After writing, how to get rid of stretch marks?, how to remove pimple marks?, and how to get rid of acne scars?, we are now writing the best ways to rid of scar tissue or best ways to get rid of scars. Scar tissue is a common cosmetic condition, which most of the people suffer once in their life. It is a natural process of the body to treat or heal an injury. Such injury includes bites, cuts, surgery, acne, a fungal infection or scrapes. It is a fibrous connective tissue, which forms a scar or mark on any tissue of the body. It occurs when the tissue takes the place of normal skin after getting damaged in deeper layers of the skin.
When the fibers in the tissue gets arranged in a different way at the time of healing, it causes scar tissue in the body. Although, this scar tissue does not cause any pain. However, it can affect your appearance badly, if it is visible on your body, especially on the face. Scar tissue treatment can be quite expensive if done clinically. You can easily get rid of scar tissue at home with this simple and safe home remedies mentioned in the article. You can follow the remedies to get rid of scars and other marks on your body.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Scar Tissue Naturally and Fast
1.) Use Apple Cider Vinegar or ACV
Apple cider vinegar or ACV is an effective home remedy to get rid of scar tissue naturally. Being acidic in nature, ACV helps exfoliate the damaged skin and remove dead skin cells fast. As a result, it reduces the appearance of scars or marks significantly.
- Soak a cotton ball in ACV and rub it gently on the affected area. Leave it to get absorbed by the skin for 10 to 15 minutes Wash it off with water after 15 minutes.
- Apply, any moisturizing lotion you use. Repeat this a few times daily for a few weeks. If it causes irritation in your skin, you can dilute it with water.
2.) Apply The Vitamin E
Vitamin E is an excellent natural remedy to treat scar tissue at home. It has very effective antioxidant and moisturizing properties. Such properties helps to rejuvenate and nourish the skin faster. Other than that, Vitamin E helps to promote the production of collagen (protein tissue), which enhances the texture and strength of the skin. Here is the method.
- Take a Vitamin E capsule and squeeze the liquid out of it. Apply it on the scar 2-3 times daily for a few weeks.
- You can use Vitamin E cream as well. Also, consume foods high in Vitamin E content such as hazelnuts, peanut butter, almonds and sunflower oil.
3.) Use The Honey
Honey is one of the most popular natural remedies to treat numerous body ailments. Scar tissue is one of these ailments. Honey is an excellent natural moisturizer. It promotes tissue regeneration and also prevents the growth of collagen in excess. Plus it keeps a check on accumulation of dead skin cells.
- Apply and massage raw honey on the scar for 10-15 minutes.
- Leave it for an hour to get absorbed.
- Wash the skin with warm water.
- Repeat it twice daily for a few weeks.
4.) Apply Sandalwood Powder
Sandalwood powder is a powerful natural home remedy for scar tissue treatment. It has been in use since ages. Sandalwood powder is known to have fine skin rejuvenating qualities, which helps reduce and lighten scars or marks naturally.
- Add 1 tbsp of sandalwood powder in sufficient rose water to make a fine paste.
- Rub this fine paste on the scar before sleeping.
- Allow it to dry completely before washing it off, next morning with warm water.
- Repeat this daily for a couple of months.
5.) Use The Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is known to have both scar removing and skin-healing properties, which makes it a perfect remedy to get rid of scar tissue naturally. This oil can be very strong for sensitive skin. So, you can dilute it with water before applying.
- Mix 2 drops of tea tree oil with 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Apply, it on the scar skin and allow it for a few hours before rinsing it off.
- Do this daily once for a few weeks.
6.) Coconut Oil Will Help
Coconut oil is known to have essential fatty acids, which works as an antioxidants. This oil helps to prevent and restore the damage caused by free radical. It is highly effective remedy as it helps promote collagen production and makes the skin soft to accelerate the healing process. This oil is also helpful in treating other blemishes.
- Take 1 teaspoon of warm coconut oil.
- Massage this warm oil on the concerned area, using circular motion to make it get absorbed by the skin.
- Repeat this process a few times daily, until you see the improved result.
