Lovely smile and beautiful eyes can make any girl look gorgeous and charismatic. Eye color says a lot about the personality of a person. For example, girls with blue eyes look very attractive while girls with green eyes are passionate with a deep soul. Eye color is influenced by the genetic characteristics. There are three types of major eye colors brown, blue and green. Brown eye color is very common followed by blue and then green. Most people believe that the eye color you are born with, remains permanent for the lifetime, but your eye color can be lightened from darker brown to lighter brown or from blue to lighter green. Read this article to discover the natural ways to make your eyes lighter. Along with that, there are some cosmetic tricks that you can use to make your eye color appear lighter temporarily.
Remedies to Make Your Eyes Lighter
1.) Honey to Make Your Eyes Lighter
Honey is the remedy that has been used to deal with a number of issues. It is known from the past for its ability to treat various eye related issues. But, here we will learn about its amazing qualities as a natural eye lightener. This is how you can make your eyes lightened with honey.
- What all you need to do is make distilled water.
- Mix the raw-beech honeydew or honey into the distilled water after heating this water in a pan.
- Let it be cool till it becomes lukewarm/mild warm to not destroy the eye enzymes. 1:1.5 honey distilled water ratio.
- Put it into your dropper.
- Put 1-3 drops several times a day on eyes.
- Store in a cool dark place away from sunlight. Before using honey to make your eyes lighter, you should make sure that the honey you are using is pure and organic.
2.) Use Eye Shadows to Make Your Eyes Lighter
Applying colorful eye shadows is the best way to make your eyes lighter. Some makeup companies make special eye color enhancing makeup kits that can help take the guesswork out of choosing the right eyeshadow to make your eyes lighter and beautiful. You can also choose complementary colors to brighten or lighten your eye color.
- For blue eyes, try earthen colors or shades such as bronze, copper, yellow, or peach.
- If you have green eyes, try shades such as purple, mauve, or rose.
- For brown eyes, try bronze, gold, or other shimmery earth tones.
- These tones help you out to make your eyes lighter.
3.) Use Nude or White Eyeliner to Make Your Eyes Lighter
When you coat the inner rim of the eyelid with white eyeliner, it is reflected in such a way that the whole eye appears brighter and lighter without giving any drastic change. Use under eye concealer which is easily available in the market. Using the under eye concealer covers the darker part of the eye making the eye look lighter.
- Apply a coat of nude or white eyeliner to the inner rim of your lower eyelid instantly to make your eyes lighter.
- White eyeliner will provide a dramatic brightening effect.
- But nude and light-colored eyeliner will help to brighten your subtle eye color, without creating too much contrast.
- These makeup techniques make your eyes lighter.
4.) Contact Lenses to Make Your Eyes Lighter
Contact lenses are the easiest way to change your eye color and make it look lighter. Even for those who have dark eyes, lightening your eye color with cosmetic lenses is easily available in eye clinics, and at a much cheaper rate than most other alternatives.
Opaque lens is designed specifically for those people who have dark eyes and want to make your eyes look lighter.
5.) Use Navy Blue Mascara to Make Your Eyes Lighter
Instead of using other colors to make your eyes lighter like black, use navy blue to lighten your eyes. This makes your eyes appear more vibrant and brighter with whiter eyeballs.
- The other colors like black make the eyes look somehow dull.
- Make use of indigo or sky blue eyeliner.
- When you apply this eyeliner to your upper or lower eyelids, it is reflected by the whole eye making it appear lighter.
- Other colors like black may result in a dull reflection.
- This is because of the cosmetic;s darker shade than the natural eye shade.
6.) Makeup to Make Your Eyes Lighter
Another tip to lighten up your eyes is to use a little white shadow on the inner outline of your eye near the tear ducts. Just this little bit of white outline can make a huge difference. The white liner can look retro, and dark colors often close towards the eye. Stick to lighter shades like pink or brown.
To diffuse the line even much lighter, use an eye shadow powder and an eyeliner brush instead of a kohl pencil. Apply the eye color enhancing shadows.The eye makeup industries are making eye color enhancers or highlighter that lighten the eyes.
7.) Tea Bag or Cucumber to Make Your Eyes Lighter
It is said that regular use of Tea bags or cucumber over your eyes can lighten the natural eye color. Also, these ingredients are beneficial for your eyes and will not cause any harm if given a try. This is what you have to do with these ingredients to make your eyes lighter.
- Dip some teabags in cold or chilled water for 1-2 minutes
- Place them on your eyes for 5 minutes or put a slice of cucumber on each eye and leave there for ten minutes or longer.
- You can also grate the cucumber and extract its juice.
- Then freeze it and rub these ice cubes on your eyes in circular motions.
- Regular use of this remedy helps you to make your eyes lighter.
