In this article, we will discuss ways to get rid of facial hair. We will suggest you some of the best home remedies to get rid of facial hair. In medical words, abnormal growth of hair on the face as well as on the body in women is known as hirsutism. It has been examined that individuals who have dark hair or pigmentation are likely to be hairier as compare to those who have lighter pigmentation or have blonde hair.
Everyone usually have hair almost on every part of the body (except eyeballs and nails). Hence, women also have facial hair, but it is generally only fine hair or peach fuzz. Facial hair can be an embarrassing beauty concern for women, particularly when they age and their estrogen levels change because of menopause.
Causes of Facial Hair
- Hormonal conditions
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Certain medication effect
- Adrenal gland disorders
There are many medical options available for the treatment of facial hair. You can even give a try to below listed home remdies for facial hair. These are safe, inexpensive and effective.
Remedies to Get Rid of Facial Hair Naturally and Fast
- Remedies to Get Rid of Facial Hair Naturally and Fast
- 1.) Sugar to Get Rid of Facial Hair Fast
- 2.) Lentil Face Pack to Get Rid of Facial Hair
- 3.) Turmeric for Chin Hair Treatment
- 4.) Lemon Juice and Honey for Chin Hair Treatment
- 5.) Chickpea Flour to Remove Unwanted Facial Hair
- 6.) Papaya as a Facial Hair Removal Treatment
- 7.) Green Gram Flour and Rose Water Remedy for Facial Hair
- 8.) Spearmint Tea for Facial Hair Removal
- 9.) Egg, Sugar and Corn Flour to Get Rid of Facial Hair
1.) Sugar to Get Rid of Facial Hair Fast
Sugar acts as a natural remedy for removing facial hair and body hair as well. Similar to waxing, it requires pulling the hair in the direction of the hair growth. It causes mild pain and skin irritation. In fact, this remedy was discovered centuries ago in Egypt. You can also use sugar to scrub skin.
- Take ¼ cup of water and heat in a pan.
- Mix 2 cups of granulated sugar and ¼ cup of lemon juice to it.
- Keep heating the paste until bubbles are formed.
- Reduce the heat to low-medium and simmer it for about 25 minutes until its color turns to dark amber.
- Remove it from the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- Apply a little cornstarch or baby powder on your skin.
- Then, apply the lukewarm paste on your face in the opposite direction of the hair growth.
- Place a clean cotton strip over the layer of sugar paste.Leave it to sit for several minutes.
- At last, pull it off instantly in the direction of the hair growth.
2.) Lentil Face Pack to Get Rid of Facial Hair
Lentil is an excellent ingredient to remove unwanted facial hair naturally and fast. For this, you just need to make a lentil face pack. This face pack can be prepared easily from powdered red lentils. It acts as an excellent face scrub to remove unwanted facial hair.
- Grind and filter ½ cup of red lentils several times to get a fine powder.
- Add 2 tbsp of the powder with enough milk or honey to make a fine paste. Keep the rest of the powder in an airtight container.
- Allow the prepared paste to sit for 15 minutes.
- Apply the paste to your face.
- Allow it to sit for 15-20 minutes before scrubbing it off.
- Use it 2-3 times a week.
- Use it only once a week if you have dry skin.
- You can even add dried orange peel powder, sandalwood powder, rose water, and potato juice in this face pack.
- These ingredients are excellent for your skin. Especially, potato juice, as it helps lighten your skin tone.
3.) Turmeric for Chin Hair Treatment
Turmeric is one of best ingredients for many body ailments. It is beneficial both internally and externally. Turmeric can also be an excellent remedy to get rid of unwanted facial hair naturally when combined with a number of ingredients.
- Take equal amounts of turmeric and whole wheat flour and mix them.
- Add an adequate amount of sesame oil to make a thick paste.
- Apply it on your face evenly and allow it to sit for 30 minutes.
- Scrub it gently after 30 minutes.
- Repeat the process once a week.
- Take 2 tsp of turmeric powder with enough milk or rose water to make a fine paste.
- Apply the paste on your face and let it dry.
- Finally, scrub it off gently.
