After writing, how to get rid of poison ivy?, how to get rid of scabies?, and home remedies for rashes treatment, we are now writing the beast ways to get rid of hives. Hives affect 20 to 25 percent of people in their lifetime. It is caused by many substances, which triggers it. It is usually starts as an itchy patch of skin that leads to swollen red skin. Exercise, stress, scratching can cause more problem in hives. It is also commonly known as urticaria. Read below to know about how to get rid of hives?
- Insect bites
- Weather change
- Blood transfusions
- Bacterial infections
Remedies to Get Rid of Hives:
- Remedies to Get Rid of Hives:
- 1.) Chamomile Tea to Get Rid of Hives
- 2.) Grapefruit Seed to Get Rid of Hives
- 3.) Oatmeal Bath to Get Rid of Hives
- 4.) Magnesium Hydroxide to Get Rid of Hives
- 5.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Hives
- 6.) Cornstarch to Get Rid of Flies
- 7.) Glycerine to Get Rid of Hives
- 8.) Coconut Oil to Get Rid of Hives
- 9.) Honey to Get Rid of Hives
- 10.) Turmeric Paste to Get Rid of Hives
- 11.) Ice Pack to Get Rid of Hives
- 12.) Baking soda to Get Rid of Hives
- 13.) Ginger to Get Rid of Hives
- 14.) Nettle to Treat Hives
- 15.) Mint to Get Rid of Hives
- 16.) Basil to Treat Hives
- 17.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Hives
- 18.) Tea Tree Oil to Treat Hives
- 19.) Fish Oil to Get Rid of Hives
- 20.) Green Tea to Get Rid of Hives
- 21.) Devil’s Claw to Cure Hives
- 22.) Lotions to Get Rid of Hives
1.) Chamomile Tea to Get Rid of Hives
From experts it has found that chamomile contains properties that clear the toxins present in the blood. These toxins cause hives. The immense healing power of tea and anti-bacterial properties helps in getting rid of hives.
Take one tea bag with 1 cup water and boil it for 5 minutes. Use a soft cloth or cotton to apply the mixture on affected areas of your hives affected areas. Repeat at regular intervals for better result. It helps in reducing the swelling and dehydration of the skin.
2.) Grapefruit Seed to Get Rid of Hives
There is no research has been done on how well this works, but it sure is worth giving a try. Grapefruit seed has anti-inflammatory properties which lowers down the swelling of the affected areas.
Take some amount of grapefruit seed and soak them in a cup of water for 2 hours. Strain the mixture with the help of fine cloth and apply it to your affected areas. Apply it several times a day. It will help to reduce inflammation.
3.) Oatmeal Bath to Get Rid of Hives
Oatmeal is a remedy that has been proven. It helps in soaking up the excessive oil present in the skin, which causes hives. It clears the skin, dirt and increases the moisture of the skin. It also helps in removing hives scars. It also helps to get a softer and moist skin. It considerably lowers the itch and redness of your skin.
Take 50 grams of oatmeal crush it to fine powder and mix it with the warm bath water in your tub. Bath for a week or more to get better results.
4.) Magnesium Hydroxide to Get Rid of Hives
It’s the alkaline nature which, reduces the pain caused by hives. It also clean and pacify the skin. It is easily available in the market. It removes the dead skin cells from the hives and its nearby regions. It promotes the growth of new cells.
Apply some magnesia onto the affected areas of your body and let it for some time until it gets dry before washing off.
5.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Hives
Aloe Vera has chemicals to boost the circulation in blood vessels in the skin, as well as kill bacteria. Aloe Vera has property to close the pores through which fluid discharge by contraction of blood vessels. It makes the skin smooth and soft and helps in removing infection caused by fungus. All these properties of Aloe Vera are helpful in getting rid of hives fast.
Buy, the Aloe Vera paste from the market without any composition apply to the affected areas of your chest. If possible apply the natural gel of leaf cut the leaf take out the thick gel with your fingers and apply directly.
6.) Cornstarch to Get Rid of Flies
Research has shown that cornstarch is an expert in soothing rashes and itch. Cornstarch composition lowers the inflammation an itchiness of the skin. It is a safe and easy to implement. Add a cup of cornstarch to your tub with some baking soda in it. Rest in it for half an hour it will help you to get rid of hives. Bacteria present on your skin will also get killed.
