This article is about various remedies that can be used to grow fingernails naturally. Every girl loves long nails, which she can flaunt with her favorite nail paint. Some of them get long nails easily. However, there are few, who faces nail growth problems. Thus, they spend a huge amount of their salary either to get fake nails or to grow nails. Well, both the ways are not effective. The result you get is short-lived and again you find yourself in the same problem. Instead of going for such things, go for natural and follow the remedies to grow fingernails naturally. These are effective, long-lasting and easily fit into your pocket.
Nails are made up of protein which is called keratin. Fingernails grow about one-tenth of an inch in a month. There are several factors that contribute to slow nail growth such as health problems, medications, aging process, hormonal changes in the body, chemotherapy and nutritional deficiencies. Slow and poor nail growth can be accompanied by breakage, splitting, brittle nails and other nail problems. You can promote nail growth by maintaining a healthy diet and following a proper nail care to keep your nails strong.
Best Remedies to Grow Fingernails Naturally:
- Best Remedies to Grow Fingernails Naturally:
- 1.) Coconut Oil to Grow Fingernails Naturally
- 2.) Olive Oil to Grow Long and Strong Fingernails Naturally
- 3.) Orange Juice to Grow Fingernails Naturally
- 4.) Lemon Grind to Grow Fingernails Naturally
- 5.) Flaxseed Oil to Grow Fingernails Naturally
- 6.) Stinging Nettle to Grow Fingernails Naturally
- 7.) Horsetail to Grow Fingernails Naturally
- 8.) Garlic to Grow Fingernails Naturally
- 9.) Milk to Grow Fingernails Naturally
- 10.) Healthy Diet to Grow Fingernails Naturally
1.) Coconut Oil to Grow Fingernails Naturally
Coconut oil is a boon for health. From head to toe, the oil can be used anywhere. If you want to have healthy and long nails just get a jar of coconut oil. It moisturizes the cuticles and keeps the infections and fungal nails at bay.
Steps to Use Coconut Oil to Grow Your Fingernails Fast:
- Slightly warm a tablespoon of virgin coconut oil. Massage the oil on your fingernails regularly before going to bed.
- Also, you can prepare a nail soak. Mix honey, coconut oil and essential oil such as rosemary. Warm the solution for a few seconds and then dip your fingers in it. Leave your fingers for a few minutes.
- Do this regularly for a healthy and long nails.
2.) Olive Oil to Grow Long and Strong Fingernails Naturally
Another household remedy is olive oil which can help you to grow fingernails naturally. It keeps the dryness at bay and impart nutrients to the cuticles, which is required to grow healthy nails. Moreover, it is a good source of vitamin E that stimulates blood circulation.
Steps to Use Olive Oil to Grow Fingernails Faster:
- Apply, some warm olive oil on your fingers and massage it over the nails and cuticles for a few minutes. Do this before going to bed.
- Alternatively, in a small bowl add 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil and a teaspoon of lemon juice. Soak your fingers in it for a few minutes. Later, rinse your fingers with warm water.
- Do this regularly for a few months to see visible results.
3.) Orange Juice to Grow Fingernails Naturally
Orange juice is loaded with vitamin C. The nutrient is good for the skin. It promotes the production of collagen and provides sufficient nutrients to your nail cuticles. Moreover, the folic acid present in the juice helps in nail growth.
Steps to Use Orange Juice to Grow Nails Longer and Faster:
- Add a cup of lemon juice in a bowl and soak your fingers in it for a few minutes.
- Later, rinse your fingers with warm water and apply moisturizer to beat the dryness.
- Do this regularly to get long and healthy nails.
4.) Lemon Grind to Grow Fingernails Naturally
Like orange, lemon is also loaded with the goodness of vitamin C. It combats with pale nails and helps to get healthy nails.
Steps to Use Lemon to Grow Fingernails Overnight:
- Cut a lemon into 2 pieces and rub the upper part of the lemon on the fingernails and then dip you fingers in lukewarm water for a few minutes. Again rub lemon’s grind, soak you nails in warm water.
- Repeat this 2-3 times. This will help you to clean your nails and add shine to it.
- Alternatively, in a tablespoon of olive oil, mix juice of half lemon. Massage it over the nails for a while and then rinse your nails with lukewarm water.
5.) Flaxseed Oil to Grow Fingernails Naturally
Flaxseed oil contains omega-3 fatty acids and various nutrients, which are good for nails. It boosts the nail growth. Also, it comes handy for treating brittle and cracked nails.
Steps to Use Flaxseed Oil to Make Your Nails Longer:
- Massage flaxseed oil on the fingers and fingernails.
- Cover your nails with gloves or something else to retain the moisturizer.
- Later rinse you fingers with warm water.
- Follow this remedy for lustrous, healthy and long nails.
6.) Stinging Nettle to Grow Fingernails Naturally
Stinging nettle is in use for centuries to cure nail problems. The herb contains essential minerals and nutrients, which boost the growth of the nails and also helps you to counter nails problems.
Steps to Use Stinging Nettle to Grow Fingernails Quickly:
- Boil a glass of water. When the water is boiled, add a few leaves of stinging nettle in it. Boil it for a few minutes more.
- Remove it and then leave it to cool at room temperature.
- It should be slightly warm so that you can soak your fingers in it.
- Soak your fingers for a few minutes.
- Do this daily to get healthy and long nails.
7.) Horsetail to Grow Fingernails Naturally
We aren’t talking about the horsetail. The one we are talking about is a medicinal plant, which comes handy for aesthetic purposes. The herb also helps to grow healthy and strong nails.
Steps to Use Horsetail to Get Longer Nails:
- Boil 2 cups of water, after a few minutes, add a pinch of horsetail stem in it.
- Later strain the water and soak your nails in it for 15-20 minutes.
- Do this regularly to get healthy and long nails.
- Horsetail tea is also equally beneficial.
8.) Garlic to Grow Fingernails Naturally
Yes, garlic apart from health benefits, it also helps to grow fingernails naturally. The best way to use it is just chew a few cloves of garlic early in the morning.
Steps to Use Garlic to Grow Fingernails in a Week:
- For nails, crush the garlic and add a few drops of water in it to make a smooth paste.
- Apply, the paste over the fingernails and leave it for a few minutes.
- Rinse off your hands when it dries.
- It keeps your nails clean, healthy and inhibits the growth of bacteria.
9.) Milk to Grow Fingernails Naturally
A glass of milk not only makes your bones strong, but also gives you glowing skin, hair and nails.
Steps to Use Milk to Grow Nails Faster:
- In a big bowl, add half cup of milk and lemon juice.
- Dip your fingers in it for 25-20 minutes.
- Later, rinse your fingers with warm water.
- Do this regularly for shiny and healthy nails.
10.) Healthy Diet to Grow Fingernails Naturally
This one is a must remedy that you should follow religiously. If you don’t consume healthy diet then it will directly show on your nails and the skin. Moreover, the above remedies will also be not able to do anything. So, make sure you have balanced and nutritious diet, which includes biotin and all the other essential nutrients, which makes you beautiful from outside, but from inside also.
- By taking multi-vitamins you can speed up the growth of fingernails.
- Do some exercises daily to grow nails longer and faster.
- Don’t use nail polish that contain toluene, formaldehyde or sulfonamide.
- By applying petroleum jelly on your hands and nails you can keep your nails moisturized.
- Trip and cut your nails regularly to grow them faster.
- Drink green tea daily as it will improve the quality of your fingernails.
- Don’t bite your nails as it can make your nails weak.
- Keep your cuticles and nails clean to prevent your nails from fungal infection.