After writing how to get pale skin?, how to get lighter skin?, and how to get fair skin fast permanently?, we are now writing the ways to get smooth skin. Having smooth and clean skin without any skin problem is the dream of every girl. Why girls only! Even boys also long for a clean and clear skin. However, everyone is not lucky. So many factors such as environmental pollution, tanning, and access oil production contribute acne, blemishes, enlarged pores, wrinkles, rough skin, patchy and other skin problems, which make our skin dull. Nevertheless, these are the part and parcel of life, which we cannot ignore. We can take precautions and follow remedies to keep these problems at the bay maintain smooth skin. Read the article further, to know about the ways to get the smooth skin.
Best Ways to Get Smooth Skin:
1.) Do The Steam Therapy
When it comes to treating your skin, your first step should be cleaning it properly. Our skin comes across many problems. All the dirt and excess oil are accumulated beneath the skin, which eventually results in skin problems. In order to get smooth skin, it is important to wipe off all the dust present in the skin. First, you have to open the pores and thus, steam them to clear everything from pores. Steam opens the pores and lets you clean the lower dermis. Boil a bowl of water; add lemon, rose water, mint leaves and other herbs in it. Then cover yourself along the bowl with a towel and inhale the steam for 7-8 minutes. For the entire body, you can opt for sauna and steam bath. Make sure the water is not too hot otherwise, it will have the opposite effect.
2.) Take Help From Mint
Mint has cooling and body enchanting properties. It is rich in menthol and can be used in various cleanser, toner, moisturizers and astringent to improve the skin tone and reduce blemishes. Mint can treat many skin problems. For example, for eliminating blemishes, apply the mint juice on your skin. For juice grind some mint and strain the left over part. Alternatively, you can also add plain yogurt in the juice. To use it as an astringent boil some water and add mint in the water. Let it boil some more time, then let the solution cool and strain it. This remedy comes handy to keep acne at the bay. Moreover, it is an ideal toner for oily skin as it wipes of the extra oil and the skin looks fresh.
3.) Use The Cucumber
Cucumber is the vital source of water that keeps your skin hydrated. It eliminates all the toxins from the body. Moreover, cucumber is rich in vitamins. It rejuvenates and replenish the skin and inhibits the growth of bacteria and other contaminants, which make the skin look dull. For instant freshness rub a slice of cucumber on the skin and rinse it when it dries. You can also add other ingredients such as oatmeal and milk to get rid of wrinkles, blackheads, acne and dry skin. Alternatively; you can use cucumber juice as a cleanser or to remove the make-up.
4.) Use The Lemon Juice
Lemon is a citrus fruit and rich source of vitamin C and other important substances that keep the skin problems away. Substances like ascorbic acid, phytoncides present in the lemon do not allow bacteria to grow in the skin and treat all skin related problems, leaving the skin smooth and fresh. This fruit is a boon for people with oily skin since it is a natural cleanser. It wipes out the excess oil and does not let the pores clog. Not only the juice but the rind of this citrus fruit is also very beneficial for the skin. Apply lemon juice on your skin to lighten the acne scars and dark spots. For smooth and soft skin add one egg white in half lemon.
5.) Use Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has antibacterial properties that beat acne-causing bacteria, therefore, it reduces blemishes and scars. It cleanses the excess oil, accumulated in the pores that give way to blackheads and whiteheads. Tea tree oil does not dry the skin and moreover, it works on every skin tone. However, it’s better to not apply the oil directly on the clean. First, clean your skin and add half spoon of water in couple of drops of tea tree oil and then apply it to the skin with a cotton ball. Read article on tea tree oil uses and tea tree oil for acne.
6.) Apply The Honey
Honey is a natural moisturizer and balances the pH level of the skin and gives you smooth and supple skin. You can apply honey in any form. Either, put it in raw form and rinse your skin after 10 minutes or add egg white in it and after applying the mask wash your face after 20 minutes with cold water. To remove the smell of the egg wash your face with the mild face wash or soap that suits your skin. Alternatively, you can add the cinnamon powder in honey and apply it on the skin. Wash it next morning and see the difference.
