After writing how to get pale skin?, and how to get fair skin fast permanently?, we are now writing the ways to get rid of dry skin. Dry skin is a very common problem faced. Dry skin means lack of moisture in the skin. It leads to scaling, itching and cracking of the skin. Most of the people have naturally dry skin, but many with oily skin can also, some time, face the problem of dry skin. Dry skin is nothing but just the absence of sufficient amount of moisture in the skin and thus, it can be treated by just adding moisture to the skin. But, how will you provide moisture to the skin is a question to be answered. In this article, we are going to discuss such answers and tell you various methods to get rid of dry skin.
Types of Dry Skin:
There are mainly four types of dry skin:
Allergic Dermatitis – Allergic Dermatitis is a dry skin problem which is caused by allergy towards something. In the case someone has allergy towards something, then he develops some patches and rashes on the skin. This problem is short-term.
Atopic Dermatitis – This is a life-long dry skin problem that is caused by heredity.
Contact Dermatitis – This problem is caused when you come in contact with any chemical and your skin becomes inflamed immediately.
Seborrheic Dermatitis – Most common in infants, this is caused by overproduction of oil by the skin which leads to red scaly rashes.
Causes of Dry Skin:
Heredity – It is natural dry skin caused by the heredity factor. If any of your parents has dry skin, then you also possess it. This type of dry skin is life long. You have to take frequent treatment that is temporary but effective.
Winter Weather – Change in weather leads to drying of the skin. In winters, the environment takes away the moisture from the skin. The body is unable to produce the oil as it can’t sweat and the skin becomes dry.
Soaps – There are some elements that take away the moisture from the body. It makes the skin dry looking and scaly.
Hot Shower – Steamy shower removes the moisture from the skin and makes it look dry and rough.
Methods to Get Rid of Dry Skin:
If you are really irritated with scaly and dry skin and looking forward to get rid of it then you need not worry. Here is the solution for you. There are many ways you can get rid of dry skin. Here in this article you get to learn such remedies that help you with your dry skin. Methods to get rid of the dry skin are:
1.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Dry Skin
Aloe Vera works as a key remedy for many of the skin problems. It treats dry skin in the same way. If you have an Aloe Vera plan at your place, then you need not worry. What you have to do is simply follow the steps:
- Take a fleshy Aloe Vera leaf and cut it into two.
- Now extract the gel from the leaf.
- Apply it on your face and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Now wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Do it on a daily basis.
2.) Rose Water to Get Rid of Dry Skin
Rose water helps a lot in getting rid of t dry skin. It adds moisture to the skin and makes it look smooth. If you have naturally dry skin, then also it works great. To use it in a proper way, just follow the steps:
- Take some moisturizer that you use and add one teaspoon of rose water to it.
- Mix it nicely and apply it on the body.
- It makes the skin smooth and shiny for a longer period.
- So use it whenever you apply moisturizer.
3.) Almond Oil to Get Rid of Dry Skin
Almond oil is a rich source of vitamin E and thus it serves great for the skin. Apply it daily in a proper way and your skin becomes smooth and healthy. Use it in the given manner to make it a potential remedy for dry skin.
- Take some almond oil in a bowl and heat it.
- When it is lukewarm, massage your body with it.
- After massaging your body, wait for 30 minutes.
- Now, go and take a shower.
- After taking a shower, apply some mild moisturizer.
- Do it daily at least once.
4.) Olive Oil to Get Rid of Dry Skin
Olive oil has some essential fatty acids that are great for dry skin. Using it is easy. You have to put a very little efforts and you get rid of dry skin. Here are steps that will guide you with it:
- Rub some olive oil on your body.
- Leave it on your body for 30 minutes before going for a bath.
- Now take a shower.
- After taking a shower, apply mild moisturizer to your body.
5.) Milk to Get Rid of Dry Skin
Milk contains lactic acid that is good at fighting the dead cells of the skin. Use milk to get rid of dry skin. It works as the natural moisturizer and retains the moisture of your skin. What you have to do is:
- Take a clean soft cloth.
- Take a bowl of cold milk.
- Soak the cloth in the milk and apply it on your body.
- Leave it on your body for 5 minutes.
- Now wash it with lukewarm water.
- Do it on a daily basis.
6.) Coconut Oil to Get Rid of Dry Skin
Coconut oil is a very efficient element in treating your dry skin. Apply it on your skin and your skin becomes smooth. Follow the steps:
- Take some olive oil and apply it on your body.
- Now go to sleep.
- When you wake up in the morning and wash it with lukewarm water.
- Do it on a daily basis and you have the positive results.
7.) Yogurt to Get Rid of Dry Skin
Yogurt also works wonderfully in getting rid of dry skin. What you can do is apply yogurt directly on the skin for 10 minutes before taking a shower. It will moisturize your skin and what else you can do is make a paste by mixing it with other ingredients.
- Take half cup of yogurt.
- Add 3 tablespoons of mashed papaya to it.
- Stir it for a while and add a few drops of honey and lemon juice to it.
- Mix it well and apply it on the face and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Wash it with cold water.
- Do it once a week and moisturize your skin.
8.) Honey to Get Rid of Dry Skin
Honey works great in moisturizing your skin. There is a simple way to use it. Apply it directly on the face and take a shower after 10 minutes. You can use it in a different way as well. Follow the steps for the purpose:
- Take equal amount of unprocessed honey, olive oil and beeswax.
- Heat the beeswax in a pan.
- Now remove the pan from the heat and add the wax to honey and olive oil.
- Apply the mixture on the body and take shower after 10 minutes.
9.) Milk Cream to Get Rid of Dry Skin
Milk cream works fantastically in curing dry skin. Apply it on your skin and the fat in it will provide moisture to the skin and will make it milky white. You can apply it on the skin directly using as a natural moisturizer. After applying it, take a bath. Or, you can also mix it with gram flour.
- Take three tablespoons of gram flour.
- Add sufficient amount of cream milk to make a paste.
- Now apply the paste on your body.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
10.) Oatmeal to Get Rid of Dry Skin
Oatmeal is not only good for your health but also for your skin. It helps handle dryness of the skin. To utilize it, follow the steps:
- Pour one cup of olive oil in the bath tub.
- Now fill the bath tub with warm water (as much you can handle).
- Now soak yourself in the tub and enjoy the bath.
11.) Jojoba Oil to Get Rid of Dry Skin
Jojoba oil can also be used very efficiently to treat dry skin naturally at home. You just have to massage your face with jojoba oil and you will be able to avoid dry skin. Follow the given process to use it:
- Heat some water in a pan.
- When the water is lukewarm, dip a washcloth in it.
- Wring out extra water from the cloth completely.
- Keep it on the face for 5 minutes.
- Now take some jojoba oil and use it to massage your face.
- Leave it for ten minutes and then wipe your face with washcloth.
12.) Avocado to Get Rid of Dry Skin
You can also use avocado to heal dry skin. Just use it with honey to get the best results. Follow the steps to use it:
- Take half avocado and mash it well.
- Now add honey to it and make a paste with smooth consistency.
- Apply it on your face and leave for 15 minutes.
- Now wash your face off.