There are numerous health benefits of honey. People have been using honey for various health related problems, but it is well used for acne and other beauty problems. Acne is the most common skin problem that affect both males and females. Acne occurs due to the presence of dust, excess oil and dead cells on skin. Acne appears on the surface of the skin and become inflamed, red and painful. Honey has miraculous medicinal properties to treat acne. You can use honey either as a mask or scrub. Honey is a natural antibiotic and acts as a natural antioxidants, which helps to kill bacteria causing acne or pimples. Honey keeps your skin smooth and moisturized by removing excess oil. The sticky nature of honey helps to remove dirt and grime from the skin. It can be easily available in the market. Taking honey with different ingredients helps to treat acne very effectively. In this article, you will get a number of tips to use honey for acne.
Methods to Use Honey for Acne:
Here are some methods to use honey for acne. Honey is used for every skin type such as dry skin, oily skin, and sensitive skin. There are no side effects of using honey.
1.) Honey Mask for Acne Treatment
You can use honey alone as a mask to cure acne by cleansing pores of the skin. Honey has antimicrobial properties, which helps to keep the skin smooth, soft and glowing.
Steps to Use Honey to Treat Acne Naturally:
- You need to take honey only.
- Then apply the thin layer of honey on your face.
- Use honey as a mask for some days, then you will get rid of acne.
2.) Apple With Honey for Acne
Using apple with honey is one of the simplest and effective home remedies for acne treatment.
Steps to Use Apple with Honey for Acne Treatment:
- Take one medium sized apple, 4 to 5 tbsp of honey and lukewarm water.
- Make a fine pulp by grinding the apple.
- Add 3 to 4 tbsp of honey into this apple pulp.
- The amount of honey should be enough so, that it can mix well with the apple pulp.
- To make a smooth paste, mix it well and then apply this apple mask on your face.
- After 10 to 15 minutes, wash this mask with the lukewarm water.
- Apply, it regularly for a few days.
3.) Lemon and Yogurt Honey Mask for Acne
Steps to Use Lemon & Yogurt to Remove Acne Fast:
- Take 2 tbsp of fresh milk, 2 tbsp of honey, 1 tbsp of lemon juice, 1 tbsp of fresh yogurt and lukewarm water.
- Mix all these ingredients in a bowl to make a paste.
- Apply, a thin layer of this paste on your face and your throat. Wait for a few minutes to let it dry.
- Then again apply a thin layer of this paste on your face until you have used the whole mixture.
- After applying this paste wait for 10 minutes and then wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process for 3 to 4 times a week.
4.) Cinnamon and Honey for Acne
Cinnamon is high in cinnamaldehyde, which is helpful for treating acne. Cinnamon with honey is used to treat acne and it has proved to be very effective.
Steps to Use Cinnamon & Honey to Get Rid of Acne:
- Take 3 to 4 tbsp of cinnamon powder and enough honey to make a paste.
- Apply, this paste on the acne.
- You can also apply it on the whole face.
- Leave this mask for the whole night.
- Wash your face with warm water in the morning.
- Use it for 2 weeks and see the visible results.
5.) Aloe Vera and Honey for Acne Treatment
Using Aloe Vera is a great way to take care of your skin. It is well known for its skin friendly properties. It helps to soothe, moisten and softens skin and also helps to treat acne.
Steps to Use Aloe Vera & Honey to Treat Acne Fast:
- Take 1 tbsp of Aloe Vera juice or pulp and 1 tbsp of honey and mix it well.
- Apply, a coating of this mixture on your face.
- Leave this mixture for 10 minutes, then wash it off with water.
6.) Aspirin and Honey for Acne
Aspirin works as a good skin conditioner. Using aspirin with honey is also a good option for treating acne.
Steps to Use Aspirin and Honey for Treating Acne:
- Take 1-2 aspirin tablets, 1 tbsp of honey and some water.
- First, put the aspirin tablets in the water.
- Then, mix honey to it. Keep the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Apply, this mask on the affected areas and keep it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Use lukewarm water to wash your face.
7.) Tea Tree Oil and Honey to Get Rid of Acne Naturally
Tea tree essential oil contains strong antiseptic and antimicrobial properties. These properties help to get rid of acne. When we combine tea tree oil with honey it works great for acne.
Steps to Use Tea Tree Oil & Honey to Cure Acne:
- Take 2 drops of tea tree essential oil and 1 tbsp of honey.
- Mix these 2 ingredients well.
- Apply, this paste on the face and keep it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Use this remedy 2 to 3 times a week for best results.
8.) Kelp Aloe Vera and Honey for Acne Treatment
Kelp acts as a natural detoxifier and great moisturizer for your skin. Kelp Aloe Vera honey mask is used for acne treatment and gives best results.
Steps to Use Kelp Aloe Vera and Honey to Prevent Acne Fast:
- Take 1 tbsp of kelp powder, 1 tbsp of Aloe Vera juice or pulp and 1 tbsp of honey.
- To make a fine and uniform paste mix all these ingredients well.
- Apply, a layer of kelp Aloe Vera honey mask on your face.
- Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
9.) Oatmeal and Honey for Acne
Oatmeal is one of the best home remedies for treating skin problems including acne. Oatmeal contains saponins and anti-inflammatory properties, which make your skin perfect. It also keeps your skin smooth and remove out the excess oil.
Step to Use Oatmeal & Honey to Cure Acne Overnight:
- Grind half cup of oatmeal, ¼ cup of warm water and two tsp of honey.
- Apply, this oatmeal honey paste to the affected areas and massage for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Keep it for 10 to 15 minutes and use warm water to wash your face.
- Repeat it regularly for best results.
10) Turmeric and Honey for Acne
Turmeric is best for all the skin types due to its anti-inflammatory properties and it also kills bacteria. Turmeric helps to soak the excess oil from your skin that can lead to acne. When turmeric is combined with honey it do magic for treating acne.
Steps to Use Turmeric & Honey to Get Rid of Acne Fast:
- Add 1 tbsp of honey in 1/8 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Apply, this turmeric and honey paste on your face.
- Leave it for 20 to 25 minutes and clean your face with warm water.
- Then apply moisturizer and repeat it daily.