If you are looking to know about how to give someone a hickey, then you have come to the right place. This article is about how to give someone a hickey? Read this article to know about giving a love bite to your partner. What is a Hickey? Don’t be confused with the word ‘Hickey’. It is a love bite or sign of love that is given by your partner. It is a very embarrassing situation when you are going outside with a hickey. However, you can hide hickey by covering any cloth, band-aid or make-up. When the boy or the girl sucks your skin or flesh, then the blood vessels broken under the skin and you get a red mark like a bruise. Your partner can give hickey on any part of your body, especially on the neck. Hickey can heal slowly or quickly depending on your skin. But it can last more than a week. Once it gets healed, then there will be no mark or scar.
How Long Does a Hickey Last?
If a hickey is not treated then it can last 5 to 12 days. Some hickeys take a longer time to heal. Hickeys fade away slowly.
Ways to Give Someone a Hickey:
- Ways to Give Someone a Hickey:
- Ways to Hide Hickey:
- Ways to Remove a Hickey:
- 1.) Ice to Remove a Hickey Fast
- 2.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Hickey Naturally
- 3.) Banana Peel to Heal a Hickey Fast
- 4.) Hot Compress to Treat a Hickey
- 5.) Massage to Treat a Hickey Fast & Naturally
- 6.) Rubbing Alcohol to Get Rid of a Hickey
- 7.) Vitamin K to Heal a Hickey
- 8.) Peppermint to Treat a Hickey
- 9.) Cocoa Butter to Get Rid of a Hickey
- 10.) Oranges to Heal a Hickey
- 11.) Coin Method to Get Rid of a Hickey
- 12.) Vinegar to Cure a Hickey
- 13.) Aspirin to Heal a Hickey
- 14.) Toothbrush to Get Rid of a Hickey
- 15.) Tea Bags to Treat a Hickey
As you don’t need any special skills or technique to give someone a hickey because it is just like kissing tightly. But we are providing you some guidelines to give hickey or love bite to your partner. These methods will definitely help you to give a hickey.
1.) Understand Hickey to Give a Hickey
Before giving someone a hickey, you should know what a hickey is. A hickey is a kiss mark or love bite, especially a bruise which is caused by sucking or kissing aggressively someone’s flesh or skin. Initially, it is red in color, due to broken blood vessels it turns purple or dark brown in color.
2.) Reasons to Give Someone a Hickey
Hickeys are a sign of passion during making out moment, out of desire you give to your lover. Giving someone a hickey shows your territory and telling about your love towards your partner. Hickey is not only for girls or guys, it is for both. Anyone can give and receive hickey.
3.) Ask For Permission to Give Someone a Hickey
It is not necessary that everyone like a hickey. Some people don’t want to get hickey as it is an embarrassing mark. If you are a school going person and not open to your relationship, then definitely you want to avoid getting a hickey. So don’t try to give a hickey without his/her permission. Always ask your partner before giving a hickey.
4.) Build up Attention to Give Someone a Hickey
Don’t try to give a hickey without building attention. First, enjoy kissing or French kissing whatever your partner like most. Then move your lips on your partner’s neck. Start doing with light kisses, then move into harder kisses on the neck and collarbone. If your partner enjoying it, then move into giving a hickey or love bite.
5.) Choose Your Location to Give Someone a Hickey
Once you build up attention through kissing or foreplay. Now it is your turn to choose the location where you want to give the hickey. Hickey works well on delicate and thin skin which is usually found on lips, neck, nose, thigh, etc. But don’t try to give hickey in the middle of the throat where anybody can see. The side of the back of the neck and collar bones is the best option as they can be covered with long hair or T-shirt.
6.) Suck and Bite to Give Someone a Hickey
When your partner starts moaning it is a signal that he or she is really enjoying it. In this case, you need to kiss the area more tightly or say more aggressively. Keep using your tongue to lubricate the area. You need to understand that you need not use your teeth while giving a hickey. If you use your teeth, you will leave slobber on the neck of your partner. Now, gently suck the particular area for 30 seconds. In these 30 seconds, the capillaries will break and the mark of hickey will appear on the skin.
