In this article we will talk about how to heal cracked feet. We all aspire to be beautiful but beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. For some may be attracted to faces, some to the body and some to the legs and feet. While we all make sure to take care of the first two, in the process we completely ignore the third one. Our foot forms an essential part of our body. There are many among us who like to flaunt this very part of our body. But for many it is a case of public embarrassment. The reason for the same is what we call cracked feet.
Cracked feet are the development of fissures along the different areas of the foot as a whole. Cracked heels are a simply a small part of the same process. Today there are who suffer from the same leading to great nuisance and public embarrassment. In many cases, if the condition becomes worse it can lead to more severe issues. Therefore it becomes all the more important to get rid of the same. So in this article we will talk about ways on how to heal cracked feet.
Causes of Cracked Feet:
- Dry feet
- Being obese can also result in cracked feet.
- Not moisturising your feet.
- Living in a cold climate.
- Taking bath in extreme temperatures.
Symptoms of Cracked Heels:
- Redness on the Skin area around the feet.
- Development of cracks.
- Bleeding from the cracks.
How to Heal Cracked Feet?
- How to Heal Cracked Feet?
- 1.) Banana to Heal Cracked Feet
- 2.) Olive Oil to Heal Cracked Feet
- 3.) Rice Water to Heal Cracked Feet
- 4.) Turmeric to Heal Cracked Feet
- 5.) Exfoliation to Heal Cracked Feet
- 6.) Honey to Heal Cracked Feet
- 7.) Pumice Stone to Heal Cracked Feet
- 8.) Oats to Heal Cracked Feet
- 9.) Salt to Heal Cracked Feet
- 10.) Proper Diet to Heal Cracked Feet
1.) Banana to Heal Cracked Feet
One of the great ways to cure cracked feet is to use fruit power. For this purpose a banana can come in handy.
- Take a fresh banana and mash it up.
- Add a few drops of water or essential oil.
- Create a paste of the mixture and carefully apply the paste all over the cracked areas.
- Leave it there for at least 30 minutes and then wash it up with cold water.
- Do this regularly and your cracks will disappear.
2.) Olive Oil to Heal Cracked Feet
If you are a regular reader of our website then you would notice the constant mention of olive oil, especially when it comes to skin care. The healing properties of olive oil have been discussed here in length several times. Considering its reputation it is also a great remedy for cracked feet.
- Dip a cotton ball in olive oil.
- Apply the oil all over the cracked area in a rotational motion.
- Keep moving until you cover all the necessary area.
- Leave it there and continue the process on a daily basis.
- You will notice the cracks will start to heal.
3.) Rice Water to Heal Cracked Feet
This may surprise you a bit but sometimes the waste products are full of nutrients. The is true in the case of rice. The extra water that is removed during cooking is called rice starch. Rice starch is known to be full of essential nutrients and vitamins. Mixing baking soda to the same can do wonders for your skin. All of you have to is soak your feet in the mixture every alternate day. Apply a moisturiser after the soaking for added benefits.
4.) Turmeric to Heal Cracked Feet
Turmeric is one of the most renowned herbs especially in central asia. Used not only for cooking it forms an essential ingredient for natural herbal treatment. Turmeric has antibacterial and anti fungal properties and hence can help to heel cracked feet.
- Add turmeric powder with any essential oil to form a paste.
- Apply the paste over the cracked skin.
- Make sure that no area gets ignored.
- Let it remain there for a minimum of 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water and pat the skin dry.
- Do on a regular basis to heal all the cracks.
5.) Exfoliation to Heal Cracked Feet
Exfoliation is the process of getting rid of the dead skin cells, making way for new one. Cracked heals can be cured using the same process. There are several exfoliating agents available in the market. Use the one that suits your needs. If going to the market is not your thing then you can even prepare one at home by adding apple cider vinegar to rice to form an exfoliation paste. The paste can then be applied on the feet for desired results.
6.) Honey to Heal Cracked Feet
We all know of all the nutrients that honey contains. Honey out of the many healing ways can also help treat cracked feet. Simply prepare a mixture of honey and warm water. Immerse your feet in the same and then massage it. Your requisite will be cleared and cracked feet won’t come close.
7.) Pumice Stone to Heal Cracked Feet
Chemical exfoliation could be easily replaced with physical one. Thanks to the pumice stone which looks nothing like your ordinary stones. It is dark and coarse in nature, perfect for manual skin renewal therapy. Rubbing the stone around the cracked areas can easily help remove the excess calluses and impurities. Continue until you feel comfortable and after some time wash your feet with clean water. It is also advisable not to use it if the cracked feet condition has worsened.
8.) Oats to Heal Cracked Feet
Your everyday oats can also act as a great remedy for cracked feet. Either the oats packet is lying in some corner, after your new year’s resolution to get fit failed or from your stock. Anyways, whatever the case mix oatmeal with jojoba oil and create a paste. Apply the paste over the cracked area and wash it up after 30 minutes. Wash it and you are done. At least your cracked feet treatment new year resolution will be a success.
9.) Salt to Heal Cracked Feet
Nothing can be as simple as this one. Just add Epsom salt in warm water and dip your feet for 20 minutes. Take it out occasionally to scrub it up with pumice stone. Massage it gently and continue the process on a regular basis. You should see results immediately.
10.) Proper Diet to Heal Cracked Feet
A diet rich in vitamin E can not only cure but also prevent cracked feet. Having almonds, avocados, and turnip greens can prove to be beneficial. Taking Vitamin E tablets can also initiate the healing process. Make sure to get a major sum of your Vitamin E from natural sources only.