Want to get rid of oily skin naturally? If yes, this article will help you with the purpose. Overproduction of oil by skin pores leads to oily skin. Oily skin can lead to adverse skin problems as well. It causes pimples, acne, blackheads, whiteheads etc. If you have an oily skin, then that can be a problem for you. It makes the skin look thicker, dull and darkens the complexion also. Go through the article and get to know more about oily skin and the ways to get rid of it.
Causes of Oily Skin:
If you think that your oily skin is becoming a curse for you and there is just one question that always pops up in your mind, then here are the reasons that cause skin. It’s time to get the answer of the question that why only you are gifted with oily skin. Causes because of which one has oily skin are:
Genetics – Genetics is the very first reason for your oily skin. If either of your parents has oily skin, then that gets transferred to you by them as it is in your genes.
Hormonal Changes – Hormonal changes in women makes the skin oily. It happens at the age of puberty or during pregnancy. It triggers the sebaceous glands, that are responsible for producing oil in the body.
Medication – Medication also effects skin and makes it oily. Some medication leads to dehydration, which leads to the production of oil in the body, as the body tries to compensate the lost moisture.
Skin products – Some skin products, when overused, also make the skin turn oily.
Change in Season – Change in season also makes the skin oily. In the summers, when there is heat and humidity, the skin becomes oily and in winters, it becomes dry.
Stress – Emotions like stress also makes the skin look oily because with stress comes a change in hormone.
Diet – If you introduce more sweets in your diet, then it makes the skin oily.
Methods to Get Rid of the Oily Skin Naturally:
Really irritated with the oily skin? You need not worry. Now you can easily get oil free flawless skin. We are going to discuss some of the best remedies for oily skin. Remedies that are used to get rid of the oily skin are:
1.) Cucumber to Get Rid of Oily Skin
Cucumber works fantastically in getting rid of oily skin. It has the watery contents that extract the oil from the skin. You can apply the cucumber directly on your face and it you will get fairer dry skin. What you have to do is:
- Take a cucumber and cut it into thick slices.
- Now apply the slices on the face and go to bed.
- In the morning, wash it off with lukewarm water.
2.) Steam to Get Rid of Oily Skin
Steaming is much healthier for the skin as it removes the oil and dirt. Take a steam for fifteen days and you get rid of oil from your face. Procedure to use steam:
- Take a bowl of water and boil it for some time.
- Now take your face over the bowl.
- Drape your head with a towel.
3.) Use Egg White to Get Rid of Oily Skin
In order to get rid of oily skin, use egg white that works efficiently. Egg white has vitamin A which is good at fighting oily skin, and it also brings a glow to the skin. What you can do is apply it directly on the face and leave for half an hour and wash it off with lukewarm water, or:
- Take egg white of one egg.
- Beat it nicely and add half a lemon juice to it.
- Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Wash it with lukewarm water.
4.) Lemon to Get Rid of Oily Skin
Lemon works very powerfully in getting rid of the oily skin. You can make a paste to extract the qualities of lemon. To make a paste:
- Take one tablespoon of lemon and half tablespoon of honey to it.
- Mix one tablespoon of milk and make a paste.
- Apply the paste on your face and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Wash it with lukewarm water.
- Do it daily for best results.
5.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Oily Skin
Treat your oily skin from inside. Have apple cider vinegar and you get rid of the oily skin internally. Apple cider vinegar balances the hormones that produce oil in the body. What you can do is:
- Take a glass of distilled water.
- Add one tsp of apple cider vinegar to it and mix it well.
- Drink the water every night before going to bed.
6.) Milk to Get Rid of Oily Skin
Though milk has the moisturizing content, still it helps in removing extra oil from the face. It also helps you get milky white skin. Using it on a regular basis will help eliminate the oil and will also bring a glow to the skin. Follow the given method to use it:
- Take two tablespoons of milk.
- Add three drops of lavender oil to it.
- Mix it well and apply it on the skin using a cotton swap.
- Massage your face for some time and go to sleep.
- In the morning, wash it with lukewarm water.
- Repeat it daily for the results.
7.) Yogurt to Get Rid of Oily Skin
Yogurt contains lactic acid that takes the oil away from the skin. You can apply it daily for 15 minutes and wash it with lukewarm water. Or,
- Take equal amount (1 tbsp) of yogurt and finely grounded oats and mix them well.
- Add one tsp of honey.
- Now, apply the mixture on the face.
- Allow it to dry naturally for 15 minutes.
- Wash it with lukewarm water.
8.) Gram Flour to Get Rid of Oily Skin
Gram flour is good at extracting oil from the face. It removes the oil from your face and makes it less greasy. You can apply it daily to get the oil free skin. Use it in the following way:
- Take one tablespoon of gram flour and add some rose water to it.
- Mix it well to make a paste.
- Apply it on the face and allow it to dry for some time.
- Now wash your face with cold water.
9.) Apples to Get Rid of Oily Skin
Apple is a great exfoliating agent. It is a very successful element in evicting oil from the skin. Mix it with yogurt and lemon and get the oil free skin.
- Take one apple and great it well.
- Now add 1 tbsp of yogurt and mix a half lemon juice.
- Mix it well and apply it on the face.
- Leave it for some time and wash it with cool water.
10.) Honey to Get Rid of Oily Skin
Honey is also good at removing oil from the face. Apply it on the face for 15 minutes and wash it with water. It will give you positive results. Alternatively,
- Take 1 tbsp of honey and add a few drops of almond oil to it.
- Mix it well and apply it on face.
- Leave it for some time and then wash it with water.
11.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Oily Skin
Aloe Vera is a key home remedy for many problems. It is very efficient with oily skin also. It removes the oil from the face and lightens the complexion. If you have a plant, then it’s great. Follow the steps:
- Take an Aloe Vera leaf and cut it into two.
- Extract the gel and apply it on the face.
- Leave it for some time and wash with cool water.
- Do it twice a day.
12.) Tomato to Get Rid of Oily Skin
Tomato is easily available at home and it is a very helpful remedy when it come to get rid of oily skin. use it in the following way:
- Cut the tomato into two and rub the half on the face.
- Allow it to dry for 15 minutes.
- Wash it with cold water.
- Do it daily for the results.
13.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Oily Skin
Baking soda is also a great agent which helps in removing the oil from the face. It is easy to use. Follow the simple method to use:
- Take 1 tbsp of baking soda.
- Add water and make a fine paste.
- Apply the paste on the face and allow it to dry.
- Wash your face with water.
14.) Papaya to Get Rid of Oily Skin
Rich in Vitamin A, papaya is good at removing dead cells from the skin. It also helps in removing the oil from the face. Here is the way you can do it:
- Take half papaya and grate it.
- Mash the grated papaya to a paste.
- Apply it on the face as a natural pack.
15.) Vinegar to Get Rid of Oily Skin
A key remedy for many of the problems, vinegar is great for skin as well. Vinegar has anti-septic contents and is good at removing the oil from the skin. What you have to do is:
- Prepare a solution by mixing equal amounts of vinegar and water.
- Use it to wash your face.
- Use it whenever you have to wash your face.
Take Some Tips:
- Go for a healthy diet. Avoid sweets and oily food.
- Drink three liters of water every day. It keeps your body hydrated.
- Exercise daily for 30 minutes.
- Avoid taking stress. Use medication and yoga for the purpose.
- Remove make up before going to sleep.