7.) Glycerine to Get Rid of Hives
Glycerin or glycerol, is the major ingredient of soap and other moisturizer. There are two types of glycerine regular and vegetable glycerin. Regular is made from animal fats, and is not vegetable glycerin quality. Vegetable glycerin comes from coconut and palm oil. Vegetable glycerin is 99% pure. This glycerine helps in providing moisture to dry skin during hives. It fills the gap in dry and dehydrated skin. When dissolved in water , it makes ideal for moisturizing agent.
Take a spray bottle, add vegetable glycerine and filter water mixture into it. Use 2-2 ratio of glycerin and water, and give it a shake. Spray on the affected area of your body. You can use this mixture regularly after 3 to 4 hours during the day.
8.) Coconut Oil to Get Rid of Hives
Coconut oil is a good example of hydrating agent. Coconut oil has properties to fight bacteria and heal the inflammation, which help in lowering hives. Coconut oil is easily available in the market.
Take a few drops of coconut oil on a cotton swab or on your fingertips to apply on the affected area before going to sleep. Rinse your body parts where hives are present softly in the morning. Repeat the process regularly until results are seen.
9.) Honey to Get Rid of Hives
Honey has the property to heal the symptoms of hives. Honey is a natural product that is in use for centuries because of its anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory properties. It cures the hives in fast way of healing the ruptured skin and bringing moisture to skin.
Apply a thin layer of honey to the affected area. Cover it with a bandage so that honey, don’t rub on anything. Leave the bandage for 15-20 minutes, and then wash off with cold water. Apply the honey at least 3 times in the day.
10.) Turmeric Paste to Get Rid of Hives
Turmeric is an integral part of Ayurveda and Ayurvedic medicines. It is used for a variety of health diseases including skin problems. Turmeric contains Curcumin that has anti-septic and anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric can be used on burns also; it works by dehydrating the pores.
Take a bowl, add 2 tablespoon of turmeric powder and mix it with water to make a paste. Apply this paste to your face and neck areas affected by hives. Leave it for one hour or the whole night. Wash it with water next morning and feel the difference.
11.) Ice Pack to Get Rid of Hives
Most skin allergies can be cured using ice packs. It is the best natural remedy for hives. Ice pack helps to block the further release of histamine and shrink the blood vessels. This in turn lowers the swelling, inflammation and itching.
Cover some ice cubes in a muslin cloth or towel. Apply it over the affected skin for 15 minutes at a time, two to three times a day. You can also go for a shower or cool bath as required to lower the skin inflamed by hives.
12.) Baking soda to Get Rid of Hives
Baking soda is another known remedy for hives. Its helps to reduce inflammation as well as itching because of its anti-inflammatory properties. In bathtub add half cup of baking soda filled with warm water. Soak your body in this water for 10 to 20 minutes. You can also, add two spoons of baking soda in a bowl. Pour enough water to make a thick paste. Apply the paste on the hive area. Wait for a few minutes before cleaning it off with warm water.
13.) Ginger to Get Rid of Hives
This is one of the best home remedies to get rid of hives. This wonder drug is known to posses anti-inflammatory and antihistamine properties which make it an amazing choice for the treatment of hives. It targets the enzymes and genes that trigger inflammation. This in turn minimizes itching, improves blood circulation in the skin and reduces swelling. Check out the procedure given below to treat hives.
- Take a piece of fresh ginger root and peel it off.
- Keep it in the refrigerator to add some cooling effect.
- Dab the juice of ginger on the hive affected area.
- Repeat this 3 to 4 times in a day to reduce inflammation.
- Alternatively, drink a cup of ginger tea on a regular basis or simply chew ginger several times a day.
- In three quarters cup of vinegar, add one tablespoon of ginger root. Make sure it is fresh.
- Mix one-quarter cup of brown sugar and boil all these ingredients together.
- Mix a little amount of warm water in this solution and stir well.
- Dab this mixture on the inflamed skin.
- Repeat this treatment several times in a day to treat hives.
14.) Nettle to Treat Hives
This is one of the most effective home remedies for the treatment of hives. This is a herb that contains antihistamine, astringent and anti-inflammatory properties that gives quick relief from itching, swelling and inflammation that is caused because of hives. Check out the procedure given below to get rid of hives.
- In a cup of hot water, soak one tablespoon of dried nettle leaf.
- Cover it and let it steep for the next 15 to 20 minutes.
- Strain this tea and add a small amount of honey in it for taste.
- Drink it atleast thrice a day until you see improvement in your condition.
- Alternatively, you can take nettle capsules on a regular basis. But before taking nettle capsules, consult with your doctor.
