In this article we will discuss how to get rid of scar tissue. Scar tissue is a common cosmetic condition which most of the people suffer once in their life. It is a natural process of the body to treat or heal an injury. Such injury includes bites, cuts, surgery, acne, a fungal infection or scrapes. It is a fibrous connective tissue which forms a scar or mark on any tissue of the body. It occurs when the tissue takes the place of normal skin after getting damaged in deeper layers of the skin. When the fibers in the tissue gets arranged in a different way at the time of healing, it causes scar tissue in the body. Although, this scar tissue does not cause any pain. However it can affect your appearance badly, if it is visible on your body, especially on the face. Scar tissue treatment can be quite expensive if done clinically. But, you can get rid of scar tissue at home with this simple and safe home remedies mentioned below. Before discussing remedies, let us know the causes and symptoms of scar tissue.
Causes of Scar Tissue
Symptoms of Scar Tissue
- An itchy area of skin.
- An area which is flesh colored, red or pink.
- A patch which continues to grow bigger with scar tissue over a period of time.
- A lumpy area of skin.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Scar Tissue Naturally and Fast
1.) Apple Cider Vinegar or ACV to Get Rid of Scar Tissue Naturally
Apple cider vinegar or ACV is an effective home remedy to get rid of scar tissue naturally. Being acidic in nature, ACV helps exfoliate the damaged skin and remove dead skin cells fast. As a result, it reduces the appearance of scars or marks significantly.
Directions to Use ACV for Scar Tissue Treatment:
- Soak a cotton ball in ACV and rub it gently on the affected area.
- Leave it to get absorbed by the skin for 10 to 15 minutes
- Wash it off with water after 15 minutes.
- Apply, any moisturizing lotion you use.
- Repeat this a few times daily for a few weeks.
- If it causes irritation in your skin, you can dilute it with water.
2.) Vitamin E to Get Rid of Scar Tissue at Home
Vitamin E is an excellent natural remedy to treat scar tissue at home. Vitamin E has very effective antioxidant and moisturizing properties. Such properties helps to rejuvenate and nourish the skin faster. Other than that, Vitamin E helps to promote the production of collagen (protein tissue), which enhances the texture and strength of the skin. Here is the method.
Directions to Use Vitamin E for Scar Tissue Removal:
- Take a Vitamin E capsule and squeeze the liquid out of it.
- Apply it on the scar 2-3 times daily for a few weeks.
- You can use Vitamin E cream as well.
- Also, consume foods high in Vitamin E content such as hazelnuts, peanut butter, almonds and sunflower oil.
3.) Honey to Get Rid of Scar Tissue after Surgery
Honey is one of the most popular natural remedies to treat numerous body ailments. Scar tissue is one of these ailments. Honey is an excellent natural moisturizer. It promotes tissue regeneration and also prevents the growth of collagen in excess. Plus it keeps a check on accumulation of dead skin cells.
Directions to Use Honey for Scar Tissue Removal:
- Apply and massage raw honey on the scar for 10-15 minutes.
- Leave it for an hour to get absorbed.
- Wash the skin with warm water.
- Repeat it twice daily for a few weeks.
4.) Sandalwood Powder as a Natural Remedy for Scar Tissue Treatment
Sandalwood powder is a powerful natural home remedy for scar tissue treatment. It has been in use since ages. Sandalwood powder is known to have fine skin rejuvenating qualities, which helps reduce and lighten scars or marks naturally.
Directions to Use Sandalwood for Scar Tissue Treatment:
- Add 1 tbsp of sandalwood powder in sufficient rose water to make a fine paste.
- Rub this fine paste on the scar before sleeping.
- Allow it to dry completely before washing it off, next morning with warm water.
- Repeat this daily for a couple of months.
5.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Scar Tissue
Tea tree oil is known to have both scar removing and skin-healing properties, which makes it a perfect remedy to get rid of scar tissue naturally. This oil can be very strong for sensitive skin. So, you can dilute it with water before applying.
Directions to Use Tea Tree Oil to Remove Scar Tissue:
- Mix 2 drops of tea tree oil with 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Apply, it on the scar skin and allow it for a few hours before rinsing it off.
- Do this daily once for a few weeks.
6.) Coconut Oil to Get Rid of Scar Tissue
Coconut oil is known to have essential fatty acids, which works as an antioxidants. Coconut oil helps to prevent and restore the damage caused by free radical. It is highly effective remedy as it helps promote collagen production and makes the skin soft to accelerate the healing process. This oil is also helpful in treating other blemishes.
Directions to Use Coconut Oil to Treat Scar Tissue:
- Take 1 teaspoon of warm coconut oil.
- Massage this warm oil on the concerned area, using circular motion to make it get absorbed by the skin.
- Repeat this process a few times daily, until you see the improved result.
7.) Cocoa Butter to Get Rid of Scar Tissue
Cocoa butter is another helpful natural remedy to get rid of scar tissue naturally at home. Cocoa butter acts as a natural moisturizer. It moisturizes skin deeper into the layers of the skin. Also, it contains Vitamin E that helps repair skin effectively.
Directions to Use Cocoa Butter to Treat Scar Tissue:
- Rub the concerned skin with a damp cloth and pat dry with towel.
- Now, take 1 tsp of cocoa butter and massage on the affected skin in small circular motions.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times daily for a few weeks.
8.) Lemon to Get Rid of Scar Tissue Fast and Naturally
Lemon juice is another excellent way to treat scar tissue problem. Lemon is known to have alpha hydroxy acids, which helps to get rid dead skin cells quickly. It also helps repair and restore damaged skin. Other than that lemon works as a natural bleaching agent to reduce appearance of scars and other blemishes as well.
Directions to Use Lemon to Prevent Scar Tissue:
- Apply, lemon juice on the affected area gently.
- Leave it to dry for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Apply any moisturizer you use.
- Repeat this process 2 times daily for a few weeks, until you see the visible result.
- Lemon juice can make your skin light sensitive. Always use sunscreen before going out.
9.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Scar Tissue Naturally
Aloe Vera has excellent capacity to rejuvenate skin tissues. It helps minimize the size and appearance of marks or scars. Aloe Vera gel has soothing and moisturizing qualities, which enhance the suppleness of scar tissue and help lessen inflammation as well. It has antibacterial and cooling properties as well.
Directions to Use Aloe Vera fro Scar Tissue Removal:
- Take an Aloe Vera leaf, squeeze the gel out of it.
- Apply and massage the gel on the scar for several minutes.
- Leave it to get absorbed by the skin.
- Later, wash off the area with warm water.
- R this process several times in a day for a couple of months.
10.) Lavender Oil to Get Rid of Scar Tissue Fast
Lavender oil has excellent skin tissue regenerating qualities, which helps in scar tissue or keloid scar treatment effectively. This oil also helps promote the skin cell turnover speed. This action of lavender oil helps prevent scar or marks from becoming stable.
Directions to Use Lavender Oil for Keloid Scar Treatment:
- Apply a 3-5 drops of lavender oil on the affected area.
- Massage the oil firmly in circular motions for 15-20 minutes
- Leave it for 5-10 minutes to get deeper into the skin.
- Repeat this process twice daily for a few weeks to see visible improvement.