In this article we will discuss how to shrink pores. There are many tiny pores in our skin. Although they do not possess any threat, but sometimes can affect your appearance in the form of open or large pores. Open or large pores on the skin are not only a beauty concern, but it can also lead to problems like blackheads or acne, especially if you have an oily skin.
Causes of Open or Large Pores
- Production of sebum in excess.
- Dirt and bacteria in pores.
- Clogged pores
- Blackheads tend
- Oily skin
- Prolonged sun exposure
- Poor or lack of skin care.
However, there are many cosmetic products and medical procedure available in the market to fight this problem. But, these products or procedure can be quite expensive. So, before you take up such measures, you can give a try to some inexpensive, natural and easy home remedies to shrink pores.
Home Remedies to Shrink Pores Naturally and Fast
1.) Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) to Shrink Pores
Apple cider vinegar acts as a natural astringent and skin toner. ACV helps tighten your skin and thus shrinks large pores. It also helps restore and maintain the skin’s pH balance. Plus, it contains antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties which help prevent acne breakouts.
- Take equal amounts of organic apple cider vinegar and water. Mix well.
- Dip a cotton ball in the solution and gently apply it to your face.
- Leave it on for several minutes before rinsing it off.
- Follow this remedy every night after cleansing your face.
- Apply some light moisturizer after the process.
- You may notice improvement within several weeks.
2.) Yogurt to Get Rid of Open Pores
Yogurt is known to have lactic acid, which help get rid of excess oil, dirt and dead skin cells. Thus, minimizing the open pores. It also helps reduce wrinkles and fine lines. Yogurt is quite beneficial for many other skin ailments as well.
- Take some plain yogurt and apply a thin layer of it on your face.
- Allow it to sit for about 10 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Repeat this procedure daily or 3-4 times a week for a month.
- Alternatively, you can take 1 tbsp of gram flour and mix it with 2 tbsp of plain yogurt.
- Apply this prepared paste on your face and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Later, rinse it off with cool water.
- Repeat this 2 times a week for at least one month.
3.) Oatmeal to Prevent Large pores
Oatmeal is an excellent ingredient for exfoliating the skin. Thus, it is quite effective in removing excess oil and dead skin cells which make open pores appear bigger. Another benefit of oatmeal is that it helps soothe skin and can be used on sensitive skin as well.
- Take 5 tbsp of honey and mix with 2 tbsp each of milk powder and oatmeal.
- Spread this mixture on your face and rub it gently in circular motions.
- Allow it to sit for 15 minutes or until it dries fully.
- Later, scrub it off and rinse face with cool water.
- Repeat this process once or twice in a week.
4.) Lemon Juice to Shrink Pores Naturally
Lemon juice has citric acid, which exfoliates your skin and shrinks the appearance of open or large pores. Lemon also helps in enhancing complexion and minimizing dark spots due to its bleaching properties.
- Take 1 tsp of organic honey and mix it with the lemon juice.
- Apply this mixture on your skin and allow it to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, rinse it off well.
- Repeat this process daily at least for a month.
- Alternatively, apply a mixture of 2 tbsp each of tomato juice and lemon juice.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat this process daily or 3-4 times a week for a month to see results.
5.) Sugar Scrub to Shrink Pores Fast
Homemade sugar scrubs can also be very useful in reducing open and large pores. Sugar scrub helps exfoliate the skin and remove excess oil, dirt and other impurities.
- Take 2 tbsp of sugar, 1 tbsp of olive oil and a few drops of lemon juice. Mix them well together.
- Gently rub the mixture on your skin for 20-30 seconds.
- Leave it for a couple of minutes before washing it off with cool water.
- Use it regularly, 1 or 2 times a week.
6.) Egg Whites to Get Rid of Open Pores
Egg whites are also extensively used to shrink enlarged pores as they help tone and tighten the skin. Egg white masks are also excellent for getting rid of excess oil out of greasy skin.
- Just whisk an egg white and smear it evenly on your face.
- Let it dry completely before rinsing it off.
- You can also cover your skin with pieces of tissue paper after the application of egg white.
- Later, simply peel off the paper when the mixture dries.
- Repeat this process 1-2 times a week.
7.) Cucumber to Shrink Pores
Another natural remedy to shrink pore is using cucumber. Cucumber acts as a natural astringent to help shrink and reduce the size of open pores. Plus, cucumber help enhance your skin texture and give it a fresh glow.
- Take 1 fresh cucumber and grate it fine to extract its juice.
- Dip a cotton ball in the extracted juice.
- Apply the juice on your skin evenly.
- Allow it to get absorbed for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, rinse it off with cool water.
- You can even add a few drops of rose water or lemon juice to the cucumber juice for added benefits.
8.) Baking Soda to Minimize Pores
Baking soda acts as a great exfoliating agent. It helps get rid of excess oil production, dirt, debris and other impurities from your skin. It also helps balance and maintain the pH levels of the skin. Plus, it helps reduce problems like pimples and acne as it contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Take 2 tbsp each of baking soda and lukewarm water. Mix both well.
- Apply this mixture on your skin and massage it in circular motion for a minute.
- Finally, Wash it off with cool water.
- Follow the procedure daily for a week.
- After a week, reduce the frequency to 3-5 times a week for a few weeks.
9.) Ice to Tighten Pores
Ice is one of the simple and effective home remedy to help shrink pores as it has a skin tightening effect. It is widely used to minimize large pores before applying makeup. Icing promotes circulation and healthier skin.
- Take a few ice cubes and wrap them in a clean washcloth.
- Hold it on your affected skin for about 15-30 seconds.
- Repeat this process several times daily.
- Reduce the frequency of use when you start seeing improvement.
- Otherwise you can even wash your face with ice cold water once daily.
10.) Fuller’s Earth for Large Pores Treatment
- Take sufficient amount of rose water and mix it in 2 tbsp of fuller’s earth to make a fine paste.
- Smear it on your face evenly.
- Leave it on for about 15-20 minutes or until it dries.
- After that scrub it off and wash your face with cold water.
- