In this article we will discuss how to get rid of under eye bags. Under eye bags are common as you age. As you keep on aging the skin and ligaments around your eyes tend to loose. This makes your upper eyelid weak and the fat supporting your eyes can move to lower eyelid, making it appear swollen. Also, fluid retention under your eyes makes your eye appear puffed and swollen. This puffiness and swelling in eye results in under eye bags. There can be many other causes also responsible for under eye bags. This is mainly a cosmetic concern and does not possess any serious risk to your health. However, such bagginess under eyes may indicate an underlying medical condition. With a little know how, you can prevent the condition and can get rid of under eye bags naturally and safely.
Causes of Under Eye Bags:
- Fluid retention under eyes.
- Lack of sleep
- Excessive stress
- Excessive crying
- Hormonal changes
- Weather change
- Poor diet
Symptoms of Under Eye Bags:
- Swollen and puffed eyes
- Itchiness in eyes
- Irritation in eyes
- Blurred vision
- Weak eyesight
- Double vision
- Redness and inflammation in and around eyes.
- Burning sensation in the eyes.
- Pain in eyes
- Watery eyes
- Dark circles
- Loose skin around eyes
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags Fast and Naturally
1.) Potatoes to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags Naturally
Potato is an efficient ingredient to get rid of under eye bags. Potatoes includes inflammatory properties because of its starch contents. It helps in discouraging bagginess and diminishing dark circles under your eyes. Also, potatoes have fine bleaching action which help lighten dark circles under eyes.
Directions to Use Potato for Bags Under Eye:
- Take a clean peeled medium size potato.
- Cut it in small pieces and wrap these pieces in a clean cloth tightly.
- Hold this wrapped cloth against your eyes alternately for several minutes.
- Do this process 3-4 times in a day to get rid of under eye bags.
2.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags Naturally
Aloe Vera is one of the best home remedies to get rid of under eye bags. Aloe Vera has antioxidant properties, which assist in easing puffiness under the eyes. Vitamin-E present in Aloe Vera helps to prevent wrinkles and fine line around the eyes. It also promotes blood circulation. It also gives soothing effect and prevent inflammation around eye due to its fine cooling properties.
Directions to Use Aloe Vera For Under Eye Bags Treatment:
- Cut a fresh Aloe Vera Leave in half.
- Extract the gel out of the leave in a bowl.
- With your fingertips, apply this gel under your eyes.
- Let it get absorbed, before washing it off.
- Instead of fresh Aloe Vera gel, you can buy Aloe Vera gel (processed one) from the local market.
- Do not let gel enter into your eyes.
- Apply it 2 times a day to avoid bags under eyes.
3.) Strawberries to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags
Strawberries is one of the best home remedies for under eye bags treatment. Strawberries contain an Alpha-Hydroxyl Acid, which is essential for smooth and young skin. It is also useful to reduce swelling, dark circles and puffiness due to its excellent anti oxidant properties.
Directions to Use Strawberries to Reduce Bagginess Under Eyes:
- Freeze some strawberries in the freezer for an hour.
- After 1 hour, take out the strawberries and cut them in slices.
- Keep the slices over your eyes for 5-10 minutes.
- Do this 2 times a day to get rid of under eye bags.
4.) Cold Spoons to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags Fast
It is among the speedy, uncomplicated and incredibly brilliant methods to get rid of under eye bags. This method helps in reducing the bagginess by tightening the skin under your eyes. It allow your blood vessel to rest, which in turn reduces swelling and inflammation around eyes. Here is the method.
Directions to Use Cold Spoon for Swollen Eyes:
- Keep some metal spoon in the freezer for half an hour.
- After half an hour take these spoons out.
- Hold the spoon against your eye and hang around until it gets warm.
- Then switch to the other cold spoons.
- Do it 4-5 times a day to get rid of under eye bags fast.
5.) Cucumbers to Cure Under Eye Bags Naturally and Fast
Cucumber’s cooling properties are very helpful for soothing eye. And, because of its astringent properties, cucumber aid in diminishing inflammation as well. It helps to reduce wrinkles and dark circles around your eyes. Plus, cucumber gives cooling effects to the eye. It also prevent water retention under eyes.
Directions to Use Cucumbers to Prevent Under Eye Bags:
- Keep the cucumber slices in freezer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take out the frozen slices. Place them over your eyes.
- Replace the slices with the cold one as they start to get warm.
- Apply this remedy 3 to 4 times a day.
