Sun is the ultimate source of energy. All the living organisms on earth need energy from the sun. Due to pollution and depletion of the ozone layer,a lot of ultraviolet radiations come to earth and it can cause harmful effects on the living beings. when our skin is exposed to the sun it causes sunburn. Getting sunburn is a common thing nowadays. But when sunburn comes along with the blisters, it can be a serious problem. It can be small inflammations on the area of sunburn with signs of itching and discomfort. If someone feels vomiting, headache, fever or other symptoms of illness, medical assistance is required. There are several methods can be tried at home to get rid of sunburn blisters. These methods or remedies mostly effective in majority of the cases. These methods are simple and can be performed with ease. The main reasons behind this problem are listed below:
Symptoms of Sunburn Blisters
- Reddish skin that is warm and tender to touch
- Blisters cause itching
- Fever, pain, chills, rash and swelling
- Peeling of the burned skin areas after 2 to 3 days
The symptoms not last longer, but, many a times the damages caused to the skins due to sunburn blisters are permanent. This can cause serious health problems. Sun burns are a major reason behind skin cancer in people. The pain and discomfort will increase due to sunburn blisters after the exposure of 48 hours.
Causes of Sunburn Blisters
The human body is protected by an especial pigment in the skin called melanin. The moment you raise the amount of exposure to the sources of ultraviolet rays. When it gets exceeds the ability of melanin to fight against the radiant, sun burn occurs. The person with light skin has more risk to get sunburn and blisters than the one who have a dark skin. It is medically proved that the person with light skin when exposed to the sunlight for 15 minutes can get sunburn blister. The major cause for sun burn are as follows:
- UVA- this ray of sunlight reaches deep inside the layers of the skin. It causes damage to the new skin cells and its production. Exposure to this radiation also causes dryness of the skin and hair. It also results in roughening and wrinkling of the skin. High UVA cause sunburn blisters.
- UVB- this cause more damage to the skin when compared to UVA. This causes skin damage and skin cancer. It affects only the surface layers of the skin. When exposed the skin is exposed to UVB it starts releasing chemicals that will affect the blood vessels.
To Prevent Sunburn Blisters
- Always apply sunburn cream to protect your skin.
- Wear full sleeves clothes and wrap your face and sensitive skin with cotton cloth.
Best Ways to Get Rid of Sunburn Blisters:
1.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Sunburn Blisters Fast
Aloe Vera can be used to get rid of sunburn blisters. There are numbers of other benefits of aloe vera gel for the human. It has antiseptic and soothing properties that help to treat sunburn blister. It is easily available as a plant or as gel in the stores. You can also avail it at home from the aloe vera plant. All you need to do is take a leaf of Aloe Vera plant and cut it to get the gel out. Apply the gel on the affected area and let the skin absorb the gel. After 10 to 15 minutes wash the area with of plenty water. This will help in getting rid of irritation and lower the inflammation.
2.) Healthy Diet and Water to Get Rid of Sunburn Blisters Fast
Healthy diet and proper lifestyle is very important for all. To get rid of sunburn blisters one should follow healthy lifestyle and proper diet. It is recommended to drink 8 glasses of water every day. It will keep the skin hydrated and less prone to sunburn blisters. Some of the vitamins like Vitamin E, Vitamin C help the skin to fight diseases and remain healthy.
3.) Cold Compression to Get Rid of Sunburn Blisters Fast
The sunburn blisters are sometimes very painful and not easy to get rid off. Try cold compression for instant relief from pain and irritation. To get rid of sunburn blisters take a small towel and a small tub with cold water . Dip the towel in the water and apply to the affected area. This will help in reducing the inflammation and pain. Some antiseptic solution may be added to the cold water . Repeat the application for best results.
4.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Sunburn Blisters Fast
The antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric can really help reduce the sunburn blisters. To get rid of sunburn blisters try making a paste of turmeric powder with some water. Apply the paste on the affected area and leave it to dry. This may cause some sensation on the affected area but it is very effective over the blisters. The process should be repeated daily for better results.