8.) Use Concealer to Make Your Eyes Lighter
Even if you are having dark circles then you need some good cosmetic concealer to make your eyes lighter. Combining a pink cream-colored or light liquid product over the concealer can help to encourage the eyes to make it look lighter. However, do your research on the content of sunscreen products, as some products may be harmful to your health. Use a stronger SPF under your eyes for face darkens your circles appear lighter. Wear dark sunglasses to protect your skin melanin changes.
9.) Pineapple and Coconut to Make Your Eyes Lighter
You can also go for the pineapple to make your eyes lighter. The remedy is very simple and easy. It is said that regular use of pineapple in the given directions can help to make your eyes lighter.
- Mix few drops of Pineapple juice in Coconut water and dip a cotton cloth pad or cotton ball in it.
- Place it on your eyes for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Best tip for fresh and glowing eyes naturally.
- You can also keep it in the fridge then use it at regular intervals in order to make your eyes lighter.
10.) Happiness to Make Your Eyes Lighter
All eyes appear bright and beautiful when people laugh, are happy and always have a smile on their face. Let your hair down and have fun in life. And, let’s face it, no one’s eyes look attractive and beautiful when they are crying, depressed, angry or tired. Happiness is the best remedy to keep your eyes lighter.
11.) Eat Berries to Make Your Eyes Lighter
Eating berries will help you get lighter eyes. What you have to do is start your day with a bowl of berries. You can go for raspberries, strawberries or blueberries. You can also opt for the frozen berries, but it is good if you chose the fresh ones. These berries contain vitamins and antioxidants that brighten the color of your eyes
12.) Cucumber to Make Your Eyes Lighter
You can also try cucumber to make your eyes lighter. Earlier we talked about cucumbers and tea bags but, this is just a simple plain cucumber. It is also good for dark circles and fine lines. Use cucumber daily for a healthy and beautiful pair of eyes.
- What you have to do is cut a cucumber into thick slices.
- Place the slices of cucumber on each eye.
- Place them on eyes and rest for five minutes.
- Do it daily until you notice the difference.
13.) Spinach to Make Eyes Lighter:
Spinach is loaded with carotenoids and lutein and zeaxanthin provides youthfulness to the eyes. The richness of iron in spinach makes the eyes lighter and brighter. Spinach also keeps the skin and hair healthy. It is packed with folate, magnesium, vitamin A which keeps the person healthy and stress-free. It is a 100% natural and safe method to make eyes lighter.
14.) Olive Oil to Make Your Eyes Lighter:
You must have heard about the wonders of olive oil. Whether it any skin problem or injury, olive oil has always been a safe remedy to try. But did you know it can even help you to lighten the eye color? The linoleic acid and the oleic acid will provide a beautiful and soft color to the iris. It also helps to reduce stress which is very necessary if you want to lighten your eye color.
15.) Nuts to Make Your Eyes Lighter:
If you want to change or lighten the color of your eye, then it is necessary that you incorporate nuts in your diet. Nuts are very nutritious in nature and it gradually lightens the eye. The best thing about eating nuts is that it is healthy, tasty and you don’t have to take tension about the calories. Don’t eat roasted nuts because their nutrients are already destroyed.
Change in Lifestyle to Make Your Eyes Lighter:
1.) Drink Water to Make your Eyes Lighter
Drinking water is the most important lifestyle part that you should go for in order to make your eyes lighter. When your body is hydrated, your eyes appear bright and shining. It makes your eyes healthier and thus helps get lighter eyes.
You are advised to avoid caffeine based beverages like coffee as caffeine dehydrates your body. Also, excessive consumption of alcohol dehydrates your body.
2.) Avoid Junk Food to Make your Eyes Lighter
When you eat more junk food then it affects you liver directly. When the smooth functioning of your liver is hampered, your eyes appear yellow and pale. It also affects your digestive system.
It is better to opt for healthy and nutrition loaded food items. Try to include these rich sources of carbs, fats, minerals, proteins and vitamins in your daily diet. Also, eat more whole grains and increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables.
3.) Vitamin C to Make your Eyes Lighter
Vitamin C is a must to consume in order to make your eyes lighter. It is great for blood vessels and capillaries. So, when you increase the consumption of Vitamin C then your eyes appear healthy and thus paleness and yellowish color disappear.
Increase the consumption of foods high in vitamin C. You can also take a multivitamin on a daily basis to make your eyes lighter and also meet the needs of this particular vitamin in your body.
4.) Protect your Eyes to Make them Lighter
Protecting your eyes is one of the most important things to do in order to make your eyes lighter. Protecting your eyes from sunlight, dust and wind is very essential in order to have healthy eyes. Sunglasses will protect you from these three elements and thus your eyes do not appear red.
5.) Sleep to Make your Eyes Lighter
To make your eyes healthy, the first and the foremost thing that you require to do is take proper sleep. It makes your eyes more shiny and brighter. So, you are advised to take 7-9 hours of sleep a day. So, take proper sleep and make your eyes lighter.