6.) Milk to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags
Milk includes fat, which softens the skin. It also includes Protein, Amino Acid, Lactic Acid, Vitamin A & Vitamin D etc. All these nutrients helps to alleviate swelling and bagginess under your eyes effectively and naturally. Here is the method.
Directions to Use Milk for Bags Under Eyes Treatment:
- Pour some whole milk (because of high fat content) in a bowl.
- Soak a clean and dry piece of cloth in the whole milk.
- Keep the milk soaked cloth on your eyes for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Do this procedure 2 times a day, to get rid of under eye bags.
7.) Tea as a Remedy to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags
Tea is known to have fine anti inflammatory properties. Thus, it is quite useful in soothing and reducing the puffiness under the eyes. It helps in getting rid of redness too. You can take black tea or green tea. Here is the method.
Directions to Use Tea for Baggy Eyes Treatment:
- Dip 3 to 4 tea bags in a boiled water and leave them for a few minutes.
- Place the tea bag (after it cool down) on your eyelid and cover them with cotton for 20 minutes.
- Do this process several times a day.
- Instead of tea bag, you can use loose tea as well. Just tie it in a tissue or a piece of cloth.
8.) Vitamin E to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags Fast
Vitamin-E is very helpful in getting rid of puffiness under the eyes. It also helps in diminishing fine lines and wrinkles around your eyes. It is widely used to treat different skin ailments.
Directions to Use Vitamin E for Swollen Eyes:
- Add a few drops of vitamin-E in chilled water. Mix it well.
- Dip a cotton ball and dip in this cold mixture.
- Hold this cotton ball over your eyes and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Continue this process twice daily, until the bagginess goes away.
9.) Salt to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags Fast and Naturally
A mixture of salt and hot water is another powerful remedy to treat puffy eyes. It is useful for getting rid of the fluid retention causing under eye bags. Here is the method to use it.
Directions to Use Salt for Under Eyes Bags Treatment:
- Add a quarter tsp of salt in 1 cup of hot water.
- Dip the cotton ball in the prepared solution and keep it under your eyes for a few minutes. Do not let saline water enter your eyes, as it can affect your eyes adversely.
- Continue this process 2-3 times a day to get rid of under eye bags.
10.) Water to Cure Puffy Eyes Fast
Drinking 8-10 glass of water every day, will maintain hydration levels in your body. It will also help in preventing and decreasing bulge under your eyes. Maintaining the water level will make you less prone to retention of water, which is one of the major cause for under eye bags.
11.) Egg Whites to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags
This is one of the best home remedies to get rid of under eye bags. The skin tightening properties of egg whites tightens the skin and prevents its wrinkles. Follow the procedure given below to banish under eye bags.
- Crack two eggs and remove the yolk from it.
- Whip the white part of the eggs to get a stiff consistency.
- Mix few drops of witch hazel as it is a natural astringent.
- With the help of a soft brush apply this egg mask under your eyes or on your full face.
- Let it dry completely. It will turn stiff and hard.
- After 15 minutes you can wash your face.
- Apply this egg mask in every few days to get rid of puffy eyes.
12.) Witch Hazel to Treat Under Eye Bags
Witch hazel is one of the excellent remedies to treat under eye bags. The astringent properties of witch hazel tighten the skin and make it look clear and glowing. This remedy helps to get rid of swollen eyes. Follow the procedure given below to get satisfactory results.
- Take 2 to 3 tablespoons of witch hazel in a bowl.
- Soak few cotton balls in it.
- Squeeze out the cotton balls to remove the excess solution.
- Place these cotton balls on your both eyes.
- Let it stay on the eyes for the next 20 minutes and then you can change the cotton balls.
- Repeat this method thrice a day to get rid of swollen eyes.
13.) Coffee Grounds to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes
This is one of the beneficial remedies to get rid of puffy eyes. The anti-inflammatory properties of coffee grounds minimize the puffiness and swelling. The black pepper used in this remedy increases the blood circulation and make the skin cells under the eyes healthier. There is another ingredient used that is coconut oil which brings a natural glow to the skin. Follow the procedure given below to lighten under eye bags.
- In one teaspoon of coconut oil, add half teaspoon of ground coffee beans.
- Mix a little amount of black pepper powder in it.
- Mix all these ingredients well and apply it under your eyes.
- Make sure to close your eyes. This paste should not go in the eyes.
- Allow it to stay on the face for next 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wipe your face with wet cotton.
