After writing, how to get rid of skin tags?, home remedies for melasma treatment, and how to get rid of a mucous cyst?, we are now writing natural sebaceous hyperplasia treatment at home. Skin problems are common among adults. There is a bundle of skin problems, which you might even not know. One skin condition that is easily indistinguishable from others is sebaceous hyperplasia. Considering that our face is likely the most visible part of our body, we try our best to take care of it from the outside but what about internal care. Sebaceous hyperplasia is a result of the same problems that affect us internally and is mostly limited to our face. While it has acne-like appearance it looks worse for its pus-like formation. It spreads all over the face and causes inflammation. Although, it is difficult but not impossible to sebaceous hyperplasia removal at home. Follow these top remedies to get rid of sebaceous glands on face and get the good old smooth skin.
Causes of Sebaceous Hyperplasia:
According to many specialist sebaceous hyperplasias might be hereditary, but this is actually not true. Though there is no confirmed cause of sebaceous hyperplasia but there are many factors that contribute to its development. Here is a list of factors that causes sebaceous hyperplasia.
- Weak immune system, aging and facial problems.
- Exposure to the sun for too long.
- Changes in hormones.
All these can be the factors that lead to the development of sebaceous hyperplasia. But as you know there is no tested and confirmed factor behind this so you just need to think about the natural remedies for sebaceous hyperplasia treatment at home without going through any laser treatment.
Sebaceous Hyperplasia Treatment At Home
1.) Peppermint Oil For Sebaceous Hyperplasia
The peppermint oil is a great remedy on which you can depend for sebaceous hyperplasia treatment at home. This oil comes pressed with clean, mitigating and antibacterial properties. Peppermint oil will fight against sebaceous hyperplasia. The oil works by entering in your skin and disposing of the excess oil and the bacteria that is affecting the skin. You can also choose regular mint juice rather than peppermint oil for treating sebaceous hyperplasia.
- Apply peppermint oil to the affected area before going to the bed. Wash it off in the morning. Alternatively, you can also mix mint juice and turmeric powder. Mix them thoroughly until you get a paste.
- Apply the paste over the affected area. Rinse it off after 15-20 minutes. Repeat the remedy for sebaceous hyperplasia treatment at home.
2.) Electrocautery For Sebaceous Hyperplasia
While Electrocautery is not a home cure, regardless it stays one of the best tips or the most proficient method to get rid of sebaceous hyperplasia. The same helps to clear out hemostasis or shifting degrees of dead skin cells tissue removal. Some patients portray the arrangement process for Electrocautery to be to a great degree difficult. It is because with as much as ten shots of nearby analgesic that can bring about horrifying torment. The procedure involves a rotating current as it is sent through a safe metal wire anode, creating warmth. The warmed terminal is then connected to living tissue. Only within a period of 2 days, you can see immediate results.
3.) Apple Cider Vinegar For Sebaceous Hyperplasia
A standout among the most popular and well-known grasped home solutions for an extensive variety of ailments, conditions, and sicknesses are ACV. With regards to taking care of skin issues, apple cider vinegar may be the highest priority on the rundown. This super substance has the ability to balance your skin’s pH. It also helps to hold your sebaceous glands under control. ACV works extraordinarily for both treating and averting sebaceous hyperplasia. This cure works by basically dissolving the cyst known as sebaceous hyperplasia. It also helps to prevent their recurrence.
- To treat this skin condition, mix apple cider vinegar with peppermint oil. Dip a cotton swab in the solution. Gently apply it over the affected area.
- Leave it for a few minutes and then rinse it off with water. Repeat the remedy for effective results.
4.) Take The Help From Lemon
To the extent oils are concerned, lemon is the second best decision on our rundown. Much the same as peppermint oil. It has capable sterile properties and additionally proves to be a conventional astringent. Besides, the lemon oil will control the oil that your skin produces and will also help you with sebaceous hyperplasia removal at home. The lemon really saturates your skin and diminish irritation caused by the sebaceous hyperplasia. You should consider it as an answer in the event that you need to treat this issue naturally. Like on account of peppermint, you can likewise utilize lemon juice as an option for lemon oil. Just take a few drops of lemon oil and put them straightforwardly on the region with sebaceous hyperplasia. Your skin will be washed down naturally. Repeat the remedy regularly for effective results.
NOTE- Always opt for a patch test before applying lemon as it may irritate sensitive skin.
5.) Perform The Warm Compress
Moist heat applied to sebaceous hyperplasia speeds up the draining and healing process. Thus making it as an effective remedy for sebaceous hyperplasia treat at home effectively and permanently. This is because heat dilates your blood vessels and thus improves the supply of nutrients to the affected area so that the damaged skin heals faster. Heat compress also helps to improve the blood circulation in the affected area. The increased blood flow helps to wash out any toxins that may be causing inflammation in the area.
- Simply soak a towel in warm water. Wring out excess water and place it on the affected area. Keep it in place for 15-20 minutes and not more.
- Repeat the remedy 2-4 times a day for better results. This will help to get rid of sebaceous hyperplasia fast.
6.) Apply The Tea Tree Oil
While suffering from the excessive production of sebum, you get clogged pores that in turn gives rise to cystic acne, also termed as sebaceous hyperplasia. This severe acne may get infected to form cysts. Tea tree oil helps to reduce the occurrence of sebaceous hyperplasia. It is a known anti-microbial agent and can have excellent anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
- Simply mix equal amount of tea tree oil with any other base oil (almond oil or olive oil) and apply the mixture on the affected area.
