This article is about different ways to remove nail polish. Girls love to experiment with nail paints. Removing a nail paint to apply another is a tedious task if you do not have nail paint remover. Well, there are tonnes of ingredients which can help you to remove nail paint. All you have to do is use them wisely and with all the precautions. The list of different ways to remove nail polish is here.
Different Ways to Remove Nail Polish:
1.) Rubbing Alcohol Based Products to Remove Nail Polish
Products that have rubbing alcohol can be a good substitute of nail polish remover. Products like a body mist, hair spray, deodorants and hand sanitizer contain rubbing alcohol. Well, you can also use the original rubbing alcohol to remove nail polish as well. However, rubbing liquid will be of no help. All you need to do is:
- Dip a cotton ball into the rubbing alcohol or any of the product that contain alcohol.
- Gently dab this cotton on your nails.
- Then wipe off the nail polish with the cotton ball.
- Repeat this until the stain of nail polish is completely removed.
- Do not use the single cotton ball on every nail to remove nail polish.
2.) Hydrogen Peroxide to Remove Nail Polish
Another remedy that can help you to remove nail polish is hydrogen peroxide. It contains whitening properties that come handy for removing the stains from the nails. However, make sure that you use only 2 percent hydrogen solution. You can also use this solution to get rid of yellow nails as well. All you need to do is:
- In a bowl pour one and a half cup of water and 3-4 tbsp of hydrogen peroxide. Mix them thoroughly.
- Soak your nails in this solution for a few minutes. Then rub a soft toothbrush on your nails.
- After rubbing the brush, rinse them with lukewarm water. Repeat this many times until the nail polish has been completely removed.
- Alternatively, with the help of the cotton ball apply the solution of hydrogen peroxide on your nails and rub it remove the stains of the nail paint. Do this until the nail polish is completely removed.
3.) Lemon to Remove Nail Polish
If you are running low with your nail polish remover then you can also use some of your home remedies to remove the nail polish stain from your nails. We all know that lemon is the natural substitute of bleach. It can help you to remove the yellow and nail polish stains from your nails as well. Moreover, it can also help you remove the nail polish stains from the fabric as well. To remove nail polish with lemon you have to do is:
- Fill a bowl with lemon juice and vinegar. Lemon juice and vinegar are both acidic in nature, therefore, they can remove nail polish.
- Soak your nails in this solution. With the help of the cotton ball remove the stain from your nails. Rub it until the stain is completely removed. At last, rinse your nails with lukewarm water.
- To get shiny nails naturally fill a halfway bowl with water and add some lemon essential oil to it. Soak your nails in this solution. Leave them for 7-10 minutes. Later take soft bristle toothbrush and scrub your nails for a few minutes. Repeat this process until the stains of the nail polish from the corners of nails are removed completely.
4.) Tea Tree Oil to Remove Nail Polish
You can also use tea tree oil to remove oil nail polish stain from your nails. In addition, it also helps to treat the yellow nails infections. All thanks to its anti-fungal properties for this. It removes all kind of stains from nails and helps you to retain the original colour of your nails. All you need to do is:
- Put few drops of tea tree oil on the toothbrush and scrub it on the nails. Do this until the stain of nail polish is removed completely. In this way remove nail polish from every nail. Then wash your hands with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this until the nail polish stain has vanished.
5.) Orange Peel to Remove Nail Polish
Like lemon juice orange peel is also natural bleaching agent. It helps to remove the nail polish stains and other stains from the nails. Moreover, it makes your fingertips healthy. To remove nail polish with lemon peel all you need to do is:
- Take an orange peel and add a few drops of vinegar into it. Rub it on your nails. Rub it until the nail paint stain is completely removed.
- This remedy will help you to remove old nail polish and yellow stains. However, don’t use it to remove the fresh nail pain from the nails.
- You can use this remedy to treat nail infections as well.
6.) Foil Paper to Remove Nail Polish
Yes, you can also use foil paper to remove nail polish from the nails. Nail polish remover makes your nails dry and fragile and, therefore, removing the stains with foil paper is a better idea. It removes the nail polish stain from your nails without making them dry and infected. For this all you have to do is:
- First file your nails properly. Dip a cotton ball into the nail remover. Make sure that it does not contain acetone.
- Then place the cotton balls on your nails and cover it with the foil paper. Leave it on for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove the foil paper and cotton balls. The entire nail paint will be removed in the single round.
- This method helps to remove nail polish of every type.
7.) Remove Nail Polish with Another Layers of Nail Polish
Yes, your nail polish can also help you to remove the old nail polish from the nails. It might sound kiddish but it is effective. Moreover, it does not harm your nails and you do not have to get into any tedious task of making solutions to remove nail polish. All you have to do is.
- Apply the a layer of nail polish on your old nail polish. Take a cotton ball and wipe it off. Make sure that nail polish does not dry, otherwise, it will be difficult to remove both the nail paints.
- Moreover, do not apply nail polish on the nails altogether otherwise, it will dry and it would be hard
8.) Knife to Remove Nail Polish
Well, this remedy can prove risky so try to avoid it. However, if you do not have anything else to remove nail paint then use the knife to scrape the nail paint. However, do it carefully and do not hurt yourself.
9.) Dishwashing Soap to Remove Nail Polish
Yes, your kitchen bar can also prove helpful to you for removing the nail polish. It removes the nail polish without harming your nails. It is easy to use. All you have to do is:
- In a bowl of warm water, add a tablespoon of liquid dishwashing soap.
- Soak your nails in this solution for 10-15 minutes.
- Then gently rub them with the napkin or cotton ball.
10.) Acetone to Remove Nail Polish
The easiest and convenient way to remove nail polish is through acetone or nail polish remover. It removes the nail paint from the nails in just a seconds. Moreover, the bottle of acetone is handy so you can carry it and use it anywhere. All you have to do is:
- Soak the cotton ball in the acetone or a nail remover.
- Dab this cotton ball on your nails and wipe of the nail polish.
- Repeat the same process with every nail.
- If you cannot remove the nail polish with cotton balls then dip the toothbrush into the acetone and use it to remove the nail polish. Rub it slightly to remove the reluctant stain.