7.) Apply The Aloe-Vera Gel
Aloe-vera also known as miracle plant is a solution for all the skin problems. Either you want to get rid of dryness, acne, blemishes, or any other skin problem, just apply aloe-vera gel your all the skin problems will disappear. Peel off the upper layer of the plant and scratch the gel with a spoon. Apply the gel directly on the skin and rinse it when it dries. For skin exfoliating mask add lemon juice and honey in the gel and apply it on your face and neck area. Wash it after 15-20 minutes. For glowing skin follow this remedy twice in a week.
8.) Tomato Will Help
Tomato not only add flavor in the food rather they have cosmetic benefits as well. From curing large pores or reducing rashes and acne to treat sunburn, tomato can heal any skin related problem and bid adieu to dull skin. For instant help, rub a half cut tomato on the skin and rinse it when it dries. Instead of raw tomato, you can also apply tomato puree as well. Blend some tomatoes and then strain them. While straining, the seeds will be removed and you will be left with thick puree. However, after rinsing do apply moisturizer since tomato tends to dry the skin.
9.) Make Papaya Mask
Papaya contains papain, a natural enzyme that has antibacterial and healing properties. The enzymes treat the damaged skin and revive glow on skin. Papaya can be used in a number of ways. For example, if you want to use as a toner then mash few pieces of papaya and apply it on the face. After 15-20 minutes, wash the face with lukewarm water. If you are running out of time, then you can directly rub ripe papaya on your face and rinse it after 15 minutes. To lighten your skin complexion, add lemon juice to it.
10.) Drink Plenty of Water
Last but not the least, drink plenty of water to keep all the skin related problems at the bay. Water flushes out all the waste and toxins from the body. One should drink at least 8-10 glasses of water in a day. Moreover, add water-rich fruits in your diet. However, avoid sugar, coffee and carbonated drinks.
11.) Olive Oil to Get Smooth Skin
This is one of the excellent remedies to get smooth skin. Olive oil is a natural moisturizer that makes the skin shiny and smooth. Olive oil contains polyphenols and flavonoids which protects the skin from radicals and prevents skin damage. It is an excellent choice to repair the damaged skin cells and make the skin soft. Follow the steps given below for smooth skin.
- Take few drops of olive oil and massage it all over your face and neck.
- Massage in upward circles on the cheeks, forehead and nose for atleast 2 to 3 minutes.
- Soak a clean towel in warm water. Take it out and squeeze out the extra water.
- Place the towel on the face and neck for about 40 to 50 seconds.
- Take the towel again and wipe away the oil.
- Use a paper towel to dry the face.
- Repeat this method every night to get flawless skin.
12.) Cod Liver Oil to Get Glowing and Smooth Skin
This is one of the beneficial home remedies to get glowing and smooth skin. The omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin A, D, EPA present in cod liver oil makes it a perfect choice for skin. This oil repairs the damaged skin cells and nourishes the skin. Follow the steps given below to get a radiant glow on the face.
- Use a pin to prick cod liver oil capsules.
- Apply this oil on your face and neck.
- Massage in circular motions for the next 3 to 4 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, wash your face with a mild cleanser.
- Repeat this method every day to get smooth skin.
13.) Saffron to Get Smooth Skin
This is an ancient remedy used to get smooth and glowing skin. The antioxidants is saffron makes it a good choice for skin. It is a good choice for clear and healthy skin. It also protects the skin from the UV rays of the sun. Follow the steps given below to get radiant glow on the skin.
- In one tablespoon of honey, soak some saffron strands.
- Massage this honey paste on your face and neck.
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser after 10 minutes.
- Repeat this process 3 to 4 times in a week to get smooth skin.
14.) Banana to Get Smooth and Flawless Skin
This is one of the best remedies to get smooth and flawless skin. Banana contains vitamins such as A, B, C and minerals like potassium which hydrates and nourishes the skin. It lightens blemishes and makes the skin soft. Follow the steps given below to get shiny and soft skin.
- Mash a banana and mix 2 teaspoons of milk in it.
- Apply it all over your neck and face.
- After 15 to 20 minutes, rinse your face with water.
- Rub an ice cube on your neck and face for a couple of seconds.
- Do this atleast two times a week to get soft and smooth skin.
15.) Rose Water to Get Smooth and Soft Skin
This is one of the best home remedies to get smooth and soft skin. This natural skin toner refreshes and cleans the skin. It increases the blood circulation due to which skin looks bright and smooth. Rose water also maintains the pH level of the skin. Follow the steps given below to get radiant glow on the skin.
- Store the rose water in the fridge for atleast 30 minutes.