7.) Cocoa Butter is Amazing Solution
Cocoa butter is another helpful natural remedy to get rid of scar tissue naturally at home. It acts as a natural moisturizer. It moisturizes skin deeper into the layers of the skin. Also, it contains Vitamin E that helps repair skin effectively.
- Rub the concerned skin with a damp cloth and pat dry with towel.
- Now, take 1 tsp of cocoa butter and massage on the affected skin in small circular motions.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times daily for a few weeks.
8.) Use The Lemon Power
Lemon juice is another excellent way to treat scar tissue problem. It is known to have alpha hydroxy acids, which helps to get rid dead skin cells quickly. It also helps repair and restore damaged skin. Other than that lemon works as a natural bleaching agent to reduce appearance of scars and other blemishes as well.
- Apply, lemon juice on the affected area gently. Leave it to dry for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing it off. Apply any moisturizer you use.
- Repeat this process 2 times daily for a few weeks, until you see the visible result.
- Lemon juice can make your skin light sensitive. Always use sunscreen before going out.
9.) Apply The Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera has excellent capacity to rejuvenate skin tissues. It helps minimize the size and appearance of marks or scars. Aloe Vera gel has soothing and moisturizing qualities, which enhance the suppleness of scar tissue and help lessen inflammation as well. It has antibacterial and cooling properties as well.
- Take an aloe vera leaf, squeeze the gel out of it.
- Apply and massage the gel on the scar for several minutes.
- Leave it to get absorbed by the skin.
- Later, wash off the area with warm water.
- R this process several times in a day for a couple of months.
10.) Use The Lavender Oil
Lavender oil has excellent skin tissue regenerating qualities, which helps in scar tissue or keloid scar treatment effectively. This oil also helps promote the skin cell turnover speed. This action of lavender oil helps prevent scar or marks from becoming stable.
- Apply a 3-5 drops of lavender oil on the affected area.
- Massage the oil firmly in circular motions for 15-20 minutes
- Leave it for 5-10 minutes to get deeper into the skin.
- Repeat this process twice daily for a few weeks to see visible improvement.
11.) Tae Help From Emu Oil
This is one of the best home remedies to get rid of scar tissue. Emu oil is actually the fat that comes from the back of the emu bird. It is an excellent oil to get rid of bacteria and minimize inflammation. It is loaded with omega fatty acids such as omega-9, omega-6 and omega-3. These fatty acids penetrate deep into the skin and moisturize it deeply. It makes the skin look glowing. Emu oil reduces the appearance of scar and treats inflammation. It encourages the healing process.
- Take some emu oil in a bowl.
- With the help of a cotton ball, apply this emu oil directly on the scar tissue.
- Leave the oil on the skin so that the skin absorbs it.
- After 30 minutes, wash the area with water.
- Repeat this remedy twice a day for scar tissue removal.
12.) Use The Potato
This is one of the most natural remedies to heal scar tissue. The bleaching properties present in potato helps to make the skin clean and clear. The area that is damaged by the scar tissue is completely healed by potato. It removes the scar and it is replaced by a new layer of skin.
- Take a potato and cut it into slices.
- Place the slice directly on the scar tissue.
- Rub it in circular motions on the scar tissue for a couple of minutes.
- You can even grate a potato and extract its juice. Apply this juice directly on the affected skin.
- Wash the area with normal water.
- Repeat this method on a regular basis to heal the scar tissue completely.
13.) Tomato to Heal Scar Tissue
This is one of the best remedies for scar tissue removal. The vitamin C content present is tomato helps to get a clear and flawless skin. It also contains antioxidant properties that remove the dead skin cells from the affected area. It is replaced with a new layer of skin. The bleaching properties of tomato remove the scar permanently from the skin.
- Take a ripe potato. Make sure it is fresh.
- Mash it properly to make a paste.
- Apply this tomato paste directly on the scar tissue.
- Let this tomato paste stay on the skin for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Repeat this treatment once daily to get rid of scar tissue.
