This article is about different remedies to heal armpit rashes. A rash can turn your skin red and blotchy. It also causes spots on your skin and makes it bumpy, scaly, and flaky. It can occur at so many places on your body, one such place is armpit. If you wear a shirt that is not washed properly or treated with any chemical or certain detergent, then it may cause rashes under your armpit. It may even occur due to infection caused by the ingrown hair from shaving. So, if you are having armpit rashes, then it is really important to heal armpit rashes as soon as possible. It can be healed by using various natural ways.
Causes of Armpit Rashes:
- Due to cosmetics, dyes and detergents
- Industrial chemicals that are found in elastic, latex and rubber
- Poison ivy and oak
Symptoms of Armpit Rashes:
- Formation of bruises
- Itchiness in rashes
- Pus or discharge from rashes
- Redness, warmth, or swelling
- Experiencing tenderness or pain in rashes
What is an Armpit Rash?
An armpit is a perfect breeding ground for bacteria in your body. It is a dark and moist place where bacteria grow and produce odor. And this is the main reason behind the people who use deodorant. But at times, the deodorant and microbes may work against you which may cause rashes in your armpits. If we talk about rashes then they occur in different sizes, shapes, and cause various symptoms. Some rashes are raised patches while others are itchy red bumps. People may think that armpit rashes occur due to poor hygiene, but it is a complete myth. The basic reason behind the formation of armpit rashes is the product you use to get rid of foul odor or armpit hair.
Ways to Heal Armpit Rashes:
Here are few important natural treatments that you may follow to get rid of armpit rashes.
1.) Wear Loose and Comfortable Clothes
If you are having armpit rashes then wear loose clothes that are comfortable and that allows your skin to breathe. Don’t wear tight clothes as rubbing can cause a lot of irritation on the affected skin. Also, don’t wear clothes that contain material that is allergic for you. Wash your clothes with non-irritant detergent and don’t use fabric softener at any cost. It is one of the best ways to heal armpit rashes from your skin.
2.) Stop Shaving Your Arms If it Causes Irritation
Shaving may cause skin infection and irritation if you shave the ingrown hair. Therefore, it is really very important to avoid shaving if it causes irritation on your skin. If you want to remove hairs then try waxing or depilatory (hair removing agent) instead of shaving. It is another great way to heal armpit rashes completely.
3.) Don’t Use Soaps, Deodorants and Powders that Causes Skin Irritation
Deodorants contain certain fragrances, aluminum, alcohol and parabens, all such ingredients may cause the trigger in a rash. Therefore, it is really important to avoid them at any cost.
Try to use fragrance-free deodorants and soap. It is a great step to healing armpit rashes.
4.) Use Olive Oil to Heal Armpit Rashes
Few essential oils may do wonders on the rashes. Use extra virgin olive oil to heal armpit rashes. It is not only a great moisturizer for the skin, but it even promotes skin renewal. It is also a great antioxidant that facilitates healing and reduces itching on the skin. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Simply rub extra-virgin olive oil on the affected skin. If you don’t have extra-virgin olive oil, then you may also prepare a combination of equal parts of honey and olive oil and apply it on the rashes for a few times on a regular basis to heal armpit rashes.
- The other alternative way is to add little turmeric powder to some olive oil and mix it well. Now, apply this mixture on the rashes directly 2-3 times a day for a few days.
5.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Armpit Rashes
Baking soda helps a lot in drying out the skin rashes. Moreover, it also provides great relief in inflammation and itching. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- You may also prepare a mixture by adding one part baking soda to three parts water. Mix it well and apply this mixture on the affected area to heal armpit rashes. Leave it on for a few minutes on the rashes before washing it off with water. Apply this remedy on a regular basis for few days.
- You may also prepare other mixture by mixing baking soda with some coconut oil together. Apply this paste on the affected skin and leave it for about 5 minutes. After this, wash it off with water. Repeat this remedy 1-2 times in a day to heal armpit rashes.
6.) Apply Aloe Vera to Heal Armpit Rashes
Aloe Vera contains various properties like anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, emollient, and anti-fungal properties. All such properties make aloe Vera an excellent remedy for treating a number of skin problems including rashes. It also contains amazing healing properties and reduces itching and inflammation. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Cut a fresh aloe Vera leaf and extract juice from it.
- Apply this gel on the affected area.
- Now, leave this gel on the affected area for at least 20 minutes.
- After this, just rinse it off.
- Apply this remedy two times in a day until the rashes disappear.
7.) Use Cold Compress to Heal Armpit Rashes
A cold compress can be very beneficial in reducing rashes that are caused by heat, poison ivy, insect bites, and shingles. It provides great relief in the blisters, to use this remedy follow these steps:
- Take a plastic bag and put few ice cubes in it. Now, place this plastic bag on the affected area for a few minutes. Repeat this process a few times on a regular basis.
- The other alternate way is to put washcloth that is dipped in cold water and keep it on the rashes for 10 minutes.
8.) Coriander to Heal Armpit Rashes
It is an amazing Ayurvedic remedy that can heal itchy rashes easily. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Prepare a paste of ground coriander leaves and apply it on the affected area. Now, leave it at least for half an hour on the affected area, and then wash it off. Apply this remedy once or twice a day for a few days to heal armpit rashes.
- Take the cup of water and boil it. Add few coriander seeds in boiling water. Drink this tea once on a regular basis until the rash heals completely.
- You may also drink the cup of coriander juice on a regular basis to cure armpit rashes.
9.) Drink Chamomile Tea to Heal Armpit Rashes
Chamomile tea provides great relief in rashes and it also provides the amazing soothing effect on the skin. It can even relieve itching, reduces inflammation and promotes healing due to the presence of anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant properties. So, start drinking chamomile tea on a regular basis to heal armpit rashes.
10.) Consult a Dermatologist
If the fungal infection doesn’t clear up due to the presence of rashes, then also consult a dermatologist to examine the root cause of the armpit rashes. He/she will prescribe the right medicines to treat armpit rashes.
Few Facts About Armpit Rashes:
Here are the few facts about armpit rashes:
- Razors are considered one of the most common culprits for armpit rashes. If you shave your skin harshly, then surely it will cause irritation which may result in the formation of armpit rashes.
- The temperature also plays a major role in giving birth to the armpit rashes. The main cause of the formation of heat rash on your skin is constant perspiration when your sweat ducts are blocked.
- Friction also causes irritation in your armpits.
- Contact dermatitis is a very common problem of skin irritation.
- It is really important to use the right kind of products as they may cause a lot of damage to your skin. Instead of using chemical-rich products, just go for herbal ones.