You make out and hook up last night, but you noticed the marks today. Is it really visible to others? If your answer is yes, then it is really important to remove it as soon as possible. Hickeys are also referred as love bites or kiss marks. They basically get developed due to aggressive kissing and sucking on the skin. It is easier to give someone a hickey, but it took a lot of time to heal it once you get it. Hence, it is really very important to remove hickeys from your skin by using several natural ways.
Causes of Hickeys:
The basic cause of a hickey is the constant sucking that ruptures the capillaries beneath your skin. It even causes pain and irritation on your skin. Therefore, hickeys are just like bruises. At the initial stage, hickeys are a light bruise, but after a certain time, they turn into bloodshot red or purple in appearance due to the rupture of blood vessels.
How Long Do Hickeys Last?
The very first question that comes to your mind if you get hickeys is “how long do hickeys last?” Well, there no specified time to remove a hickey completely. But, basically, it took around 5-12 days to get rid of hickey completely. It simply depends on the size and severity of it. They may remain for a little more time due to the following reasons.
- Harshness: This is the main cause of delay in the healing process. If your blood vessels are damaged adversely, then it took a lot of time to get repaired. Due to this, the healing process becomes quite slower.
- Personal Health: Your health also plays a major role in the hickeys removal. If you are healthy, then it becomes easier for hickey to fade in a few days.
Ways to Remove Hickeys:
It is really very important to remove hickeys, because once it comes to the notice of the people, then it can become a very embarrassing condition for you. Therefore, after making out and having sex, if you notice them on your skin, then use the following remedies to remove hickeys as soon as possible.
1.) Rub Alcohol to Remove Hickeys
If you get hickey just rub alcohol on it. Alcohols are easily available in the market or you may be having it in your home. It is one of the best ways to remove hickeys from your body. Alcohol acts as a disinfectant and provides a soothing effect on the hickeys.To apply this remedy, follow these ways:
- Use a cotton ball and apply alcohol with it.
- Rub the cotton ball on the infected area effectively.
- Rubbing alcohol will also dry up your skin. Hence, it is also important to apply the moisturizer after rubbing it.
- Apply this remedy several times in a day to get rid of hickeys.
2.) Apply Cold Compress to Remove Hickeys
It is really important to break the blood clots so that the blood comes out of it. It is the most important step to heal a hickey. Just apply a cold compress on the affected skin to constrict the ruptured skin. It even provides a soothing effect on the skin and reduce bleeding. To apply this remedy, follow these steps:
- Just put some ice cubes in a soft towel. Use a thin towel for this purpose. Now, press it against the affected area for about 15 minutes. It will provide a cooling effect on the hickeys and will reduce the burning sensation. Don’t even think of applying ice directly to the infected area, because it may cause ice burns.
- You may even put a spoon in the refrigerator. Keep it for 15 minutes. Then wrap this spoon with a thin cloth. Rub it lightly over the affected area. Keep applying it until the temperature of the spoon becomes normal. Use this remedy several times in a day to remove hickeys from your skin.
3.) Use Peppermint Oil to Remove Hickeys
Peppermint not only improves the blood circulation, but it is also very useful in treating the hickeys by healing the capillaries. To apply this remedy, follow these steps:
- Just apply peppermint oil gently on the affected area of the skin. It helps in healing your skin faster. At the initial stage after applying the peppermint oil, you will feel a tingling sensation on the skin. But, after a few minutes, it will go away. Also, don’t apply this remedy more than two times in a day as it may cause irritation in the skin.
- You may also apply peppermint toothpaste on the affected part of your skin as an alternative option. Apply it on the affected skin and leave it for a few minutes. Once the irritation is gone just wash it off with lukewarm or warm water. Apply this remedy once a day.
4.) Apply Aloe Vera to Remove Hickeys
This natural moisturizer can do wonders on the infected skin. It is rich in several properties like anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that can heal your skin faster. To apply this remedy, follow these steps:
- Just extract fresh Aloe Vera gel and massage it into the infected skin area. Apply this remedy twice a day.
- You may even buy cream having Aloe Vera content in it. Apply the aloe Vera gel on the affected area, at least, two or three times to get rid of hickeys.
5.) Apply Banana Peel to Remove Hickeys
Banana contains cooling and soothing properties that play a major role in minimizing hickeys fast. To apply this remedy, follow these steps:
- Take a ripe banana and cut a peel from it.
- Now, place this peel on the infected area.
- Place it at least for 30 minutes.
- Apply this remedy three times a day to remove hickeys.
6.) Use Vitamin K to Remove Hickeys
Vitamin K plays a major role in preventing coagulation. It even helps your body in reabsorbing the pooled blood and boost the healing process. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Apply cream having a high amount of vitamin K content in it. Apply it to the infected areas, at least, two or three times a day to get rid of hickeys.
- Also, add vitamin k in your diet to heal faster. Start eating foods high in vitamin k like brown rice, soybean oil, broccoli, spinach, and fish oil for a couple of days.
- You can also take supplements of vitamin K.
7.) Drink Orange Juice to Remove Hickeys
Vitamin C is a very important nutrient needed in our body to heal faster. So, start consuming this citrus fruit to get rid of hickeys. Vitamin C contains various healing properties and it is an essential nutrient to cure hickeys. Just start drinking orange juice on a regular basis to remove hickeys. Even eat oranges and add it to your diet for a few days to remove hickeys. If it is not the season of oranges, then you may also consume 500 mg of vitamin C supplements to rebuild collagen.
8.) Use Heat Compress to Remove Hickeys
Heat plays a major role in opening the capillaries and making way for the fresh blood to circulate in the body. It also cleans up the mess. Therefore, this natural way is the best way for fading hickeys from your skin. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Take a washcloth and dip it in the hot water. Wring out the excess water from it and apply it to the infected area. Keep this washcloth on your skin for 5 minutes.
- You may also use a hair dryer and apply heat on the hickey. Also, maintain a distance while applying this remedy. Moreover, massage with your fingertips after applying this remedy.
9.) Apply Cocoa Butter to Remove Hickeys
Cocoa is an amazing healing agent and excellent moisturizer that can easily remove hickeys from your body. To apply this remedy, follow these steps:
- Apply warm compress on affected area. After a few minutes, apply cocoa butter on it.
- Massage the infected area with your fingertips.
- It will break the blood clots and will improve the blood circulation.
- Apply this remedy several times a day to get rid of hickeys.
Once your hickeys become older start massaging it with your fingertips. This will increase the blood circulation. Hence, it is one of the best ways to remove hickeys. Apply this natural way at least twice a day.
So, use the above natural ways to remove hickeys. It is easy to get rid of hickeys, all you need to follow few important natural treatments to treat it completely.