In this article, you will get to know the ways to get rid of ringworm. Ringworm is a fungal skin infection. It is a very common disease. Most of the people think that it is due to a worm, but it is not due to a worm. It is due to a fungus called tinea. This fungus grows on your skin. It causes red patches in ring form on your skin. Many people are suffering from this disease, but it is common in children. It occurs in specific climates like in moist and warm climate. Ringworm is transmittable disease. It can transmit from one person to another person by sharing cloths, combs, brushes and some other personal things. There are some creams available in the market that will help you to treat ringworm. There are also home remedies and natural remedies to cure ringworm.
Types of Ringworm (Tinea):
Here we will discuss different types of ringworm.
- Tinea Capitis- This type of ringworm mostly affects childhood or adolescence. This disease may spread in schools and in nearby your areas where the children plays. This disease affects the scalp scaling which is associated with bald spots.
- Tinea Corporis- This type of disease often produces the round spots of classic ringworm. These round spots have an active outer border. These active outer borders grow slowly.
- Tinea Barbae- This type of disease occurs in the bearded area like on the face and neck. It causes itching, hair fall and swelling on that area. It often occurs when men go to the barber for a shave. And this tinea barbae also known as barber’s itch.
- Tinea Faciei- This type of ringworm occurs on the face except bearded area. This ringworm is rarely in a ring shape on the face. It causes scaly and red patches.
- Tinea Manus- This type of ringworm includes the hands, particularly the spaces between the fingers and the palms. It is also called tinea manuum.
Causes of Ringworm:
Fungus is the main cause of ringworm that grows on the skin. This fungus comes out in the form of a ring.
- Human to Human Contact- When the infected person comes in contact with the other person, then that person is also affected by this disease. So always keep yourself away from an infected person.
- Animal to Human- Animals like dogs, cats, puppies and kittens are also carrying this disease. So don’t come in contact with infected animals. Otherwise, you will definitely suffer.
- Object to Human- Ringworm may spread when a person comes in contact with the clothing, hairbrushes, towels and some other personal things and that thing has already touched by an infected person.
Symptoms of Ringworm:
- A ring like red rashes or red patches on the legs, hands, neck, arms and face.
- Sometimes Itching, swelling and scaling occurs.
- Dry hair and hair fall in patches.
Best Remedies to Get Rid of Ringworm:
Here is the most effective treatment to get rid of ringworm.
1) Anti-Fungal Creams and Ointments to Treat Ringworm
You can use anti- fungal creams to treat ringworm. Phytozine is the best anti-fungal cream to get rid of ringworm. It gives the immediate results to eliminate ringworm. It is very easy to use this cream. Just apply this cream on your affected area.
2) Prescribed Treatments by Dermatologist
Medications like oxiconazole, terbinafine, griseofulvin, miconazole etc. are prescribed by the dermatologist. They come in many forms like in gels, capsules, sprays, pills and creams. These medications help to prevent fungus from multiplying and growing. It takes at least 2 weeks to give the best results.
3) Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Ringworm Fast
Apple cider vinegar has anti-fungal properties. Apple cider vinegar is very helpful to treat ringworm. To use apple cider vinegar, you need to check your skin is sensitive or not. In first use if it burns your skin a lot, then don’t use it. If it does not burn your skin, then you can use it.
Steps to Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Remove Ringworm:
- First clean your ringworm before applying it.
- Then dab a cotton ball and apply it on your ringworm rashes.
- Repeat this remedy 3 to 4 times in a day to get relief from the ringworm.
4) Use Garlic to Get Rid of Ringworm Naturally
Garlic is one of the best anti-fungal food for curing many diseases. That’s why it will help to cure ringworm also.
Steps to Use Garlic to Cure Ringworm Fast & Naturally:
- Take a garlic clove and peel it.
- Then crush it well.
- Apply it on your ringworm.
- Use band-aid to protect it.
5) Use Turmeric Powder for the Removal of Ringworm
Turmeric is the traditional treatment to treat many diseases. It has anti-inflammatory, anti- fungal and anti- septic properties that help to get relief from ringworm naturally.
Steps to Use Turmeric to Treat Ringworm Naturally:
- Take some turmeric powder and water.
- Then mix them to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on your affected area.