Use your whole mouth to suck the skin instead of using your lips. Suck the area for 2 to 3 minutes and keep kissing during sucking. And use your tongue to pleasure your lover. When you end up with this process, then you will see the hickey mark. If it doesn’t visible, then you can bite your partner little hard. Hickey marks stay for 2 to 3 days or about a week.
Ways to Hide Hickey:
After getting a hickey, you will definitely look for hiding it. So we are here to help you to hide a hickey.
1.) Use concealer to Hide Hickey
- Use concealer or heavy makeup to hide your hickey.
- But make sure use a color that matches your skin.
- Using concealer is the best and effective way to hide a hickey.
2.) Wear a Scarf to Hide a Hickey
- A scarf is a fashionable item which no one will put a question on it.
- Wear a scarf or wrap it around your neck to hide a hickey.
- You can also wear a turtleneck or putting your long hair down.
3.) Use Band-Aid to Hide Hickey
- Using a band-aid will effectively help you to hide a hickey.
- Having a band-aid on the neck and on the arm will look obvious.
4.) Artificial Tattoos to Hide Hickey
- Artificial tattoos are the best way to hide a hickey.
- Get artificial tattoos on the neck or on hand so that you can remove it late on.
- Make sure not to get permanent tattoos as they won’t be removed.
Ways to Remove a Hickey:
1.) Ice to Remove a Hickey Fast
Using an ice is one of the best home remedies for removing hickey. Ice can relieve swelling or pain and make the mark invisible.
- Take a clean cloth and wrap the ice pack in this cloth. Then place this cloth on your hickey or love bite.
- You can also use a cooled spoon instead of using an ice pack.
- Leave the ice for at least 20 minutes and apply it many times a day.
2.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Hickey Naturally
Aloe Vera works as a natural moisturizer that will help to reduce the appearance of the love mark.
- Take some Aloe Vera gel and massage the gel to your affected skin.
- Repeat this Aloe Vera remedy 2 or 3 times a day.
- You can also apply aloe vera based lotion or cream on the bruise 2 to 3 times a day.
3.) Banana Peel to Heal a Hickey Fast
The soothing and cooling properties in banana peel helps to minimize your hickey.
- Take a ripe banana peel and cut it.
- Place the inside part of the peel on the love bite for half an hour.
- Do it 2 or 3 times a day to minimize the appearance of the hickey.
4.) Hot Compress to Treat a Hickey
The heating pad is also one of the best and effective home remedies for healing bruise. Heat helps to increase the blood flow and open up blood vessels which can speed up the healing process.
- Place a heating pad on the affected skin area.
- Apply this heating pad for 20 minutes many times a day.
5.) Massage to Treat a Hickey Fast & Naturally
- Massaging with fingers is the best way to remove a hickey.
- Use your fingers to gently massage the affected area and do it 2 times a day for a few minutes.
- This method helps to promote circulation and speed up the healing process.
6.) Rubbing Alcohol to Get Rid of a Hickey
This is one of the best home remedies to get rid of a hickey. The mitigating, disinfectant, and cooling properties of rubbing alcohol will heal the hickey fast. Here are the steps given below to treat a hickey. This is one of the right elements of hickey. Rubbing liquor will minimize the discomfort caused by hickey.
- Soak a cotton ball in rubbing alcohol.
- Apply it on the hickey for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Repeat this remedy few times a day to maximize the benefits.
- Alcohol can dry your skin. So, it is suggested to use a good moisturizer after applying alcohol.
7.) Vitamin K to Heal a Hickey
This is one of the most natural remedies to heal a hickey fast. Vitamin K is a wonderful remedy for treating wounds. This vitamin helps the body to reabsorb pooled blood and accelerates the healing process. Here are some ways to use vitamin K to heal a hickey.
- Include vitamin K rich foods such as broccoli, fish oil, cocoa rice and spinach in your daily diet.
- You can even apply a vitamin K rich cream on the hickey. Apply it 3 to 4 times a day to speed up the healing process.
