This article is about home remedies for open pores. Here we will discuss different remedies that are used to close the pores opened on the skin. Open pores are the small holes in the skin that expand a little in size due to various reasons. Genetic is the main reason of the changes that occur in the pores. They are home to hair follicle and sebaceous gland. They serve as a path for sebum (the skin’s natural oil). Open pores lead to many skin problems, including blackheads and whiteheads. It is important to cure pores or else they can lead to further skin problems that become nuisance. Also, these large pores affect your appearance adversely. Here in this article, we will learn about different remedies for open pores.
Causes of Open Pores:
It is important to learn about the causes in order to get rid of the open pores completely. Our body produces sebum, natural oil of the skin. It makes the skin waterproof. People who have the oily skin have bigger pores as oil is already present there. That’s why it’s more common in people with oily skin. The oil gets collected on the skin and swell because of that. It allows the pores to become larger in size. They are more visible now. Other causes of open pores are:
- Another factor that leads to open pore is age. With growing age, skin loses its elasticity. It opens pores of the skin.
- Acne also leads to open pores. When Acne hit the skin, they come with properties that open the skin pores and thus, pores are visible.
- Genetics is also one of the factors that contributes to open pores. If both of your parents or one of them has open pores than there are more chances that you have open pores.
- Sex also determines the occurrence of pores. It is more common in males than in females.
Home Remedies for Open Pores:
If you are irritated with your open sores, but do no want to go for a medical treatment then you need not worry. Here are a number of home remedies that will help you with the open sores. You would have notnoticed, but the remedy you are looking for is somewhere around you only. You are surrounded with home remedies for open pores. So you need not worry about the treatment. Here are some of the most amazing home remedies for open pores that will help you get rid of it naturally:
1.) Ice on Open Pores
Easily available in your refrigerator, this remedy works like a charm on your pores. It is one of the most easily available remedies for open pores. What you have to do is take an ice cube and apply it directly on the skin for five minutes. This gives you almost instant results. You can also wash your face with cold water to get the desired outcome.
2.) Sandalwood for Open Pores
Sandalwood is known for bringing a glow to the skin. This remedy is one of the most effective remedies for open pores. This remedy also helps with open pores. Make a paste by mixing it with turmeric and almond oil and you can apply it on your pores. Follow the steps to make the paste:
- Take equal amount of sandalwood and turmeric and add a few drops of almond oil to it.
- Mix it well and make a fine paste.
- Apply it on the face and leave it for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, wash it with water.
3.) Lemon to Treat Open Pores
Lemon is rich in citric acid that is useful in closing the pores of the skin. It works as a natural bleaching agent which lighten the complexion and clears up the dark pores. Use it with honey or cinnamon powder and get the better results. What you can do is:
- Take a lemon and cut it into two. Now squeeze the lemon and extract juice. Add honey to it and mix well. Apply it on the face and leave it for around 15 minutes. This should be done daily for about a month.
- You can also make a pack using lemon with cinnamon powder. What you have to do is mix the lemon juice with cinnamon powder for 15 minutes and wash it off. Do this daily for best results.
4.) Cucumber for Open Pores
Cucumber has the watery qualities that help make the pores shrink. This remedy is one of the most excellent remedies for open pores. It brings a glow to your skin and improves the texture as well. What you can do is:
- Grate a cucumber and extract the juice from it.
- Now take a cotton ball and dip it in the juice till it is completely saturated.
- Now apply it on the skin for 15 minutes and wash it with water.
5.) Egg white to Avoid Open Pores
Egg white works great among the home remedies for open pores. You just have to follow a few steps to use the egg white:
- Break an egg, keep the egg white and discard the egg yolk.
- Now apply the egg white directly on your face.
- After applying the egg white, put some tissue papers on the face.
- After some time, peel them off gently.
- Do it thrice a week at regular intervals.
6.) Sugar to Get Rid of Open Pores
This is one the brilliant home remedies for open pores. You can use it to make a scrub and help close the pores of your skin. Follow the steps:
- Take one teaspoon of sugar and add a few drops of olive oil and lemon to it.
- Mix it well and apply it on the face.
- Rub it for around 30 seconds and wash your face with cool water.
- Do it twice a week at regular intervals.
7.) Raw Milk for Open Pores
Raw milk is also one of the most amazing remedies for open pores. Apply it directly on the face to have the best results. What you can do is:
- Take some raw milk in a bowl and dip a cotton ball in it.
- Wash your face properly with water.
- Now apply the raw milk with the cotton ball and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wash it with lukewarm water.
8.) Yogurt to Get Rid of Open Pores
Yogurt cleans the dirt and dead cells from the skin and helps treat open pores. It is one the most trusted home remedies for open pores. You can use it in a simple way:
- Take some plain yogurt and apply it directly on the face.
- Allow it to settle for 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with normal water.
- Do it every day for best results.
9.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Shrink Open Pores
Apple cider vinegar is one of the most celebrated home remedies for open pores. It works as a natural skin toner. It has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that help cure the open sores. Follow the steps to use the apple cider Vinegar:
- Mix equal quantity of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Soak a cotton ball in it and apply it on the face.
- Leave it for some time and then wash it off.
- Follow it with a moisturizer.
- Do it before going to the bed.
10.) Aloe Vera to Cure Open Pores
Aloe Vera is the key remedy among the home remedies for open pores. If you have an Aloe Vera plant then you get rid of almost all the skin problems. To treat your open pores with Aloe Vera, extract the gel from the leaf and apply it on the face. Leave it for 5 minutes and wash it off.
11.) Oatmeal to Reduce Open Pores
Oatmeal is also counted among the good home remedies for open sores. Follow the steps to get best out of it:
- Take 2 tablespoons of oatmeal, 2 tablespoons of milk powder and 5 tablespoons of honey.
- Apply it on the face and rub it gently for 15 minutes.
- Wash your face with cool water.
- Repeat twice a week on regular basis.
12.) Fenugreek for Open Pores
Fenugreek is among the under ranked home remedies for open sores. What you have to do is make a paste by mixing fenugreek powder with cucumber paste and ginger paste. Apply it on the face and leave for some time and then wash it off.
13.) Baking Soda to Shrink Open Pores
Baking soda is used to treat a number of skin problems and is equally beneficial for open pores as well. What you have to do is:
- Take 2 tablespoons of baking soda and add some water to make a paste.
- When the paste is ready, apply it on the skin and massage gently in circular motion.
- Leave for 10 minutes and then wash off.
14.) Butter and Salt to Get Rid of Open Pores
You can also use butter and salt together to get rid of open pores. Together, they are counted among the most efficient remedies for open pores. What you can do is:
- Take two tablespoons of butter and add some salt to it.
- Mix it well and apply on the face.
- Leave for 15 minutes then wash off with normal water.
15.) Gram Flour to Avoid Open Pores
Gram flour is also one of the most amazing remedies for open pores treatment. Use it with yogurt and you get rid of open pores. Follow the steps to use it:
- Take a tablespoon of gram flour and add enough yogurt to make a paste.
- Now apply the paste on your face and allow it to dry on its on.
- When it has dried completely, wash off with lukewarm water.