- Leave it for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then wash it off with warm water. You will see the best results.
6) Use Indian Lilac to Get Rid of Ringworm Naturally
Indian lilac is an Ayurvedic treatment for many skin problems. It is anti- bacterial and anti- fungal herb. The leaves of lilac can be chewed though bitter, but it is very effective for overall health. You can treat ringworm by using indian lilac powder or lilac oil.
Steps to Use Indian Lilac to Remove Ringworm Naturally:
- Take a half tablespoon of lilac powder.
- Then combine it with water to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on your ringworm 1 to 2 times in a day.
- You can also use lilac oil. This is the best home remedy to get rid of ringworm.
7) Coconut Oil for Treating Ringworm Fast
Coconut oil is one the most effective home remedies to get rid of ringworm. As it contains medium chain fatty acids, especially the lauric acid. This acid is helpful to remove bacteria and fungus, thus treating ringworm.
Steps to Use Coconut Oil to Heal Ringworm Fast:
- Take some amount of coconut oil in your hand and apply it on your ringworm.
- Then, gently massage with this oil for a few minutes and leave.
- Repeat this remedy 3 to 4 times in a day.
- Do this daily for some weeks until the rashes disappear.
8) Tea Tree Oil for Ringworm
The best way to get rid of ringworm is tea tree oil. Tea tree oil has antiseptic and anti fungal properties which will help to treat ringworm.
Steps to Use Tea Tree Oil Naturally & Fast:
- First clean your affected skin and dry it.
- Then, take a cotton ball and pour some drops of tea tree oil on it.
- Apply this oil on your ringworm.
- Repeat this remedy 3 to 4 times a day.
9) Use Camphor to Get Rid of Ringworm Fast
Camphor is transparent, white in color and it has a strong odor. The anti-fungal properties of camphor are helpful to remove ringworm completely.
Steps to Use Camphor to Cure Ringworm Fast:
- Take a pinch of camphor powder.
- Then, apply this camphor powder on your affected area.
- Repeat this treatment daily.
- You can also use sesame oil with camphor. You can also use camphor oil to see the best results.
10) Use Lavender Oil to Treat Ringworm Fast
Lavender oil is an antidepressant and relaxing oil, which has more benefits to soothe your skin. It has also anti-fungal property that helps to get rid of ringworm fast.
Steps to Use Lavender Oil to Cure Ringworm:
- Take some lavender oil and apply it to your affected area.
- Apply lavender oil daily.
- This is the best remedy to get rid of ringworm.
11.) Papaya to Get Rid of Ringworm
This is one of the most natural remedies to get rid of ringworm because the green papaya kills the bacteria and fungi present on the outer layer of the skin. Papaya has enzymes like papain and chymopapain that heals the burns and provides instant relief from inflammation. It is one of the most soothing remedies. Follow the steps given below to get quick results.
- Cut a green papaya and apply it on the affected area of the skin.
- You can even grind some pieces of papaya to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the ringworm rashes.
- Leave this paste on the skin for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
- Repeat this remedy 3 times a day to get rid of ringworm.
12.) Lemongrass to Treat Ringworm
This is one of the most natural remedies to treat ringworm because of the presence of medicinal properties. The antibacterial and antiseptic properties make it a wonderful remedy. The antiseptic properties will speed up the healing process and the antibacterial properties will prevent the infection from spreading. Follow the steps given below to treat ringworm.
- Grind some lemongrass leaves.
- Mix some buttermilk in it to make a paste.
- Apply this combination on the ringworm.
- Wash the affected area with water after 30 minutes.
13.) Oregano Oil to Cure Ringworm
The ursolic acids, phenolic acids, and leanolic acids present in oregano oil make it an amazing remedy to cure ringworm. It also contains 40-60% of thymol which makes it very effective in treating ringworm. The therapeutic properties of oregano oil will cure ringworm. Follow the steps given below to cure ringworm.
- Mix 5 drops each of oregano oil and rosemary oil.
- Add 2 drops of wild thyme oil.
- Mix 3 teaspoons of sweet almond oil.
- Mix all the oils well.
- Massage this oil on the ringworm affected area.
- Repeat this remedy atleast 4 times a day to cure ringworm.
