This article is about ways to get rid of corns. Corns are the blisters that pop up on the foot. They generally pop on the ball of the foot, on sole of the foot, on the pinkie toe and between the toes. They are filled with fluid and are marked by redness and swelling. Corns are irritating, itchy and sometimes painful. Treating them is not that difficult but if they are not treated in time, they can prove to be nuisance. This article has the description of the remedies that are used to treat it. Just go through the article to know more about corns and the remedies for it.
Causes of Corns:
- Wearing ill-fitted shoes
- Wearing high heels
- Wearing wet shoes
- Wearing shoes when feet are wet
- Foot abnormalities
- Walking on the hard floor
- Repeating same shoes
- Wear shoes without socks
Ways to Get Rid of Corns:
Here are the remedies that are used to get rid of corns. Corns are easy to treat and there are numerous remedies that help cure corn fast. Below are the easy remedies that are used to get rid of corns.
1.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Corns
Baking soda is anti-fungal and antibacterial in nature. It is a good exfoliating agent as well. It helps remove the dead skin and speeds up the healing process. Mix it in lukewarm water and use it to soak your feet for 15 minutes. Or else:
- Take some baking soda and water.
- Extract some lemon juice and add to it to make a paste.
- Now use the prepared paste and apply it on the affected area.
- Cover it with bandage and leave it overnight.
- In the morning, remove the bandage and wash your feet.
2.) White Vinegar to Get Rid of Corns
White vinegar is great in order to treat a corn. What you have to do is make a solution to dab on your corn. It is an overnight remedy which is much effective.
- Take one part of vinegar and three parts of water.
- Mix them together to make a solution.
- When the solution is ready, apply it on the corn.
- Cover it with a bandage.
- Leave it overnight and wash it with water next morning.
3.) Lemon to Get Rid of Corns
Lemon treat corns fantastically. It has citric acid which softens the skin. You can use it in various ways. You can apply it directly on the corn. Or you can also use it with cloves.
- Take some cloves and soak it in lemon juice for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the clove and use the juice to apply on the corn.
- Allow t to dry and then repeat.
- Do it several times a day.
4.) Pumice Stone to Get Rid of Corns
Pumice stone helps remove the dead and the hardened skin. It also eliminates the pain. It is among the most efficient remedies used to get rid of corns. Follow the steps to use it:
- Do it before going to the bed.
- Take some lukewarm water to soak your feet in that.
- Soak your feet for 15 minutes.
- Now rub the pumice stone on it then apply castor oil on it.
- Cover it with bandage and go to sleep.
- Next morning, remove the bandage and again apply the castor oil.
5.) Garlic to Get Rid of Corns
Garlic has the antioxidants and antibacterial contents. It helps with the redness, pain itching and swelling. You can rub a garlic clove on it and cover it with bandage and leave it overnight. You can also go for another option:
- Take some garlic cloves and cut them into smaller pieces.
- Now add some salt to it and make a paste.
- Now apply the prepared paste on the corn and cover it with a bandage.
- Leave it for 3 days.
- When you will remove it, you will see the difference.
6.) Vitamin E to Get Rid of Corns
Vitamin E deals with pain, itchiness and swelling. It softens the skin and fights the swelling and bacteria. What you can do is:
- Take handful of vitamin E capsules.
- Extract the oil from it.
- Now add a few drops of olive oil to it.
- Now make a paste and give your feet a massage.
- Do it before going to the bed.
7.) Pineapple to Get Rid of Corns
You can use pineapple to get rid of corns. It treats the corn well and works almost instantly. It kills the corn and removes the dead skin. You have to use the peel for the purpose. It is also an overnight remedy. Follow the steps to use it.
- Take a small piece of pineapple peel.
- Use it in a way that the inner layer of the peel touches the corn.
- Now fix it using a bandage.
- Leave it overnight and remove in the morning.
- Repeat it till the corn is completely gone.
8.) Papaya Peel to Get Rid of Corns
We used pineapple peel, now it’s time to use the papaya peel. Papaya peel removes the redness and swelling from the corn. What you have to do is:
- Take a papaya peel it and place it on the corn in the same way as we placed the pineapple peel.
- Now cover it with a bandage and go to sleep.
- Next morning, remove it and soak your feet in lukewarm water for 30 minutes.
- Repeat the process until it is gone.
9.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Corns
Turmeric is antiseptic and anti-fungal in nature that treats it well and kills it completely. You just have to mix mustard oil with it and it heals it fast. Follow the steps to use it:
- Take one teaspoon of turmeric and add a few drops of mustard oil.
- Mix it well to make a paste.
- Now apply it on the corn.
- Tape it with a bandage.
- Leave it overnight.
- Wash it water in the morning.
10.) Willow Bark to Get Rid of Corns
Willow bark kills the corns but it might be harmful for some people. You need to be very careful while using it. Use the powder and get rid of it.
- Take some willow bark powder, water and lemon juice to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on the corn.
- Now, cover it with a bandage and leave it overnight.
- In the morning, remove it and wash your feet.
- Repeat till its gone completely.
11.) Aspirin to Get Rid of Corns
You can also use aspirin to treat corns. Apart from treating headache, aspirin also helps you cure corn on the foot. What you have to do is:
- Take some aspirin and crush them is bowl.
- Add some water to it to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on the corn and cover it with a bandage.
- In the morning, wash it off.
- Repeat it daily until the corn is gone.
12.) Chalk to Get Rid of Corns
Yes, it is the same chalk that is used by kids to draw everything they like. You can use it to get rid of corn that you really do not like. What you have to do is:
- Take some chalk and crush them
- Add a little water to it and make a paste.
- Now apply the paste on the affected area.
- Allow it to sit for some time and you have instant results.
13.) Onion to Get Rid of Corns
Onion can also be used really effectively in order to treat corns. It has properties that help cure corns well. What you have to do is:
- Take an onion and slice it.
- Now place a slice on your corn and cover it with bandage.
- Leave it overnight.
- In the morning, you will see the difference.
14.) Ice Compress to Get Rid of Corns
You can also use ice compress to treat your corn well. This works like a charm if your corn is really painful. It also reduces swelling and inflammation. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Take an ice cube and wrap it in a cotton cloth.
- Place it on the affected area for 5 minutes and you can notice the difference.
15.) Cornstarch to Get Rid of Corns
Cornstarch can prove to be one of the most amazing remedies for corns treatment. What you have to do is:
- Take some corn starch and dab it on the affected area.
- It is good to used if the corn is between your toes.
- It will also help keep your feet dry and will thus avoid corns in future.
Tips to Avoid Corns: