to completely avoid the high heels and wear those shoes with narrow fronts.
2.) Get Rid of Pressure by Using Foam Wedges
Once you get inside the home, you should remove your shoes. To minimize the further pressure on toes, you can use foam wedges in between your toes. You can also try the slipping pair of foam pedicure slippers or sandals. This footwear places wedges in between your toes by separating them and preventing them rubbing together as you move around.
3.) Use Foot Powder Between Your Toes
You should apply powder between your toes, as foot powder is very good in absorbing moisture. When you use foot powder between your toes then you will get less chances having corn or your corn on the toes are less likely to become irritated or inflamed.
You need to sprinkle the powder over and in between the toes before slipping on your socks and shoes in the morning. You can also reapply the foot powder throughout days when you feel that your skin is becoming moist or sweaty.
4.) Rub the Skin With Pumice Stone
Removing a thickened skin can also help you to get rid of the corns. You just need to soak your foot in the warm water for about 20 minutes to soften the skin. After that take the pumice stone and gently rub on the corns to remove the toughest skin on the top of the surface of the corn.
You can also use an emery board instead of pumice stone. When you see the corn developed between your toes then it will become difficult to scrub it with pumice stone. You can use emery board or nail file that can be used in these instances.
5.) Reduce any Discomfort with Ice
If you feel swelling and discomfort will remain continue then you can apply cool pack or ice pack to the area for few minutes to numb away the discomfort and also reduce the swelling. The ice will not heal the corn but it definitely help in reducing the pain associate with severe corns.
6.) Go for Ointments or Drops
Most of the counter treatments have a minimal concentration of salicylic acid, which help in dissolving the keratin protein responsible that make the corn and the thick, crusty layer of the skin on top of it. There is a one disadvantage about the counter treatments is that they contain acid which helps in damaging the skin as well as skin affected by the corns. So if you these treatment easily then you may cause severe damage to your skin more than heal. The person who is diabetic should not use or the person who have impaired sensation or those who have thin skin.
You should always follow the instruction on the label while applying the ointment or any other tropical treatments to get rid of corns.
7.) Go for Corn Pad or a Corn Plaster
To get rid of corn, better to use corn pad or a corn plaster. These treatment get stick like bandage, it work as cushioning the corn on your toes, they also contain a small concentration of salicylic acid to treat the corn as it remain on.
The best corn pads and plasters are in the ring shaped. They work as cushion when you wear your shoes and hold most of the moisture to keep the corn soft, thereby easing comfort.
Since many of the pads contain acid treatment, so it is not advisable to use with other treatments. If you want to cover the after using the another treatment than make sure you have use a corn pad or plaster without salicylic acid in it or you can use plain adhesive bandage.
8.) Use Customized Shoe Inserts
Professionally fitted shoes can insert can provide just the right amount of cushioning and protection to your feet, therefore helping corn on your toes can heal faster and also prevent more corn from developing.
You can purchase standard gel that insert in the shoe that you can purchase it from the store. But better to go with the customized insert that will be much more effective. You need to talk to the podiatrist about where and how to purchase prescription show inserts custom-fit for your foot.
9.) Go for Prescription Topical Remedy
Prescription remedies often contain higher concentration of salicylic acid then over the counter counterparts and some prescription remedies also use contain, you need to use stronger combinations of acid to get the same purpose.
Acid should not be used by the diabetics, or for those people who have impaired sensation or the person who have thin skin. There are many other acids that help in treating the corn like trichloroacetic acid and a combination of salicylic acid, lactic acid and collodion.
You need to follow the instructions carefully when you give medication to prevent accidental damage to the skin around the corns.
10.) Take Some Antibiotic to Prevent Corn
If you are suffering from the corn and it gets infected then you need to ask your doctor for an antibiotic to treat the infection when the corn heals. You should also aware that the tropical and antibiotic medicine should only be prescribed if the corn is affected with the infection. Antibiotic will have no side effects and that is only helps you to treat the infection.