14.) Grapefruit Seeds to Get Rid of Ringworm
The antiviral, antioxidants, and antibacterial properties of grapefruit seeds make it a wonderful remedy for ringworm. You can take grapefruit seeds internally as it strengthens the immune system and keeps the infection at a bay. If you have a sensitive skin, then dilute it with water. Follow the steps given below to get rid of ringworm.
- In 3 tablespoons of lukewarm water, add 5 drops of grapefruit seed extract.
- Use a cotton ball to apply this solution on the ringworm affected area.
- Repeat this 3 times a day for atleast one week to get rid of ringworm completely.
15.) Goldenseal to Treat Ringworm
The root of goldenseal plant is known for treating various medical problems including skin conditions. The anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, antiseptic and antimicrobial properties make it a suitable remedy for ringworm infection. Follow the steps given below to treat ringworm infection.
- In one and a half cup of water, add 6 teaspoons of goldenseal herb.
- Keep it on low flame for about 20 minutes.
- Strain it and dip a cotton ball in this tea.
- Apply it on the ringworm affected area.
- Repeat this process 3 times a day to treat ringworm.
- You can even mix 6 drops of goldenseal tincture in your favorite juice and drink it daily.
16.) Mustard Seed Paste to Cure Ringworm
This is one of the best home remedies to get rid of ringworm rashes and infection. It helps to reduce the inflammation, redness and itchiness caused by ringworm rashes and infection. There is a lot of itch on the ringworm rash and scratching can make the situation worse. Mustard seed paste will give you instant relief from itching. Follow the steps given below to cure ringworm.
- Grind one tablespoon of mustard seeds.
- Mix two tablespoons of water in it to make a paste.
- Apply this prepared paste on the ringworm affected area.
- Wrap the area with a bandage and leave it for one hour.
- Repeat this process twice a day until you get rid of ringworm completely.
17.) Olive Leaf Extract to Treat Ringworm
The therapeutic properties of olive leaf extract make it an amazing remedy to treat ringworm rashes and infection. It contains anti-viral properties that kill the fungus that cause ringworm. The critical amino acids present in olive leaf extract makes the virus inactive. If you take it internally, it will strengthen your immune system. Follow the steps given below to get positive results.
- Mix equal amounts of olive oil and olive leaf extract together.
- Apply this mixture on the ringworm.
- Cover it with a tape so that the solution stays in place.
- Repeat this remedy 3 to 4 times a day to get favorable results.
18.) Basil to Get Rid of Ringworm
This is one of the most effective remedies to get rid of ringworm. The anti-fungal properties present in basil prevent the infection from spreading and speeds up the healing process. Basil also contains medicinal properties, which help in treating various skin conditions. The fighting properties of basil make it a great remedy to treat ringworm. Follow the steps given below to get effective results.
- Grind some basil leaves until the juice comes out of it.
- Soak a cotton ball in this basil juice.
- Apply this juice directly on the ringworm rashes.
- Repeat this remedy twice a day to get rid of ringworm.
19.) Myrrh to Treat Ringworm
This is one of most natural remedies to treat ringworm because of the medicinal properties. The antiseptic properties of myrrh will prevent the infection from spreading and heals the rash fast. The anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties of ringworm are good for treating various skin conditions. Follow the steps given below to treat ringworm.
- Wash the ringworm rashes with myrrh solution.
- In one cup of water, add 8 drops of myrrh oil.
- Soak a cotton ball in this solution and apply it on the ringworm affected area.
- Wash the area with water.
- Repeat the remedy to get quick relief.
20.) Chamomile Tea to Get Rid of Ringworm
This is one of the natural remedies to get rid of ringworm. The fungicidal and antibacterial properties will prevent infection and reduce the discomforts caused by ringworm. All you need to do is massage some chamomile oil on the ringworm affected area. Repeat this process about 3 to 4 times a day gets rid of ringworm rashes and infection. This will speed up the healing process and eliminate the infection.
Useful Tips to Avoid Ringworm:
- Do not scratch your ringworm as scratching can make your ringworm worse.
- Do not use a bandage over the ringworm.
- Avoid contact with the infected person.
- Wash your hands after getting ringworm.
- Do not share your personal things such as towels, brush, and clothes with the infected person.
- Stay away from infected animals.