- Repeat the method few times a week to get rid of puffy eyes.
14.) Coconut Oil to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags
This is one of the best oils to get rid of under eye bags. The lauric acid in coconut oil contains anti-inflammatory properties which makes it a good choice for eye bags. It provides the skin essential nutrients which helps in eliminating under eye bags. Follow the procedure given below to get effective results.
- Massage coconut oil on the under eye bags in clockwise and anti-clockwise direction for a few minutes.
- Leave this oil overnight on the skin. You can apply it all over your face.
- Repeat this application every night before going to bed.
15.) Baking Soda to Reduce Under Eye Bags
This is one of the best home remedies to reduce under eye bags. This natural exfoliant cleanses the skin, removes the impurities and makes the skin look glowing. It increases the blood flow in the skin and minimizes the under eye bags. Follow the procedure given below to get noticeable results.
- In one cup of hot water, mix one teaspoon of baking soda.
- Soak a few cotton pads in it for a few minutes.
- Squeeze the cotton to removes excess water and then place it on your eyes.
- After 15 to 20 minutes, remove the cotton pads.
- Wash your face with cold water and use a good moisturizer.
- Repeat this method once every day to get rid of puffy eyes.
16.) Fresh Butter to Reduce Puffy Eyes
This is one of the natural methods to reduce puffy eyes. Butter is greasy in nature which moisturizes the skin instantly. It is an excellent choice to avoid itching, dullness, irritation and patchiness. Follow the procedure given below to get visible results.
- Take one tablespoon of fresh butter and massage it under your eyes.
- Continue massaging in circular strokes for atleast 15 minutes.
- Leave it for the next 15 minutes so that nutrients are completely absorbed by the skin.
- Wash the face and eyes with warm water to eliminate under eye bags completely.
17.) Vitamin K to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags
This is one of the most effective home remedies to get rid of under eye bags. One of the major reasons behind swelled eyes and under eye bags is deficiency of vitamin K in the body. Vitamin K is also important for good blood circulation in the body. All you need to do is include lots of vitamin K foods in your daily diet. Some of the foods rich in vitamin K are carrots, green leafy vegetables, sprouts, broccoli, strawberries and liver.
18.) Petroleum Jelly to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes
This is one of the best methods to get rid of puffy eyes. Petroleum jelly repairs the damaged skin cells and keeps the skin moisturized and nourished. It also reduces the soreness, swelling and irritation caused by under eye bags. Follow the procedure given below to treat under eye bags.
- Massage some petroleum jelly under the eyes.
- Continue massaging around the eyes for a couple of minutes.
- Repeat this treatment every night to eliminate under eye bags.
19.) Increase Collagen in Your Daily Diet
Collage repairs the damaged skin cells, regenerated new skin cells and gives the skin elasticity and strength. It is one of the most abundant protein that is found in our muscles, skin, tendons and bones. With age, the production of collagen in our body slows down due to which eyes become swelled, puffy and baggy. All you need to do is increase collagen levels in your body to regenerate skin cells and make the skin look firmer. You can increase the collagen levels in the body by taking collagen supplements or a chicken bone broth.
20.) Eliminate Alcohol to Treat Under Eye Bags
This is one of the beneficial ways to treat under eye bags. Drinking excessive alcohol dehydrates the body and skin. This is the reason why area around the eyes becomes dark and sunken. It makes the eyes look tired. All you need to do is avoid drinking. If you can’t stop drinking immediately, then limit it to only one glass per day. Instead of alcohol drink plenty of water to keep your eyes glowing and hydrated.
21.) Remove Makeup before Sleeping to Lighten Under Eye Bags
No doubt that makeup can make you look beautiful and classy. But this will be only for a very short time. In the long run, it will damage your skin cells. When you leave the eye makeup for all night the eyes gets watery and puffy. All you need to do is remove eye makeup before sleeping to avoid irritation in and around the eyes.
22.) Stop Smoking to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags
Smoking is injurious to health as well as to the skin. Cigarette makes the skin dry and weak. Smoking leads to premature aging. Cigarette contains chemicals that are toxic for the body and is responsible for causing dark circles and droopy eyes. All you need to do is avoid smoking.
- Drink lots of water and keep yourself hydrated all the time.
- Drink before you feel thirsty.
- Rinse your eyes several times a day with cold water.
- Reduce salt consumption in order to prevent water retention, which can cause under eye bags.
- Reduce caffeinated drinks in order to avoid dehydration.