5.) Avoid Picking to Get Rid of Sunburn Blisters Fast
When you have bad sunburn blisters, it is recommended not to pick the blisters. The blisters not always show up on the same day of the sunburn, they make come up after several days. Try to avoid the sun, when you have the serious blister problem. The blisters are reddish white with some liquid inside them and when you pick them it may open up your skin to infections. Picking up the blisters is generally painful and may worsen the problem, so to get rid of the sunburn burn blister one must have patience to try the other effective measures to quickly get rid of the problem.
6.) Potatoes to Get Rid of Sunburn Blisters Fast
Potatoes are very helpful in heeling the sunburn blisters. They are easily available in our homes. To heal sunburn blisters, take some potatoes and peel them. Cut the peeled potatoes in small pieces and put them in a grinder to make a fine paste. Apply the paste on the affected area with care. This will help in curing the blister with less effort. The process should be repeated for maximum results.
7.) Oatmeal Bath to Get Rid of Sunburn Blisters Fast
Oats are not only healthy to eat but it also helps to cure sunburn blisters. Sunburn blisters need extensive care with patience. Oats are easily available and not expensive. Take two cups of oatmeal powder and mix it in the bathtub water. Soak your body in the water for approximately 30 minutes. Avoid adding soap or body wash to the water. After bathing there will be significant relief in the pain and swelling. Try this oatmeal bath in a week for better results.
8.) Wear Loose Cotton Clothes to Get Rid of Sunburn Blisters Fast
If you are suffering from sunburn blisters, wearing loose cotton clothes will help to a great extent. To treat sunburn blisters wear loose and light-colored cotton clothes so that the fabric do not rub with the body. This will stop any further damage to the skin. This method aids to other remedy to work well and act fast.
9.) Cucumber to Get Rid of Sunburn Blisters Fast
Cucumber are healthy to eat and to apply as paste if you are suffering from sunburn blisters. To get rid of sunburn blisters, eat cucumber as it contains the component that helps naturally to cool the body from inside. You can also apply it in form of a paste. It is very fast in healing sunburn blisters.
10.) Chamomile to Get Rid of Sunburn Blisters Fast
This herb is very useful in treating sunburn and sunburn blisters. It is easily available in the stores. Take few drops of this herb and mix in 500 ml of water. Now take a small soft towel and dip in the water and apply to the affected area with the blisters. Repeat the process several times a day to get relief from itching and redness. Gradually after 4-5 Days of use, you can see noticeable improvement in the condition of your skin.
11.) Vinegar to Get Rid of Sunburn Blisters
This is one of the most effective home remedies to treat sunburn blisters. Apple cider vinegar and white vinegar both are equally good for treating sunburn blisters. Vinegar absorbs the heat and minimizes the burning sensation. Follow the instructions given below to see effective results.
- Mix equal parts of vinegar and cool water.
- Soak a soft cloth in this diluted vinegar.
- Apply this solution on the affected areas of the skin.
- You can even pour this in a spray bottle. Now, spray this liquid on the sunburn blisters directly.
- Alternatively, mix equal parts of honey and vinegar and apply this paste on the sunburn blisters.
- Repeat this remedy daily for quick healing.
12.) Lettuce Leaves to Treat Sunburn Blisters
This is one of the most favorable home remedies to treat sunburn blisters. It is an excellent remedy to fight inflammation and pain caused by sunburn blisters. It minimizes the itching and pain that is caused by sunburn blisters. Follow the instruction given below to get promising results.
- In 2 cups of water, add some lettuce leaves.
- Bring this water to a boil. Keep boiling it for about 10 minutes.
- Strain it and place this water in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Use a cotton ball to apply this liquid on the sunburn blisters.
- Alternatively, you can put some lettuce leaves in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. Place these leaves directly on the sunburn blisters.
- Repeat this remedy 2 to 3 times daily for a few weeks to heal sunburn blisters fast.
13.) Coconut Oil to Cure Sunburn Blisters
This is one of the best ways to get rid of sunburn blisters on face. The soothing properties present in coconut oil reduce the inflammation that is caused by sunburn blisters. The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties present in coconut oil makes it an effective remedy for sunburn blisters. All you need to do is gently rub some coconut oil directly on the sunburn blisters. Alternatively, you can mix Aloe Vera in coconut oil. It will not only heal the sunburn blisters but will also moisturize the skin. Apply coconut oil 3 to 4 times a day to treat sunburn blisters.
