Those who are having dark elbows feel ashamed in wearing sleeveless or short sleeve dresses. An even skin color adds to your beauty and having darkness on elbows makes your skin tone uneven. Darkness occurs, due to the exposure to the sun and builds up the thick and dead skin on the elbows. There are some other factors that lead to dark elbows such as genetic factors, frequent rubbing, dry skin, obesity, hormonal imbalance and increased melanin pigment. The skin around the elbows is thicker. The elbow’s skin is dry because there is no oil gland in that area. So, you need to maintain proper hygiene to lighten the darkness of elbows. By using various methods, you can get rid of dark elbows.
Best Remedies to Get Rid of Dark Elbows:
Several ways are there to get rid of dark coloration of elbows.
1.) Scrub to Get Rid of Dark Elbows
- Scrubbing your elbows helps to remove flaky and dry skin, which causes the skin to turn in a dark color.
- To remove the dead skin cells use a loofah to apply with exfoliating shower gel.
- You can also prepare your own scrub by mixing 2 parts of sugar and 1 part of the oil.
- Then scrub your elbow gently once or twice a week.
2.) Cucumber to Get Rid of Dark Elbows
Cucumber contains natural bleaching properties, which helps to remove the darkness of the elbows. It also keeps the skin moisturized and remove impurities from the outer skin layer.
Steps to Use Cucumber to Lighten Your Elbows Fast:
- Cut the cucumber into slices and rub the slice over your elbows for 10 minutes.
- Leave it for five minutes. Wash it off with cold water. Apply this cucumber slice daily.
- You can also prepare a paste by mixing equal amounts of cucumber juice and lemon juice.
- Add a little turmeric powder to it and apply it to your elbow.
- Keep it for 20 to 30 minutes and wash it with water. Apply this paste daily.
3.) Mint to Remove Darkness from Elbows
Mint contains volatile oils, which promote collagen in the body. It also helps to maintain an even skin tone and makes skin healthy and glow.
Steps to Use Mint to Get Rid of Dark Elbows and Knees Naturally:
- Boil half a cup of water with a handful of mint leaves for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add half tsp of lemon juice to it. Strain the solution and allow it to cool.
- Dab a cotton ball in it and rub it on your elbows.
- Keep it for 15 to 20 minutes and wash it with warm water.
- Follow this treatment 1 -2 times a day until you get the lighter skin.
4.) Aloe Vera to Lighten the Darkness of Elbow
Aloe Vera is a natural treatment, which keeps the skin moisturized and hydrated. It also maintain skin tone and repair the skin cells damaged by skin exposure.
Steps to Use Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Black Elbows Naturally:
- Extract the gel from aloe vera leaf.
- Apply, it to your elbow and keep it for 20 minutes.
- Wash your elbow with warm water.
- Apply, it daily for a few weeks.
5.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Dark Elbows and Knees
Baking soda works as a gentle cleanser and hence it is good for treating dark elbows. It can reduce hyperpigmentation and remove dead skin cells.
Steps to Use Baking Soda to Remove Darkness From Elbows:
- Make a paste by adding 1 tbsp of milk to 1 tbsp of baking soda.
- Apply, it to your dark elbow and rub it in circular motions for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Wash your area with lukewarm water.
- Apply, this paste daily until you get the best results.
6.) Sugar to Get Rid of Dark Elbows Fast
Sugar is one of the best home remedies for lightening dark skin. Using sugar scrub helps to lighten the skin tone of your elbows. Sugar granules help to soften the skin and exfoliate dead skin.
Steps to Use Sugar to Clean Dark Elbows Overnight:
- Make a thick paste by mixing equal parts of sugar and olive oil.
- Apply, this paste on your dark elbow and rub it for 5 minutes in circular motions.
- Rinse it off with mild soap and warm water.
- Repeat this sugar scrub daily.
7.) Yogurt to Get Rid of Dark Elbows & Knees Fast
Yogurt helps to lighten the skin color, due to the presence of lactic acid. It also moisturizes and cleanses the skin.
Steps to Use Yogurt to Remove Darkness from Elbows:
- Make a smooth paste by mixing 1 tsp of plain yogurt and 1 tsp of vinegar.
- Apply, this paste on the affected area and allow it to dry.
- Wash it off with water and apply moisturizer.
8.) Get Rid of Dark Elbows With Lemon
Lemon is a natural bleaching agent, which has exfoliating properties. It is also high in vitamin C that helps to lighten the skin tone and remove dead cells. It also promotes healthy skin cells.
Steps to Use Lemon to Get Rid of Black Elbows and Knees:
- Apply, lemon juice on your dark elbows and rub it gently for a few minutes.
- Wash your elbow with warm water and apply a moisturizing lotion to your elbow.
9.) Almond to Get Rid of Dark Elbows Naturally
Almonds and almond oil are good for your skin tone. It also keeps your skin healthy and glowing due to the presence of skin-nourishing properties.
Steps to Use Almond to Lighten Your Dark Elbows:
- Massage your dark elbow with almond oil for 5 minutes.
- Do it daily before going to bed.
- Within a few days, you will notice the improvement.
10.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Dark Elbows
Turmeric is highly considered for lightening dark elbows. It also maintain an even skin tone and adds the glow to the skin.
Steps to Use Turmeric to Avoid Dark Elbows:
- Make a paste by mixing a turmeric powder with 1 tsp of milk cream.
- Apply, it to your elbows and massage with it for a few minutes.
- Let it dry and wash it off with lukewarm water.
11.) Pumice Stone to Get Rid of Dark Color of Elbows
- Using a pumice stone is one of the best ways for lightening the skin tone.
- Pumice stone is helpful to remove the dead skin cells.
- Gently rub your skin or elbow with a pumice stone to remove the dead skin.
- You can also apply a natural oil like coconut oil, sesame seed oil, and olive oil to reduce the darkening of the skin.
12.) Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter to Get Rid of Dark Elbows
- Cocoa butter and shea butter works as a good moisturizer and helps to make your skin soft.
- Both the moisturizer helps to remove the darkness which is caused by the dry and flaky skin.
- Apply shea butter or cocoa butter on the dark elbows every night before bedtime.