- With the help of a cotton ball apply rose water all over your face and neck.
- Repeat this method every morning and night to get smooth skin.
16.) Milk to Get Smooth Skin
This is one of the best methods to get smooth and soft skin. It is an age old remedy for radiant and healthy skin. The saturated fats, calcium and protein in milk makes it skin friendly. The honey used in this remedy is known for its moisturizing and anti-bacterial properties. Follow the steps given below to get radiant glow on the skin.
- Mix one teaspoon each of gram flour and honey.
- Add 2 teaspoons of milk and mix well to make a homogenous paste.
- Massage this paste on your neck and face.
- Leave it for about 20 minutes so that it dries completely.
- Wash your face with warm water and mild cleanser.
- Repeat this treatment two times in a week to get smooth skin.
17.) Carrot Juice to Get Soft and Flawless Skin
This is one of the most effective home remedies to get soft and flawless skin. The antioxidants present in carrot juice destroy the free radicals and makes the skin cleaner. The beta-carotene and vitamin A in carrot juice improves the health and texture of the skin. It is also an excellent choice for improving eye sight. Follow the steps given below to get smooth skin.
- Take 4 to 5 carrots and a small piece of peeled ginger.
- Extract the juice and dilute it with water.
- Drink this juice every morning to get soft and smooth skin.
18.) Green Tea to Get Smooth Skin
This is one of the wonderful home remedies to get smooth skin. The richness of flavonoids in green tea increases the production of collagen in the skin. It makes the skin glow and maintains its elasticity. It is a perfect solution for reversing the ageing signs. Follow the steps given below to get soft and shiny skin.
- Boil some green tea leaves in a cup of water.
- Boil it until the leaves impart its color.
- Take two tablespoons of this water in a bowl.
- Mix one teaspoon of cream and two teaspoons of brown sugar.
- Apply this mixture all over your face and neck and scrub in circular motions.
- After 10 minutes, wash your face with clean water.
- Repeat this method two times a week to get smooth skin.
19.) Baking Soda to Get Soft and Flawless Skin
This is one of the excellent home remedies to get soft and flawless skin. It exfoliates the skin and removes the dead skin cells. It also maintains the pH level of the skin. Baking soda is a perfect solution for glowing skin. Follow the steps given below to get glowing skin.
- Mix one teaspoon each of baking soda and olive oil.
- Apply this paste evenly on your damp neck and face.
- Rub it on your face in circular motions for atleast 10 minutes.
- Wash your face with cool water and use a good moisturizer.
- Apply this pack once in a week to get glowing skin.
20.) Coconut Oil to Get Soft and Smooth Skin
This is one of the beneficial remedies to get soft and smooth skin. It is a perfect solution for dull and dry skin. The fatty acids in coconut oil nourish the skin and lock the moisture. The antioxidants and phenolic acid gives a glowing skin. Follow the steps given below to get soft and shiny skin.
- Warm up coconut oil and apply it on your neck and face.
- Massage the coconut oil in circular motions for a few minutes.
- Leave the oil overnight on the skin.
- Repeat this remedy every night before going to bed to get soft and shiny skin.
21.) Bitter Gourd to Get Smooth and Flawless Skin
This is one of the best remedies to get smooth and flawless skin. This vegetable purifies the blood and makes the skin look glowing. Follow the steps given below to get soft and glowing skin.
- Peel 2 to 3 bitter gourds and remove the seeds from them.
- Grind it and mix 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Add black pepper powder and salt for taste.
- Drink this bitter gourd juice every day to get smooth skin.
22.) Orange Peel to Get Smooth Skin
This is one of the excellent choice to get smooth skin. The vitamin C and citric acid present in orange peel refreshes the skin and cleans it. It tightens the skin and makes it look glowing. Follow the steps given below to get soft and shiny skin.
- Grind few pieces of orange peel to make a fine powder.
- Add two teaspoons of rose water in it to form a paste.
- Apply it evenly all over your neck and face.
- Wait for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with cool water.
- Repeat this process 2 to 3 times a week to get soft and smooth skin.
Useful Tips to Get Smooth Skin:
- Keep your skin clean. Use skin exfoliating face wash regularly.
- Apply anti-suntan cream before stepping out.
- Always have a balanced diet and avoid spicy and fatty food
- Consult your dermatologist regularly. Use beauty creams, which suit your skin type.