This article deals with the methods that you can follow to pop a pimple. Pimples are really very irritating you so lets get rid of it? Pimples are not only irritating, but hey are painful and embarrassing as well. In order to get rid of these uninvited guests, you need to take proper precautions. And, the best precaution to cure a pimple is not to treat it at the early stage. It should be ripe enough if you want to pop it or want to stop its re-occurrence. So, before going for the treatment, you should make sure that a pimple has completely ripened. Read more, to know the ways to pop a pimple.
Different Ways to Pop a Pimple:
1.) Let the Pimple Ripe
If you will pop an unripped pimple then the chances of spreading infection will increase. Moreover, it will leave a scar that won’t go away easily. Here, the question arises how and when to pop a pimple? Well, you have to just wait for the correct time. We know that the small red pimple will make you look dull, but you don’t have any other option rather than waiting for it to ripen completely. A ripe pimple will be filled with the white fluid called pus. Since the color of the pus is white, therefore, the pimple will also turn white. Do not touch a pimple and avoid creams with too many chemicals.
2.) Cleanse Your Face
When finally your pimple has ripened, pop it without hurting yourself. Before popping the pimple clean your face, especially the affected area. Use a gentle water-soluble cleanser or a face wash to clean the face. Rinsing will wipe out the excess oil and dust particle accumulated under the pores. Use normal water for rinsing, since cold or hot water, can aggravate your problem. After rinsing, gently massage the cleanser over the affected area to make it soft. After cleansing use, a washcloth to pat dry your face. Cleansing will prepare the skin and later you can pop a pimple.
3.) Take a Steam to Pop a Pimple
Steam will open the pore and loosen a pimple. Facial steamers are easily available in the market. However, if you don’t find one, then you can make it at home as well. In a big bowl, pour lukewarm water, herbs, and essential oils to add the soothing aroma. Then take a towel and cover your head and bowl in such a way that water does not evaporate outside. Don’t steam for more than 7-10 minutes otherwise, it will rip off the natural oil of the face.
4.) Scrub to Pop a Pimple
After the steam, use a mild scrub. Scrubbing will help you kick out the reluctant dust and oil accumulates under the pores. However, avoid over scrubbing as it will worsen the condition. Moreover, use a scrub according to your skin type, otherwise, you may not get the desired results. Avoid chemical formulated exfoliator and use a home-made scrub, since home-made scrubs are gentle on the skin. It will help you to get rid of pimple. To make scrub at home all you have to do is:
- Grind some almonds and mix a few drops of whole milk in it.
- Gently rub the paste over the face or around a pimple and leave to dry.
- Wash it gently when it’s dry. Make sure, that you do not put pressure on the pimple otherwise, it will pop before time and spread the infection.
5.) Do Not Pop a Pimple on Wet Skin
After cleaning and scrubbing let the skin get dry. Avoid popping the pimple on the wet skin. Wet skin is more vulnerable to create or tear the scab which gives a way to scars or pimple marks. To avoid the scar let your skin dry first. Wait for a while or use a washcloth to dry the face. After drying, prepare yourself to pop a pimple.
6.) Use Comedone Extractor to Pop the Pimple
Use blackheads or whiteheads extractor to pop a pimple. Make sure the tip of the extractor is not sharp otherwise it will worsen the condition and leave the pimple marks. While using the extractor be cautious and do not hurt yourself.
- Take the comedone extractor, center it on the pimple. Then, very gently push the extractor to pop a pimple.
- Make sure you gently push the extractor with little pressure.
- Now, gradually release the pus- filled in a simple.
- Wipe of the pus with a cotton ball or a washcloth.
- Be very gentle with a pimple.
- Repeat this procedure 2-3 times until the whole pus is not wiped off.
- Don’t overdo the procedure otherwise, it will leave a scar that will embarrass you, whole life.
7.) Popping the Pimple by Fingers
If you don’t have comedone extractor or find it hard to use then you can pop a pimple with your fingertips as well. Make sure you wear a hand glove before starting the procedure. A pimple contains germs which are contagious. Though you will get rid of one pimple but the problem will linger with another pimple and gradually it will spread. So it’s better to be on the safer side and wear hand gloves before handling the pimple.
- Hold the skin around a pimple and squeeze it.
- Squeezing will make a pimple pop out and release the pus.
- Make sure you clean the pus, it carries a bacteria which can give way to another pimple.
- Don’t be hard on your skin otherwise, you will only hurt yourself.
- Gently massage the pimple area while squeezing. This will encourage the pus to bloat.
- While squeezing if it bleeds, don’t continue the process.
8.) Wipe the Area after Popping the Pimple
After popping the pimple wipe off the affected area with an antiseptic solution. It will not let the bacteria interfere with open skin. You can use benzoyl peroxide to clean the affected area after popping the pimple. It will remove the bacteria.
- Take benzoyl peroxide and dip a cotton swab into it.
- Gently dab the cotton over the affected area.
- After wiping let the area dry.
- Do not use toothpaste, it might worsen the condition.
9.) Use Face Mask after Popping the Pimple
After treating the affected part with the antiseptic solution, you can also apply a face mask. The mask will close the open skin. However, make sure the area is dried and don’t apply the mask just after the antiseptic solution. It can result in skin burning. Applying homemade masks or just the paste of fuller earth will solve your problem. Rinse the affected part when the mask gets dry. After the whole process avoid touching the area. You can also read homemade face mask for glowing.
10.) Moisturize the Affected Part
The affected part goes through a various process and thus the natural moisture of the skin is lost. So after completing the process of popping the pimple moisturize your face. Use moisturizer which suits your skin type or you can simply apply honey. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes and then gently wash the skin.
Few Useful Tips to Prebent Pimples:
- Avoid spicy food
- Take care of your skin
- Avoid chemicals
- Moisturize your skin
- Gently scrub 1-2 times in a week
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat a balanced diet
- Change your bedsheet and pillow covers regularly.
- Keep your hair clean and dandruff at the bay.