14.) Onion Juice for Scar Tissue Removal
This is one of the most natural remedies to treat scar tissue removal. It is a wonderful choice to treat old scars. Onion juice inhibits the production of collagen due to which the scar fades away slowly. The anti-inflammatory properties present in onion reduce the inflammation and fades away the scars. The bioflavonoids present in onion such as cepalin and kaempferol helps to minimize the appearance of the scars.
- Take a fresh onion and grate it.
- Extract the juice and apply it on the scar affected areas.
- After a couple of minutes, rinse it off with clear water.
- Repeat the process daily to until the scars are healed completely.
15.) Baking Soda Will Help
This is one of the best home remedies to heal scars fast. It scrapes off the scar tissue layer by layer. The anti-inflammatory properties present in baking soda helps to reduce the redness and inflammation caused by the scars. It is a deep cleanser and removes the excess dirt and oil from the pores. It promotes the production of collagen and regenerates new skin cells.
- Take one tablespoon of baking soda in a bowl. Mix one tablespoon of water to make a paste. Massage this paste on the affected area in circular motions.
- Keep massaging for 2 to 3 minutes. Wash the area with lukewarm water after 5 to 10 minutes.
- Apply a good moisturizer because baking soda can dry your skin. Repeat this remedy twice or thrice a day to treat scar.
16.) Turmeric to Remove Scars
This is one of the best home remedies for scar tissue removal. Turmeric contains an ingredient called curcumin which is known for its healing properties. The anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties present in turmeric kills the bacteria that are responsible for causing scars. It regenerates new skin cells and encourages the healing process.
- Mix one teaspoon each of turmeric powder and lemon juice. Apply this turmeric and lemon paste directly on the scar affected areas. Wash the area with warm water after 15 to 20 minutes.
- Apply a light moisturizer to prevent dryness. Repeat this remedy twice a day until you see improvement.
17.) Castor Oil to Get Rid of Scar Tissue
Castor oil breaks up the scar tissue by penetrating deep into the skin. It is rich in vitamin E and fatty acids, which promotes the healing process. When you massage the affected area with castor oil it increases the blood circulation and thus healing takes place faster.
- Wash the affected area with warm water and mild soap to remove the dirt and oil. Massage some castor oil on the scar in circular motions for about 5 minutes. Wrap a cloth around the affected area.
- With the help of a blow dryer warm up the cloth. Remove the excess oil with a cotton ball. Repeat this treatment twice a day to get noticeable results.
18.) Gooseberry to Heal Scar Tissue
This is one of the most effective home remedies for scar tissue removal. Gooseberry is loaded with vitamin C which inhibits the formation of new scars and lightens the old scars. Mixing olive oil will keep the skin moisturized and fasten the healing process.
- Mix one tablespoon each of gooseberry powder and olive oil to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on the scar affected areas.
- Wash it off with plain water after 15 to 20 minutes.
- Apply this paste on every alternate day to heal the scar tissue.
19.) Fenugreek to Get Rid of Scar Tissue
This is one of the best home remedies to get rid of scar tissue in a small period of time. It helps to reduce the appearance of the scars.
- Soak some fenugreek seeds in a bowl of warm water for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Crush the seeds to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the scar affected areas.
- Repeat this treatment for a few days to remove the scars completely.
20.) Almonds to Eliminate Scars
This is one of the most effective home remedies to eliminate scars completely. The nutrients and vitamins present in almond reduce the appearance of the scars and ensure proper functioning of body.
- Soak a few almonds in water for one night. Next morning, peel the almonds and crush it. Mix a little amount of rose water in this paste.
- Apply the paste on the scar directly. Rinse it off after 10 to 20 minutes. Repeat this remedy on a regular basis to eliminate scars.
Other Useful and Quick Tips:
- Apply white toothpaste on the scar affected skin.
- Drink lots of water throughout the day to keep your skin hydrated.
- Avoid scratching the scar tissue.
- Consume vitamin C supplements to encourage the healing process.
- Don’t touch the scar with bare hands as it can cause inflammation.
- If there are scars on the face then avoid using makeup.