Razor burns are caused because of shaving unwanted hair. Try to keep in your mind that you are using blade to remove your unwanted hair and you must be careful about the sensitivity of your skin. Razor burns lead to skin irritation and burning sensation of the area that has been shaved. Razor burns are faced by both men and women. Men who shave their faces and women who shave their legs and arms have experienced razor burns. Reading this article you will get to know how to get rid of razor burns?
Causes of Razor Burns:
- Dull Blade
- Using Hard Soap
- Shaving Dry
- Dry Skin
Symptoms of Razor Burns:
Remedies to Get Rid of Razor Burns:
1.) Cucumber Puree to Get Rid of Razor Burns
Cucumber provides cooling sensation to the burning skin caused by razor burn. Cucumber also lowers down the inflammation of the skin due to its anti-inflammatory properties. It is also rich in vitamins K and C which is good for relieving itchiness after shaving.
- Take fresh cucumber crush it into a puree.
- Place it in refrigerator for an hour.
- Apply puree to your razor burn and let it rest for half an hour.
- Rinse it off with cold water. Follow it after regular intervals for a few days.
2.) Aspirin Paste to Get Rid of Razor Burns
To heal razor burns fast, then use of aspirin paste will be helpful. Aspirin has powerful anti-inflammatory properties that will lower down the swelling and redness of the skin.
- Make a paste by crushing 2 aspirin in a small amount of lukewarm water.
- Apply the paste on your razor burns.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water.
3.) Cold Compress to Get Rid of Razor Burns
Cold compress is one of the fastest way to get rid of razor burns. Cold compress helps to get rid of redness, inflammation and itchy rash.
- Take some ice cubes and a piece of cloth.
- Place ice cubes in the cloth and tie it.
- Compress your razor burns with it for 5 minutes.
- Follow this two times in a day for a week.
4.) Aloe Vera Gel to Get Rid of Razor Burns
Aloe Vera is exceptional for treating a number of skin disorders including razor burns. It heals the rashes and redness caused by razor burns in a fast manner and soothes the skin by lowering inflammation. It is anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and anti-fungal in nature.
- Apply Aloe Vera gel on the razor burns.
- Rest the gel for 15 minutes, and then rinse it off.
- Applying fresh gel extracted from the Aloe Vera leaf is more beneficial.
5.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Razor Burns
Apple cider vinegar is an excellent home remedy to treat razor burns, pimples or other skin problems. It has anti-inflammatory properties which reduce swelling of the skin caused by razor burns. Dilute apple cider vinegar with water as it sometimes causes irritation.
- Apply some apple cider vinegar with help of cotton swab on your affected areas.
- Rest it for a few minutes and then remove the cotton swab.
- Do this 3 to 4 times a day until the rashes disappear.
6.) Tea Bags to Get Rid of Razor Burns
Tea bags are used for getting relief from sunburn, whether it will be beneficial for razor burn is not a surety. Since giving it a try will be helpful from my personal experience.
- Just soak tea bag in warm water for 1 minute.
- Now, put it in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Now gently rub it on your razor burns for a few minutes.
- Follow this until you get relief.
7.) Oatmeal Paste to Get Rid of Razor Burns
Oatmeal helps to get rid of inflammation and itching caused by razor burns. Oatmeal is one of the best remedies for treating razor burns as it is cheap and easily available. It is excellent for every type of rashes whether it is eczema, sunburn and allergies.
- Finely ground 100 gm of oatmeal into fine powder.
- Mix powder with honey and yogurt to form a paste.
- Apply it to razor burns and rest it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with cold water.
8.) Petroleum Jelly to Get Rid of Razor Burns
In research it has been proved that petroleum jelly like Vaseline is helpful in getting rid of itching razor burn. Petroleum jelly provides moisture to skin and heals the cuts.
- Clean your razor burn with a cloth.
- Apply a small amount of petroleum jelly.
- Leave it for 15 minutes. There is no need to rinse it off just remove extra jelly by a piece of cloth.
9.) Olive Oil to Get Rid of Razor Burns
Olive oil helps in providing moisture to the skin lost due to rashes caused by razor burns. It heals and make skin smooth as it is rich in vitamin E and antioxidants. It reduces itching and redness of the skin too.
- Rub a few drops of extra virgin olive oil or a combination of olive oil and honey on your rash. Gently massage for few minutes two times a day.
- You can also add a pinch of turmeric powder to some olive oil and apply to your rash.
10.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Razor Burns
Baking soda dries out the skin rashes. It also soothes the skin by providing relief to itching and inflammation. It has other properties like antiseptic and anti-inflammatory which helps in healing the rashes caused by razor burns.
- Take half cup of water, add baking soda to make a paste.
- Apply this paste to your razor burns affected area for 15 minutes.
- Wash off with water and apply this after regular intervals.
- Follow the procedure for a few days until razor burns disappear.
11.) Honey to Get Rid of Razor Burns
Honey is known for its antibacterial properties, it can also be used to treat razor burn in a fast manner. It can lower the inflammation and swelling, as well as keep the skin hydrated. Plus, honey can stop the area from becoming infected.
- Apply some thin layer of honey directly on the itchy skin. Let it dry naturally and wash it off with cold water.
- You can also mix together half teaspoon of honey and one spoon of greek yogurt.
- Apply this paste on the razor burns area, let it to rest for ten minutes, and then clean it off with lukewarm water thoroughly.
12.) Coconut Sugar Scrub to Get Rid of Razor Burns
A great remedy to deal with razor burns is coconut sugar scrub. If you have keratosis pilaris or you occasionally get razor or waxing bumps after hair removal, then this is a great way to soothe the skin and its aroma is quite amazing.
- You just have to add a tablespoon of regular sugar with one tablespoon of brown sugar, two large tablespoons of coconut oil and one tablespoon of organic honey.
- Leave it on for twenty minutes before cleaning it off with lukewarm water.
You can also use coconut oil by making a lotion from it and apply it to clear up razor burns. You just have to apply it onto the burns and let it absorb in. Its aroma is quite heavenly and it does a fine job at helping to clear up dry skin, eczema and other skin problems.