Freckles are tiny brown and dark brown spots that appear on the skin surface, mostly on the face. These are harmless. According to many dermatologists, freckles are caused when our skin gets damaged by the sun. The repeated exposure to the sun causes melanocytes. The skin cell produces melanin pigment. And, as a results our skin become darker, and freckles are formed. The main reason for the development of freckles is the uneven distribution of dark pigment on the skin. And, when there is an uneven distribution of pigments on certain areas of the skin, it leads the formation of spots. This article tells you some of the easy and fast remedies to get rid of freckles.
Common Recommendations to Get Rid of Freckles:
- Increase intake of water
- Use sun protection creams
- Drink citrus fruit juices
- Makeup solutions to hide your freckles
Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Freckles:
1.) Lemon to Get Rid of Freckles
Lemon is a natural bleaching agent which can help to lighten our freckles. It is the best way to treat freckles.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice in a bowl.
- Dip a cotton ball and apply it on your freckles and let it dry.
- Wash it off with cool water and then apply moisturizer on it.
2.) Red Onion and Lemon to Get Rid of Freckles
Onions have exfoliating power which can help in fading of freckles. Red onion contains sulfur, which helps to keep our skin free from dark spots.
- Grate one onion and extracts its juice and add few drops of fresh lemon.
- Mix it well and dip cotton balls in it apply it on freckles.
- Let it dry and wash it off with cool water.
- Repeat this remedy every day to remove freckles.
3.) Parsley Juice to Get Rid of Freckles
Parsley is a great remedy for freckles because it contains a high amount of vitamin c, calcium, potassium and thus, it maintains our skin tone. It also has bleaching properties.
- Grind fresh parsley leaves and extracts its juice.
- Mix it with an equal amount of fresh lemon juice and mix them well.
- Apply it on freckles and leave it to dry.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this procedure daily to see the difference.
4.) Coconut Water to Get Rid of Freckles
Coconut water is very good for both health and skin. It is great at treating freckles. Just go through the steps to learn the way to use it.
- Firstly we need to take two spoons of coconut water in a bowl.
- Mix few drops of fresh lemon juice and mix it.
- Apply this on your freckles with the help of cotton.
- Let it dry and then wash it off.
- Repeat this process every day twice.
- And see the positive result.
5.) Buttermilk to Get Rid of Freckles
Buttermilk is a very healthy drink that contains a good amount of lactic acid. This lactic acid has bleaching effects. It also has skin peeling properties that are useful to get rid of freckles. What we need to do is:
- Take buttermilk in a bowl and add few drops of fresh lemon juice and mix it.
- Dip cotton ball in the mixture.
- Apply it on freckles and let it dry, then rinse it off with warm water.
- Repeat this remedy twice daily.
6.) Sour Cream and Lemon to Get Rid of Freckles
Sour cream has lactic acids and this lactic acid acts as a bleaching agent. it helps lightens the skin. It is one of the best natural ways to treat freckles. So what you need to do is:
- Wash your face, then take two tablespoons of sour cream and add few drops of fresh lemons.
- Apply on your whole face and massage gently then leave it to dry and wash it off with water.
- Repeat this remedy twice or thrice in the week to get rid of freckles.
7.) Tomato Pulp with Lemon to Get Rid of Freckles
Tomato is a citrus vegetable that has acidic values and it works as cleaning agents for the skin. Tomato juice can lighten freckles and even make them disappear with the time.
- First we need to extract tomato juice in a bowl and then add few drops of lemon to it.
- Mix it and apply on your freckles let it dry.
- Wash it off with cool water and apply moisturizer.
- Repeat this procedure every day to get rid of freckles.
8.) Potato and Lemon to Get Rid of Freckles
Potato is a wonderful remedy for spots and freckles. Potato juice consists of acidic properties so what we need to do is:
- Grate the raw potatoes and extract it juice.
- Add few drops of fresh lemon juice in it and mix it up.
- Apply on affected areas and let it dry.
- Then wash it off, repeat this remedy every day once.
- It will hep you to get rid of freckles.
9.) Strawberries to Get Rid of Freckles
Apply fruit pulp on your face can also help you to get rid of freckles. It is a natural way to deal with freckles. Strawberry helps to exfoliate our skin and also lightens the dark spots.
- Mash some strawberries and add few drops of lemon.
- Then massage this mixture over our face and let it dry.
- Rinse with cool or normal water.
- Repeat this remedy twice and thrice in a week to get rid of freckles.
10.) Almond Oil to Get Rid of Freckles
Oil is one of the essential ingredients for skin and has been in use since ever. Oil helps recover our tissues. Almond oil has skin lightening effects and is used to remove blemishes. It also protects the skin from wrinkles.
- So massage your skin with warm almond oil about 10 to 15 minutes before going in bed.
- And wash it off with warm water in the morning.
- Repeat daily for two-three weeks to see the result.
11.) Castor Oil to Get Rid of Freckles
Castor oil stops the skin pigmentation and helps the freckles to fade away. This oil is loaded up with many nutrients and thus, it is very good for skin.
- Apply small amount of castor oil on your freckles before going to bed. Leave it overnight.
- In the morning wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Continue this remedy daily to get rid of freckles.
12.) Sesame Oil to Get Rid of Freckles
Oil is one of the essential ingredients for the skin. This oil helps to fight skin allergies as it consists of several vitamins.
- Apply a little amount of sesame oil on the affected areas.
- Massage it gently and leave it for twenty minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
- You can follow this remedy every day before bath of before bath. It lightens the marks.