- Secure the area with a bandage to keep the oil from getting wiped. This also increases its effectiveness. Remove the bandage after 8-10 hours. Do not excess this time limit.
- Repeat the remedy regularly for a period of time. This will help to get rid of sebaceous hyperplasia fast.
7.) Castor Oil For Sebaceous Hyperplasia
Castor oil can effectively counter inflammation and itching that is caused in the area due to infection. This oil has a chemical called Ricin that is actually the key element containing anti-bacterial properties. Even if your cyst is not infected, there is no harm in using castor oil on it. Get a clean washcloth and soak it in castor oil. Place this soaked cloth over the affected area. Now, place a hot compress over it. Hold it for a few minutes and then remove. Repeat the remedy regularly for sebaceous hyperplasia treatment at home.
8.) Use Fresh Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera has now been widely recognized as not only a skin-friendly herb but also as a herb that is good for your overall health. The anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of Aloe Vera comes into action, when you want to get rid of the discomforts caused due to the infected cysts. This is because of the phenolic compounds present in aloe vera gel. Aloe vera is also known for its ability to fasten up the healing process. This makes it as one of the effective age old remedy to get rid of sebaceous hyperplasia and other skin related issues.
- Simply take a fresh aloe vera leaf and scoop out the gel. Apply it directly to the affected area. Give a gentle massage for the gel to get absorbed.
- Do not rub very harshly as it can cause inflammation. Repeat the remedy twice daily for effective results.
9.) Apply Witch Hazel Oil
The extracts of witch hazel herb have a reputation of being an excellent astringent. Both the bark and the leaves of witch hazel are a rich source of tannins. Tannin is a popular element known for excessive oil producing glands. They tend to tighten the pores of your skin and also controls the secretion of oil so that you don’t get acne and cysts. Simply apply 1-2 drops of witch hazel oil to the affected area. Give a gentle massage for the oil to get absorbed. Repeat the remedy daily for effective results.
10.) Use The Burdock Root
The Burdock herb has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties. It is an age-old remedy that is used for chronic skin ailments. Herbalists also use burdock herb not only for common acne but also for serious skin diseases like hives, eczema, psoriasis, boils and sebaceous hyperplasia. Burdock root is widely used in Japan and China as an alternative medicine and also in their dishes. All these advantages make burdock as an effective home remedy for sebaceous hyperplasia treatment at home.
- Add 1-2 Burdock roots in a pot of boiling water. You can also chop them coarsely and use a tablespoon of it. Now, bring the water to a boil and let the mixture steep for 15 minutes.
- Drink this tea twice or thrice daily for effective results. Repeat the remedy for effective results. You can also soak a cotton ball or washcloth in this tea. Use it as a hot compress for the affected area.
NOTE- Burdock is diuretic in nature, so do not make excessive consumption of it.
11.) Use Red Clover Herb
Red clover is a popular herb, which is primarily used as a natural “blood purifier.” Most of the alternative medicine systems believe that the reason behind the presence of toxins in our blood is due to many illnesses and skin diseases. Red Clover is widely used for the treatment of acne, eczema, and other skin diseases including sebaceous hyperplasia. It happens to be helpful in getting rid of the toxins in our body which give rise to these cysts and tumors. The components of red clover like phytoestrogen isoflavones make this herb an excellent home remedy to get rid of sebaceous hyperplasia and other medical conditions. You can prepare Red Clove tea. All you need to do is simply add 1-3 teaspoons of this dried herb in water. Heat it in a pot and let the mixture steep for 15 minutes. Strain and drink this tea. Have it twice or maybe thrice daily for effective results.
NOTE- It should not be consumed while breastfeeding or during pregnancy.
12.) Take Help From Goldenseal
Goldenseal has a component called Berberine which is the key ingredient that makes it as an effective anti-microbial agent. Also, Berberine is capable of killing many microorganisms like fungi, bacteria, and protozoa. This is why modern Goldenseal is used as a topical antibiotic for skin wounds. It is also helpful to treat viral, mouth sores and fungal infections like athlete’s foot.
- Simply place the herb in a crock pot. Pour a few drops of olive oil in the pot. Make it an inch higher than the herb. Heat this for about 3-5 minutes. Let the mixture cool down, then strain.
- Line a cheesecloth in the strainer. After straining, squeeze all of the oil from the cloth. Add beeswax to this oil mixture. Stir well till it completely melts. Store this mixture in a jar and apply over the affected area. Repeat the remedy twice or thrice daily for effective results.
Other Useful Tips to Prevent Sebaceous Hyperplasia:
- Wash your face atleast twice a day to stop the excess oil buildup on the face. Drink plenty of water so that toxins are flushed out of the body.
- Avoid eating foods that interfere with your hormonal levels. Don’t eat red meat and a huge quantity of cheese and butter. Instead of pure milk drink skimmed milk.
- Try to use facial peels that contain salicylic acid and trichloroacetic acid. Men should pay more attention while shaving the skin. A cut may trigger the sebaceous hyperplasia.
- Eat food that increases your immunity levels. A healthy and balanced diet will prevent you from sebaceous hyperplasia. Include foods rich in vitamin C such as lemon and oranges.
- Don’t squeeze or scratch the cyst because it can lead to further infection. Do a lot of physical activities and exercise so that the production of hormones is balanced. This will prevent sebaceous hyperplasia.
- Clean the affected area with soap and water regularly. Sterilizing the shaving blades and other tools to prevent skin issues.
- Make sure that you use cosmetic products that are oil free. If you are having sebaceous hyperplasia then avoid going out in the sun.