- To remove the yellow coloration on your skin due to the application of turmeric, soak a cotton ball in milk and rub it on your skin.
4.) Lemon Juice and Honey for Chin Hair Treatment
Lemon juice and honey mask can be a great method to remove fine hair from your face. The lemon juice acts as a cleansing and exfoliating agent, whereas honey helps soften the hair as it has hydrating and moisturizing properties.
Also, being an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial, it helps prevent skin irritation and breakout. Lemon juice also helps lighten your facial skin and hair due to its bleaching properties.
- Take 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice and mix in four tablespoons of honey.
- Spread the mixture on your face and allow it to sit on for 15-20 minutes.
- Finally, remove the mask gently with a clean washcloth dipped in lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process twice a week for several months.
5.) Chickpea Flour to Remove Unwanted Facial Hair
A chickpea flour face pack works as a great exfoliating agent. It helps remove dead skin and hair from the skin. Plus, it helps lighten the color tone of your skin and facial hair.
- Take 2 tbsp of chickpea flour, 1 tbsp of milk cream, 1 ½ tsp of milk, and ¾ tsp of turmeric.
- Mix all the ingredients well to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on your face and allow it to sit for 20 minutes or until it dries.
- Later, scrub it off with the help of facial loofah pad or a soft cloth soaked in lukewarm water.
- Repeat this method 3-4 times a week for a month.
6.) Papaya as a Facial Hair Removal Treatment
Papaya is another fine remedy to get rid of facial hair effectively and safely. Papaya has fine bleaching properties. Hence, it acts as a natural bleach and helps lighten facial hair. It has Vitamins as well, which is good for the skin.
- Take 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder and mix in raw papaya pulp.
- Massage your face gently with it and allow it to sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Finally, wash it off.
- Repeat this process once a week.
- Also, you can apply a mixture of ½ cup of papaya pulp and 1 tbsp of milk.
- Leave it for about 10 minutes before washing it off.
7.) Green Gram Flour and Rose Water Remedy for Facial Hair
Like chickpea flour, green gram flour also helps remove hair naturally through exfoliation. Plus, the mixture of green gram flour and rose water acts as a fine cleanser for sensitive and acne-prone skin.
- Take 1 ½ tbsp of rose water and mix with 2 tbsp of green gram flour to make a paste.
- You can also add 1 tbsp of lemon juice for added benefits of lemon.
- Apply the paste on your face and leave it for 20-25 minutes. Scrub it off later.
- Repeat this 3-4 times a week.
8.) Spearmint Tea for Facial Hair Removal
Excess hair growth is often caused due to the excessive production of androgen in the body. Spearmint tea can be helpful in maintaining hormone levels. Such features of spearmint makes it one of the best home remedies to prevent facial hair.
- Take a cup of water and boil it.
- Add 1 tsp of dried spearmint to it. If you have fresh spearmint leaves, use 4-5 of them.
- Cover the pan and steep it for about 5-10 minutes.
- Strain and sip the tea slowly.
- Drink it twice daily for best results.
9.) Egg, Sugar and Corn Flour to Get Rid of Facial Hair
This combination works as an excellent natural peel-off mask to get rid of facial hair. It also helps remove impurities from your skin. Thus, preventing your skin from any breakout as well.
- Beat one egg white and add 1 tbsp of sugar and ½ tbsp of corn flour to it.
- Spread this mixture evenly to your face.
- Allow it to dry for 15-20 minutes before peeling it off.
- Do this process 3-4 times a week.
10.) Homemade Sugar Wax to Get Rid of Chin Hair Instantly
Homemade sugar wax is one of the super easy and effective home remedies to get rid of facial hair. This remedy is easy and safe to use. Sugar wax works as any other wax. Below is the method to do it.
- Take 2 tsp of granulated sugar (white or brown) and 1 tsp each of honey and water. Mix well.
- Heat the mixture until it bubbles and turns brown. Let it cool.
- Apply it on the skin using a spatula.
- Keep a cloth strip over the area and smooth it out in the direction of the hair growth.
- At last, pull it off in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Repeat if needed.