8.) Peppermint to Treat a Hickey
This is one of the most amazing remedies to treat a hickey. Peppermint contains stimulant properties that encourages the blood flow and heals the hickey fast. It also mends the slender vessels. The cooling properties of peppermint will give you relief from the discomfort caused by hickey. Follow the steps given below to treat a hickey.
- Massage some peppermint oil on you’re the affected part of the skin.
- There will be a shivering sensation, but relax! It will go away soon.
- Use this twice or thrice a day to heal the hickey fast.
- Alternatively, apply some peppermint based toothpaste on the hickey for a few minutes. After the shivering stops, wipe off the area with warm water.
9.) Cocoa Butter to Get Rid of a Hickey
This is one of the best remedies to get rid of a hickey. The healing properties of cocoa butter are perfect for bruises like hickey. It moisturizes the skin and encourages the growth of new skin tissues. Follow the steps given below to get rid of a hickey.
- Press a hot pad against the hickey.
- Now, massage some cocoa butter on the affected area of the skin.
- It stimulates circulation and breaks the clot.
- Repeat this remedy 3 to 4 times a day for quick healing.
10.) Oranges to Heal a Hickey
This is one of the most favorable remedies to heal a hickey. Oranges are loaded with vitamin C, which is an essential nutrient to repair the damages skin tissues. It is also known for its healing properties which will be a great help. It will also help in rebuilding collagen. Here are some ways to use oranges.
- Drink one glass of fresh orange juice every day and enjoy the benefits.
- Consume 500 milligrams of vitamin C 3 times a day to heal the hickey fast.
11.) Coin Method to Get Rid of a Hickey
This is one of the best remedies to get rid of a hickey. You need to be very careful while trying out this remedy because it can make the case even worse. Follow the steps given below to get rid of a hickey.
- With the help of your finger stretch the hickey from both sides.
- With the edge of the coin scrape the hickey.
- It will push the blood around the hickey and make it thin and simpler for the body to ingest.
- Make sure you rub the hickey in an outward direction.
Note: When you scrape the hickey with the coin, the skin around it will become red. But you need not worry as this redness will go soon and the hickey will be healed.
12.) Vinegar to Cure a Hickey
This is one of the effective home remedies to cure a hickey. It helps the skin to reabsorb the pooled blood. It thins the blood underneath the skin. Follow the steps given below to cure a hickey fast.
- Take a bowl of warm water and add 2 to 3 spoons of vinegar.
- Soak a fabric in it and squeeze out the extra water.
- Place this piece of fabric on the hickey.
- Repeat the same process again.
- Do this for atleast 2 to 3 times to heal the hickey.
13.) Aspirin to Heal a Hickey
This is a great way to heal hickey fast. Though this is basically a headache medicine but at the same time it is also a good choice for hickey. It makes the course of blood better. Aspirin mends the broken capillaries and improves the circulation of blood in that area. It thins the blood which makes the task a little less tough. You can either consume aspirin internally or crush some tablets of aspirin and mix some water to make a thick paste. Cover your hickey with this paste and let it be on the skin for a few minutes. Wash it off with water. Repeat this 2 to 3 times a day to heal a hickey.
14.) Toothbrush to Get Rid of a Hickey
This is one of the best ways to get rid of a hickey. The soft bristles of toothbrush will encourage the blood flow in the affected area of the skin. All you need to do is take a toothbrush and scrape the hickey with it by applying a little pressure. Scrape it in different directions because you need to break the clot. After using it for 4 to 5 times apply a ice pack on the hickey and then start the whole process again. Don’t apply too much weight on the brush, otherwise the condition will become worse and the results will be pain and swelling.
15.) Tea Bags to Treat a Hickey
This is one of the best remedies to treat a hickey. It can be used as a warm compress on the skin. It spreads the clotted blood and speeds up the healing process. All you need to do is soak some tea bags in a cup of water. Now, place these tea bags against the hickey one by one. Keep one tea bag on the skin for atleast 3 to 4 minutes. Repeat the process 3 to 4 times a day and see the magical results.