After writing, how to get rid of stretch marks?, how to get rid of acne scars?, and how to remove pimple marks?, we are now writing best remedies to get rid of keloid scars. Scars have for long been a symbol of pain, misery and for warriors even manliness. They may be a tattoo for many, the reality is that they spoil your natural beauty completely. There are different kinds of scars, one that is a result of a skin condition is known as the keloid scars. The keloid scar looks like an evil parasite that has crept inside your skin. They not only look ugly, but can grow up to become worse in many cases. These scars are due to tissue damage. They are mostly larger than the original wound. In this article, we are presenting best natural and home remedies to get rid of keloid scars. These remedies will help you to get rid of keloid scars earliest and easily at home.
Remedies to Get Rid of Keloid Scars:
1.) Use The Sandalwood
Sandalwood has always been ignored as a remedy to cure skin problems. The reality is, that it is more effective in treating skin conditions compared to your famous products. It is a great option for treating keloid scars. To use it, just follow the simple steps below:
- Mix it with rose water, dark gram to make a paste. Verify that you utilize an equivalent measure of every element for the paste. Apply, the paste to the keloid scar area.
- Leave it overnight and wash it off in the morning. Continue the treatment on a regular basis for visible results.
2.) Use The Lemon Power
Lemons are loaded with supplements that do wonders for the human body. One more reason for it to be an effective treatment is by disposing of keloids. The juice of lemon works successfully to make them vanish. To use this solution, just follow the simple steps below:
- Crush a lemon and utilize the juice to apply directly on the keloid scar.
- Let it rest there for 60 minutes before washing it with water.
- Continue the treatment till you see visible results.
3.) Baking Soda Will Help
Baking soda has been mentioned numerous times on this website for its healing properties. To treat keloid scars using your good old baking soda, just follow the simple steps below:
- Mix some baking soda with some hydrogen peroxide or honey to make a paste.
- Apply, the paste on the affected area and let it remain there for some time.
- Make sure to do this regularly for relief.
4.) Apply The Honey
All of us love honey, I mean who doesn’t love the orgasmic sensation of sweet honey kissing your tongue and lips. It gives us immense happiness to inform you that it is effective for treating keloid scar as well. Follow the simple steps below:
- Take your everyday fresh organic honey and apply it directly on the scars.
- Keep it there for 15 – 20 minutes. Wash it with water.
- Do this regularly for instant relief.
5.) Use The Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera is a superb remedy that works for a large number of skin conditions than you could ever imagine. To use it follow the simple steps below:
- Mash a few aloe vera leaves to get its gel.
- You could also buy the gel available at the market.
- Apply, the gel on the scar and massage with it.
- Do this regularly for visible results.
6.) Apply Vitamin E Oil
If time is not an issue for you then it is one of the finest remedies to get rid of Keloid scar. All you have to do is to apply the oil to the keloid scar a few times each day. Do this regularly for visible results.
7.) Use Lavender Oil
It is one of the essential oils when it comes to skin healing. Our first choice for disposing of a keloid scar is lavender oil. You can apply it by massaging directly onto the keloid scars. Make sure to do it on a regular basis without a miss. In the end when it heals your skin completely, you will have that beautiful skin again.
8.) Apply Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil never disappoints on treating skin disorders. Such is the power of this magnificent oil. The only problem with it being, that it is strong in nature compared to other ones. It is advised to test it on your skin before beginning the treatment. If it is good, all you have to do is to apply on keloid scars with a cotton ball. Do this once in the morning and once at night.
9.) Take Help From Garlic to
Garlic is another remedy for you to get rid of keloid scars. To use it all you have to do:
- Take a couple of cloves of garlic and smash them to form a paste.
- Apply, the paste on the scar. Wait for 15 – 20 minutes.
- The antibacterial properties will diminish the scars.
- It will show its results soon and you will be left with a scar free skin.
10.) Make Use of Aspirin
This is one of the best ways to get rid of keloid scars. No doubt that aspirin is an amazing medicine for fever, inflammation and headache but at the same time it is an excellent choice for keloid scar. It helps in reducing the size of the keloids. Aspirin is also a wonderful remedy to fight skin inflammation. Follow the instructions given below to treat keloid scar.
- Crush 3 to 4 tablets of aspirin to make a fine powder.
- Add a little water to make a thick paste.
- Cover the keloid scar with this paste and massage it a little.
- Wait for a few minutes and then wash it off with clean water.
- Massage some coconut oil or olive oil on the affected area to reduce irritation.
- Repeat this remedy 2 times a day to get best results.
11.) Jojoba Oil to Treat Keloid Scar
The skin regenerating abilities of jojoba oil helps to cure keloid scar. It is a wonderful oil to minimize the size of the keloid scar. It is also used to treat baldness caused by fungal infections. Follow the instructions given below to get desired results.
- Wash the keloid scar with water and pat the skin dry.
- Apply a few drops of jojoba oil on the keloid scar.
- Massage the particular area in circular motions for a few minutes.
- Make sure that you don’t apply too much pressure on the bumps.
- Leave it on the skin for atleast 1 hour. The skin will absorb the fatty acids present in it.
- Repeat this treatment thrice a day to get rid of keloid scar.
12.) Essential Oil to Remove Keloid Scar
The soothing and healing properties of essential oils help to treat keloid scar. Essential oils are known for its therapeutic properties. Coconut oil, olive oil and oregano oil are some of the good essential oils. Follow the instructions given below to eliminate keloid scar.
