If you are ashamed of your dark armpits and unable to wear a sleeveless top, then this article will guide you by giving some useful tips to get rid of dark armpits. Having dark underarms will certainly give you embarrassment. The dark coloration of the armpits is not a disease. Dark underarms is a common problem in U.S as it is due to suntan and over exposure to the sun. Having dark underarms is also the result of by using some alcoholic deodorants and some hair removal creams.There are some other reasons also that affect your armpits such as excessive sweating, antiperspirants, poor ventilation of underarms, accumulation of dead skin cells and shaving. To get rid of dark armpits use some simple remedies or treatments which will help in whitening of underarms.
Causes of Dark Armpits:
- Hair removal creams
- Excessive weight
- Alcohol based deodorants and perfumes.
- Build up of dead skin cells.
Best Remedies to Get Rid of Dark Armpits:
You can easily treat dark armpits by using effective, safe and affordable treatments.
1.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Dark Armpits
The main reason of darkening of underarms is the build up of dead skin cells in that area. Baking soda is very effective for scrubbing or exfoliation.
Steps to Use Baking Soda to Treat Dark Armpits:
- Make a paste by mixing 2 tbsp of baking soda and a few drops of water.
- Then apply it on the underarms and rub it gently.
- Use it regularly for at least 3 to 4 times a week that will help to unclog your pores and removes the dead skin which lighten your underarms.
2.) Milk to Get Rid of Dark Underarms Fast & Naturally
Milk has vitamins and fatty acids which helps to lighten the dark underarms. When you mix it with curd, then it will do a great job for whitening your dark underarms.
Steps to Use Milk for Whitening of Dark Underarms Fast:
- Take 2 tbsp of milk, 1 tbsp of curd and 1 tbsp of flour and make a paste.
- Apply this mixture to your dark armpits.
- After 15 minutes, rinse it off with water.
3.) Cucumber to Lighten Your Armpits at Home
Cucumber is one of the best home remedies for lightening dark armpits. Cucumber has natural bleaching properties to lighten the dark skin.
Steps to Use Cucumber to Get Rid of Dark Armpits Naturally:
- Take a cucumber slice and gently rub it on your underarms or you can apply the juice of cucumber on your armpits.
- Repeat it 2 times a day for a few days until you get the desired results.
- Another method is grate a cucumber to extract the juice and mix it with a lemon juice and a little turmeric powder. Apply this paste on the armpits. After half an hour, rinse it off with water. Repeat this remedy on every other day for best and effective results.
4.) Coconut Oil to Get Rid of Dark Armpits Fast
Coconut oil contains Vitamin E which helps to remove the darkness of underarms. It also acts as an effective natural deodorant.
Steps to Use Coconut Oil to Treat Dark Armpits:
- Use coconut oil to massage the dark armpits.
- After 10 to 15 minutes, wash your underarms with mild soap and lukewarm water.
- Repeat it 2 to 3 times daily until you get the best results.
5.) Orange Peel to Get Rid of Dark Armpits Fast
Orange peels are used to lighten the dark skin under your arms. Orange peel is one of the best home remedies for treating dark armpits as it contains citric acid.
Steps to Use Orange Peel to Prevent Dark Underarms:
- Take some orange peels and put them in the sun for a few days until they gets dry completely.
- Then blend them into powder form.
- Add 2 tbsp of powdered orange peels, rose water and milk to make a thick paste.
- Rub your underarms with the paste and let it dry for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash your area with cold water. Repeat it 2 to 3 times a week.
6.) Potato to Lighten Dark Armpits Fast
Potato is a natural bleaching agent that contains acidic property. Due to having strong bleaching agents it helps to prevent skin irritation.
Steps to Use Potato to Whiten Dark Armpits:
- Cut a potato into slice and rub it on your armpits.
- Alternate method is to grate the potato and apply it to the dark underarms.
- After 15 to 20 minutes wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Use it 2 times a day for faster results.
7.) Vinegar for Whitening Dark Armpits Fast
Vinegar is also good to get rid of your dark armpits. Vinegar helps to kill germs and bacteria on dead skin cells and also lighten your skin color.
Steps to Use Vinegar to Lighten Dark Underarms:
- Combine vinegar and rice flour to make a thick paste.
- After taking hot shower apply this paste on your armpits.
- Allow it to dry, then wash it off with warm water. Do this remedy few times a week.
8.) Sandalwood to Get Rid of Dark Armpits
Due to its skin lightening properties, sandalwood is useful for getting rid of dark underarms. Using rose water will add a softening and cooling effect on the skin. The fragrance of sandalwood odor helps to get rid of bad odor.
Steps to Use Sandalwood to Treat Dark Underarms:
- Add 2 tbsp of sandalwood powder and rose water to make a paste.
- Apply this soothing paste on your armpits. After 15 minutes rinse it off with cold water.
- Repeating it daily helps to lighten the skin tone of your dark armpits.
9.) Gram Flour to Get Rid of Dark Armpits Fast
Gram flour is the best ingredient to get rid of dark armpits. You can make a homemade whitening pack by using gram flour.
Steps to Use Gram Flour to Prevent Dark Underarms:
- Add 2 tbsp of gram flour, 1 tsp of plain yogurt, 1 tsp of lemon juice and a little turmeric powder to make a thick paste.
- Apply this pack on your dark underarms.
- Let it dry and rinse it off with warm water. Apply this pack daily for a few weeks to get the desired results.
10.) Herbal to Get Rid of Dark Armpits Naturally
There are many herbs which helps in whitening your armpits.
Steps to Use Herbal to Lighten Your Dark Armpits:
- Combine licorice root extract, aspen extract and raspberry extract. Mix them well and apply them on your dark armpits.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and wash it off with water. Due to having medicinal properties these herbs will help to increase the production of phenomelanin compound in the skin which helps to lighten your dark skin.
Other Useful Tips:
- Don’t shave your underarms. Use wax to remove the hair as it will remove the dead skin cells.
- Avoid hair removal creams as these creams contain chemicals that can darken your underarms.
- Don’t use antiperspirants and deodorants because they contain chemicals that can give you rough underarms.
- If the above remedies will not work then consult your doctor to lighten your underarms.
- Avoid excessive exfoliation as excessive exfoliation may lead to scarring that result in dark underarms.
- Don’t wear synthetic and tight clothes because they leads to pigmentation and rashes. Always wear cotton fabrics.