14.) Buttermilk to Get Rid of Sunburn Blisters
Buttermilk is an excellent option to treat the symptoms of sunburn blisters. The cooling properties of buttermilk make it an effective remedy for sunburn blisters. It absorbs the body heat and reduces the pain and inflammation caused by sunburn blisters. Follow the instructions given below to get significant leaves.
- Apply buttermilk directly on the sunburn blisters.
- Leave it for a couple of minutes.
- Rinse it off with cool water.
- If you do not have buttermilk, then mix one cup each of yogurt and water. Now, apply this mixture on the sunburn blisters.
15.) Witch Hazel to Cure Sunburn Blisters
You must have heard about the beauty benefits of sunburn blisters. The astringent properties present in witch hazel helps to relieve inflammation and pain caused by sunburn blisters. It also prevents the infection from spreading. Follow the instructions given below to cure sunburn blisters.
- Use a cotton ball to apply witch hazel directly on the sunburn blisters.
- Take a soft cloth and soak in a solution of witch hazel.
- Wrap this cloth gently on the sunburn blisters.
- Repeat this process twice a day to get rid of sunburn blisters.
16.) Black Tea to Get Rid of Sunburn Blisters
This is one of the best ways to treat sunburn blisters. The tannic acid present in black tea not only draws heat from the skin but also balances the pH of the skin. It minimizes the inflammation and soothes the blisters. Follow the instructions given below to get rid of sunburn blisters.
- Place some tea bags in the refrigerator.
- Leave it for a couple of hours.
- Place these tea bags gently on the sunburn blisters.
- Do this 3 to 4 times a day to get relief.
- Alternatively, apply brewed black tea directly on the sunburn blisters. You can even add mint leaves to black tea to make it more effective.
17.) Honey to Cure Sunburn Blisters
This is one of the favorable remedies to heal sunburn blisters fast. It also prevents the infection from spreading. All you need to do is simply apply honey directly on the sunburn blisters. Do this 2 to 3 times a day to heal the blister fast. Alternatively, you can mix honey and vinegar. Cover the sunburn blister with a thin layer of this mixture. Wash it off with cold water after a couple of minutes. Repeat this treatment on a regular basis to get rid of sunburn blisters.
18.) Rosehip Seed Oil to Treat Sunburn Blisters
This is one of the best ways to treat sunburn blisters. It contains 77% of fatty acids which helps in hydrating the skin well. The essential nutrients and vitamins present in rosehip seed oil helps to restore the pH balance of the skin. All you need to do is apply rosehip seed oil directly on the sunburn blisters. Leave it for a couple of minutes so that it is absorbed by the skin. Apply the oil on the blisters 3 to 4 times a day for quick healing. It is an amazing remedy to heal the sunburn blister fast and naturally.
19.) Dry Bandages to Get Rid of Sunburn Blisters
This is one of the best methods to get rid of sunburn blisters. Most of the people think that popping a sunburn blister can heal it faster. But this is not the correct way to get rid of blisters. When you pop a blister the fluid trapped in it comes out and the chances of infection increases. Therefore, it is suggested not to use it. All you need to do is wrap a dry cotton bandage on the sunburn blisters. This will stop the blister from popping and speed up the healing process.
20.) Milk to Treat Sunburn Blisters
This is one of the most effective home remedies to cure sunburn blisters. The milk creates a protein film on the blister which reduces the inflammation and discomfort. The soothing properties of milk reduce the discomfort caused by sunburn blisters. All you need to do is keep a bowl of milk in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. Soak a cotton ball in this cold milk. Apply this milk directly on the sunburn blisters. Do this 3 to 4 times a day to get rid of sunburn blisters fast.
- Drink plenty of water to hydrate the skin well.
- Wear a hat and full sleeves clothes when going out in the sun.
- Avoid going out in the sun in peak hours from 10am to 4pm.
- Eat ibuprofen to reduce the swelling and discomfort caused by sunburn blisters.
- Use a good quality sunscreen with a SPF of 30.
- Do not pop sunburn blisters as it cause infection and damage the skin.
- Apply a good quality moisturizer on the affected areas.
- Don’t take hot water bath.
You can also read the article how to get rid of sunburn fast?