- Wash the keloid scar with lukewarm water to make it a little soft.
- Pat the skin dry and pour some drops of essential oil on the keloid scar.
- Now, massage gently in circular motions for a few minutes.
- Let your skin absorb the oil for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Repeat this method two times a day for quick healing.
13.) Onion Juice to Get Rid of Keloid Scars
This is one of the most effective natural remedies to eliminate keloid scar. Onion juice minimizes the appearance of keloid scar and promotes quick healing. It helps to treat the skin redness, pain, itchiness, and hardness on the top of the scar. Onion juice also reduces the color of the scar. Follow the instructions given below to get promising results.
- Peel off the brown layer of two onions. Grind the onion and extract its juice.
- Soak a cotton ball in this freshly extracted juice. Cover the top of your keloid scar with this onion juice. Rinse it off with water after 2 hours.
- Pat your skin dry and apply a good moisturizer. You can even apply some coconut oil on the scar. Repeat this remedy twice a day for quick healing.
14.) Witch Hazel to Eliminate Keloid Scar
Witch hazel contains astringent properties, which help to reduce the appearance of the keloid scar. It shrinks the scar and prevents scarring. It is wonderful remedy for keloid scars on the nose. Follow the instructions given below to remove keloid scar fast.
- Clean the affected area with a mild soap and lukewarm water.
- Massage some witch hazel on the keloid scar for a couple of minutes.
- Allow it to dry on its own. The skin will absorb it.
- Repeat this remedy thrice a day to get rid of keloid scar.
15.) Fuller’s Earth to Treat Keloid Scar
This is one of the best natural remedies to treat keloid scar. It is an excellent choice to reduce the appearance of the keloid scar and prevent it from scarring. Follow the instructions given below to treat keloid scar.
- In one tablespoon of fuller’s earth, mix one teaspoon of rose water. Add one teaspoon of lemon juice and make a paste. Massage this paste gently on the keloid scar for a few minutes.
- Let the layer of the paste dry completely. Now, apply another layer on the dried layer. Let it sit on the scar for about 15 to 20 minutes. Wash the area with clear water.
- Repeat this method on a regular basis to get noticeable results.
16.) Grapefruit Seed Extract to Eliminate Keloid Scar
This is one of the best remedies to remove keloid scar. The antioxidants and vitamin C loaded in grapefruit seed extract makes it an amazing remedy for keloid scars. Vitamin C exfoliates the skin and reduces the appearance of the keloid scar. Follow the instructions given below to get rid of keloid scar.
- In one tablespoon of water, mix 10 drops of grapefruit seed extract. Dip a Q-tip in this water.
- Now, apply it on the keloid scar. Let it sit on the skin for atleast 30 minutes.
- Clean the particular area with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this treatment two times a day for 2 weeks to get significant results.
17.) Frankincense to Treat Keloid Scar
Indian frankincense is a product of a plant called Boswellia Serrata. The anti-inflammatory properties present in frankincense reduce the appearance of the scar and shrinks the size of the keloids. Follow the instructions given below to get rid of keloid scar.
- In one tablespoon of water, mix 5 to 6 drops of frankincense extract. Dip a Q-tip in this liquid.
- Apply it one the keloid scar. Allow it to sit on the skin for atleast 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash the area with lukewarm water and massage some olive oil on the skin.
- Repeat this method several times a day for quick healing.
18.) Gooseberry to Get Rid of Keloid Scar
This is one of the most effective natural remedies to get rid of a keloid scar. The combination of gooseberry and honey is excellent to reduce the size of the keloid scar. Follow the instructions given below to eliminate keloid scar.
- Take 1/8 cup of gooseberries and grind it to make a paste. Add one tablespoon of honey in it.
- Apply this paste directly on the keloid scar. Massage the area gently for a couple of minutes.
- Let it sit on the skin for about 60 minutes. Rinse it off with cool water.
- Repeat this treatment thrice a day to treat keloid scar.
19.) Salt Solution to Get Rid of Keloid Scar
This is one of the best ways to reduce the appearance and size of the keloid scar. For this method, you just need some Epsom salt. Follow the instructions given below to remove keloid scar.
- Wash the keloids with normal water. In 2 cups of warm water, add one fourth teaspoon of Epsom salt.
- Soak a cotton ball in this solution and keep it on the keloid scar. If possible, you can soak this affected area directly in this water.
- Once the cotton ball dries, soak it again in water and place it on the scar. Let it stay for a few minutes. Rinse the area with normal water.
- Repeat this remedy twice a day to get desired results.
20.) Steroid Injections to Get Rid of Keloid Scar
The idea of an injection frets many, but if your scars are severe then using this treatment make sense. This is the most widely recognized type of keloid treatment. Intake of steroids diminish the keloid scar. The shots are taken regularly at interims of around four to six weeks.
Other Quick and Useful Tips:
- Don’t scratch the keloids as it can make the condition worse.
- Deficiency of zinc leads to formation of keloids. Include zinc content in your daily diet.
- Apply petroleum jelly when you see a new keloid forming. This will control its growth.
- If there is a smelly discharge oozing out of the keloid, consult a doctor.
- If there is a keloid on the nose piercing, then avoid wearing nose jewellery.
- Apply calendula cream twice a day to promote fast healing.
- Avoid putting tattoo on your body.
- Include fatty acids in your daily diet.
- Massage your skin with a good moisturizer such as olive oil or coconut oil.
- Exfoliate your skin twice in a week to remove the dead skin cells.