15.) Mint to Get Rid of Hives
This is one of the best herbal remedies to get rid of hives. The cooling effect of mint makes it an effective choice for the treatment of hives. The antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties of mint minimize the burning sensation and itching that is caused because of hives. Check out the procedure given below to get desirable results.
- In one cup of water, pour two teaspoons of sugar.
- Add one teaspoon of crushed mint leave and bring the solution to a boil.
- Strain this water and place it in the refrigerator for atleast half an hour.
- Wash the hive affected area with this water to treat the irritated and inflamed skin.
- Repeat this procedure several times in a day to get rid of hives completely.
- In a cup of water boil two teaspoons of sugar and one teaspoon of crushed mint leaves.
- After 5 to 10 minutes, strain the liquid and leave it to cool down.
- Drink this mint tea twice or thrice a day until you see improvement in your condition.
16.) Basil to Treat Hives
This is one of the excellent herbal remedies for the treatment of hives. Basil is a natural antihistamine that effectively treats hives. It gives quick relief from the itching and inflammation that is caused because of hives. Check out the procedure given below to get efficient results.
- Take a handful of fresh basil leaves and crush them to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the hive affected area.
- Let it dry on its own naturally.
- Afterwards, wash your skin with lukewarm water.
- In a jar of hot water put one tablespoon of dried basil leaves.
- Cover the jar with a lid and leave it to cool down.
- Use a cotton cloth to apply this mixture on the inflamed and irritated skin.
- Do this several times in a day to treat hives.
17.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Hives
This is one of the excellent remedies to get rid of hives. The antihistamine properties of apple cider vinegar give you quick relief from inflammation and also make the body’s immune system strong. It is a perfect option for the overall health of the skin. Check out the procedure given below for the treatment of hives.
- Fill your bathtub with warm water. Mix two cups of apple cider vinegar in it. Immerge yourself in this water for about 15 to 20 minutes. Do this once daily to treat hives.
- In one glass of water, mix two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar. Squeeze lemon juice and add honey in it. Drink this liquid thrice a day until your condition improves completely.
- Dilute apple cider vinegar with water and wash the inflamed skin with this water. Do this two to three times in a day to get rid of hives completely.
18.) Tea Tree Oil to Treat Hives
Tea tree oil possesses anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that make it a wonderful remedy for the treatment of hives. It prevents infection, minimizes swelling and soothes the skin. Check out the procedure given below to get rid of hives completely.
- Use a cotton ball to apply tea tree oil directly on the hives affected area.
- Cover the area with a bandage and leave for few hours.
- If the area is large, then in a cup of water mix 15 to 20 drops of tea tree oil. Soak a cloth in this water and place it on the affected areas of the skin.
- Repeat this treatment 3 to 4 times a day until the hives are gone completely.
19.) Fish Oil to Get Rid of Hives
This is one of the excellent remedies to get rid of hives. The anti-inflammatory properties of fish oil make it an amazing remedy for hives. Fish oil contains fatty acids that help to treat hives. You can include tuna, salmon and cold water fish in your daily diet. Check out the procedure given below until your conditions improve completely.
- Eat 2 to 3 fish oil capsules every day to treat hives.
- Consume it on a regular basis until your get relief from the inflammation and itching caused by hives.
20.) Green Tea to Get Rid of Hives
This is one of the best herbal remedies to get rid of hives completely. Green tea contains polyphenols that minimizes the rashes, itching and inflammation that is caused by hives. The antihistamine and antioxidant properties of green tea help to eradicate this problem from root. Check out the procedure given below to cure hives.
- In a cup of water, steep a few green tea bags in it.
- After a few minutes, remove the green tea bags and add half teaspoon of honey in it.
- Drink this water while it is still warm.
- Have this green tea two to three times in a day to treat hives completely.
21.) Devil’s Claw to Cure Hives
It is one of the amazing options to treat allergic options. Devil’s claw contains an ingredient called harpagoside that helps to get rid of hives. The anti-inflammatory properties of Devil’s claw make it a perfect option for hives. All you need to do is take 500mg of devil’s claw capsules to get rid of symptoms of hives.
22.) Lotions to Get Rid of Hives
This is one of the best methods to get rid of hives. The astringent properties present in calamine lotion helps to treat the symptoms of hives. You can even use witch hazel lotion for hives. It has the presence of tannins and astringent properties that reduces the inflammation and irritation caused by hives. All you need to do is apply any of these lotion on the affected area regularly.