In this article, we will tell you how to get rid of fever blister? Fever blister is also commonly known as cold sores caused by the herpes simplex type 1 virus. Fever blister outbreaks can be seen around the mouth and heals on its own within a week or two weeks. Fever blister is highly painful with inflammation and a burning sensation. It spoils your facial beauty and a cause’s real pain. They are red in color and are marked by swollen skin around it.
Symptoms of Fever Blisters:
Causes of Fever Blisters:
Remedies to Get Rid of Fever Blister:
- Remedies to Get Rid of Fever Blister:
- 1.) Garlic to Get Rid of Fever Blister
- 2.) Ice Pack to Get Rid of Fever Blister
- 3.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Fever Blister
- 4.) Milk to Get Rid of Fever Blister
- 5.) Do not Touch to Get Rid of Fever Blister
- 6.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Fever Blister
- 7.) Salt Water to Get Rid of Fever Blister
- 8.) Petroleum Jelly to Get Rid of Fever Blister
- 9.) Peppermint to Get Rid of Fever Blister
- 10.) Margosa Leaves to Get Rid of Fever Blister
- 11.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Fever Blister
- 12.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Fever Blister
1.) Garlic to Get Rid of Fever Blister
Garlic has anti-viral properties which make it very useful in getting rid of fever blister. It is known to cure skin disorders effectively. Take garlic cloves and make a fine paste of it. Apply the paste on the affected area, it will kill it completely. It is more effective than other remedies because it lower down the itching fast. There is no need of scratching it again and again for itching.
2.) Ice Pack to Get Rid of Fever Blister
Ice is the cheapest way to cure itching and inflammation caused by the fever blister. It has the property to bring instant relief to swelling. Follow an easy manner to get rid of fever blister. Take 2 to 3 cubes of ice in a piece of cloth and apply to the blister for a few minutes. Apply two times in a day. Don’t apply it for a long time as ice pack can cause dryness of the skin making fever blister more painful.
3.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Fever Blister
To treat any kind of skin disorder the one remedy which keep in our mind is Aloe Vera. Aloe Vera has the anti inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Aloe Vera Gel is easily available in any store. Apply the gel directly on your fever blister it will lower the inflammation, itchiness. If you have an Aloe Vera plant in your home. Then take fresh gel from it by peeling out the leaf. Applying fresh gel is more effective. Aloe Vera is useful not only for skin diseases but also for stomach and hair disorders.
4.) Milk to Get Rid of Fever Blister
Milk is easily available to cure fever blister. The protein present in milk is Immunoglobins, which make it very effective to remove and destroy viruses like herpes. Herpes destroys the agents which triggers the fever blister and heals the fever blister in a fast manner. Take one glass of milk and dip some cotton swabs in it. Apply the cotton swabs on fever blister affected area and rest it for a few minutes. Repeat the process two to three times in a day.
5.) Do not Touch to Get Rid of Fever Blister
Touching fever blister will make them more painful and incurable. Keep your hands away from blisters to get rid of fever blister. Touching will delay the healing of fever blister and it will grow even more. It is necessary and an advice to keep your hands away. Fever blister is highly contagious if you touch it regularly the fluid will get transferred to other body parts causing more fever blister.
6.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Fever Blister
Apple cider vinegar has properties of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory. It is one of the best remedies for any kind of skin disorder and not only for fever blister. Apple vinegar manages the pH of your body which destroys the blister breakouts. Take a warm glass of water, mix 2 tablespoons apple vinegar and take it daily. The other way of using it is made a toner to apply to your face. Mix the apple vinegar with water and spray every night on your face before going to sleep.
7.) Salt Water to Get Rid of Fever Blister
Sea salt is helpful in drying out the skin, removing away all the oil that causes fever blister. Always use sea salt not the salt you eat as it has iodine in it which may further make the blister intolerable. There is not much research has been done on sea salt, but it is effective in removing oil and bacteria.
Fill your bath tub with warm water, add 1-2 cups of sea salt and soak in this for 15-30 minutes. The result you may see on fever blister in a week or so. The other way of using sea salt is by spraying sea salt mixed with water on your fever blister regularly during the day.
8.) Petroleum Jelly to Get Rid of Fever Blister
Petroleum jelly is one of the fastest and most effective remedy to get rid of fever blister. You apply it on your skin to make it smooth and silky. It helps to moisturize the dryness caused by the fever blister on the skin. The sticky nature of petroleum jelly helps to fill the gaps on the skin caused by fever blister. Applying directly on your blister will help in getting relief from itching, redness. Apply it at night before going to bed and when you get up the next morning, you can feel the difference.
9.) Peppermint to Get Rid of Fever Blister
Mint leaves provide a soothing effect to the fever blister. Mint contains menthol which has natural properties like analgesic and an anti-inflammatory agent. This will help in lowering the swelling due to acne and pain.
- Crush a good amount of mint leaves into a fine paste.
- Apply the paste on your fever blister affected areas and leave for at least 15 minutes.
- Wash off with water and apply this after every 2-3 hours.
10.) Margosa Leaves to Get Rid of Fever Blister
Margosa is the other name of Indian Lilac and is in use for centuries to cure skin diseases. Margosa works from inside by detoxifying and purifying the blood. Margosa has anti-bacterial properties that can cure fever blister in a fast manner. There are many ways of using margosa leaves.
- You can apply the margosa oil directly on your face.
- Chew fresh leaves of margosa in the morning.
- Make a paste of the leaves by crushing them, with little water. Apply the paste on the face and let it for 30 minutes. Wash it with normal water.
- Take some margosa leaves, boil them in water for about 10 minutes. Let it cool down, strain it and have it.
11.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Fever Blister
Turmeric is another popular Ayurvedic medicine that is quite beneficial to treat fever blisters. It works as a natural anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial medicine to treat skin diseases.
- Take some turmeric about a spoon in bowl.
- Add water in it to form a thick paste.
- Apply the turmeric paste on your fever blister.
- Rest it until it dries.
- Clean it with cold water and follow the method for a few days.
12.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Fever Blister
Baking soda is a natural bleaching agent that helps to clear out the infection and dead skin cells from the fever blister area. It also stops the growth of fever blister and prevents the skin from further infection.
- Take a spoon of baking soda in a bowl.
- Add water in it to form a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected area.
- Wait for its drying and clean it with cold water.
- Follow the method for a few days.