Hickey is also known as a kiss mark or love bite. It is a bruise which is caused due to rupturing of the underlying blood vessels. The blood vessels are disrupted when the soft skin is sucked hard or kissed aggressively. Hickey or bruises of love mark are generally prominent on neck and arms. The love bite can last for 2 weeks. Though it does not cause any serious problem, but definitely invites embarrassment. If you don’t want to experience the embarrassment, then read the article to know the ways to get rid of hickey.
Remedies to Get Rid of Hickey:
- Remedies to Get Rid of Hickey:
- 1.) Ice Pack to Get Rid of Hickey
- 2.) Hot Pack to Get Rid of Hickey
- 3.) Brush to Get Rid of Hickey
- 4.) Peppermint to Get Rid of Hickey
- 5.) Rub Alcohol to Get Rid of Hickey
- 6.) Lipstick or Pen Cap to Get Rid Hickey
- 7.) Scratch Coin Over the Hickey
- 8.) Citrus Fruits to Get rid of Hickey
- 9.) Banana Peel to Treat Hickey
- 10.) Massage to Improve the Blood Circulation
1.) Ice Pack to Get Rid of Hickey
An ice pack is an instant remedy to get rid of hickey. As soon as you witness hickey in your body parts, dab an ice pack on the affected part. A clot is formed under the skin because of the ruptured blood vessels. To stop the flowing of more blood ice pack comes handy. It reduces the size and the pain caused by hard love bite.
- Take a soft towel or washcloth and place few ice cubes in it.
- Wrap the towel and use it as an ice pack at the affected part.
- Gently move the ice pack around the hickey for a while.
- Repeat this method for a quick treatment.
- You can use frozen metal spoons as well.
- Keep few metal spoon in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- After the 20 minutes use the same metal spoons to gently rub on the hickey.
- Change the spoon when the older one does not remain cold enough.
- However, do not put the ice cubes directly on the affected area. It may worsen the condition.
2.) Hot Pack to Get Rid of Hickey
You can use hot pack if the bruise does not vanish within 48 hours. Once the ruptured blood vessels are cured, it’s time to treat the blood clot formed beneath the skin. Rubbing the hot pack on the affected skin area will increase the blood flow which will eventually reduce the blood clot.
- A hot bottle will work as a hot pack to treat the hickey.
- Place a hot bottle on the hickey for 10-20 minutes.
- Gently rub it over the affected area.
- Repeat this remedy 2-3 times to get rid of hickey.
- You can also use a hot compress to treat the problem.
- Heat a water in the vessel and dip the whole towel into it.
- Let the towel soak, warm water, wring the excess water from it and then use it as a hot pack on the hickey.
- However, make sure the water is not too warm, otherwise, it will aggravate the condition.
- Moreover, use this remedy after 48 hours of hickey occurrence.
3.) Brush to Get Rid of Hickey
Hickey is prominent because of the blood clot formed beneath the skin. The blood clot vanishes when the blood is spread around, as it breaks the clot and washes away the signs of the hickey.
- Take a soft toothbrush and brush it over the hickey, in such a way that the pressure is exerted on the affected part. However, don’t be so hard with the brush.
- Brush the area for 5-10 minutes and then apply cold pack over it and repeat the procedure if needed.
- Brushing will spread the blood and eventually you will get rid of the blood clot.
- You can also use a comb instead.
4.) Peppermint to Get Rid of Hickey
Peppermint is considered a tonic for hickeys. It improves the blood circulation and prevents blood clotting. Also, it builds the ruptured blood vessels. You can use peppermint oil or a mint toothpaste to get rid of hickey.
- Apply peppermint oil or mint toothpaste gently over the hickey.
- In the beginning, you will experience a tingling sensation but it will go away as the peppermint will work on the affected area.
- After 8-10 minutes dab a clean warm washcloth over it and clean the area.
- P.S- Do not treat the hickey with peppermint for more than 2 times otherwise, it might damage the surface.
5.) Rub Alcohol to Get Rid of Hickey
Rub the affected area with alcohol after the 4-5 hours of hickey occurrence. Alcohol is known for its cooling, disinfectant properties. It soothes the affected skin and helps to get rid of hickey.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in the alcohol.
- Gently rub the alcohol over the affected skin for 5-7 minutes.
- Alcohol will dry the area, so make sure you apply sufficient moisturizer after it to beat the dryness.
- Follow this remedy for 3-5 days and you will be able to get rid of hickey.
6.) Lipstick or Pen Cap to Get Rid Hickey
Use small cylindrical objects like pen or lipstick caps to exert the pressure over the bruise. The gentle pressure will break down the blood clot and increase the blood circulation. This will help you to get rid of hickey.
- Place a lipstick or pen cap over the hickey.
- Gently press the cap into the affected skin. Make sure you don’t hurt yourself while pressing the cap.
- While pressing the cap, twist it, so that the skin also twist.
- Twist it for 10-20 minutes and then leave it.
- Repeat this remedy for 12-15 minutes to get rid of hickeys.
7.) Scratch Coin Over the Hickey
This remedy can be painful so be careful while using the coin. All you have to do is scratch the edge of the coin over the upper layer of the skin, on which hickey is visible. Scratching will stimulate the blood flow and reduces the redness over the affected area.
8.) Citrus Fruits to Get rid of Hickey
Citrus fruits like oranges, lemon or gooseberries are a rich source of Vitamin C. The nutrients plays an important role in producing the collagen. Collagen produces cells and blood vessels. If you remember we have already told you above that hickey is a result of the ruptured blood vessels, so we need a medicine to build the ruptured blood vessels and vitamin C works as a medicine.
- Drink fresh orange or gooseberries juice.
- Alternatively, you can take supplements of vitamin C to get rid of hickey.
9.) Banana Peel to Treat Hickey
Banana is enriched with cooling properties which help you to get rid of a hickey fast. So, as soon you get a hickey use banana peel to cure it.
- Cut the peel of the banana according to the size of your hickey.
- Place the peel on the affected skin and leave it for 20-30 minutes.
- Follow this remedy 2-3 times a day to heal the skin at the earnest.
10.) Massage to Improve the Blood Circulation
A gentle massage increases the blood flow which breaks the blood clot and builds the ruptured blood vessels.
- Dab a heat pad or warm towel over the affected skin.
- Once the affected area is warm, gently massage it with your fingers.
- Make sure, you exert pressure while massaging. It will improve the circulation of blood.
- You can do so by rubbing your palm first and then hold it against the affected skin area to remove a hickey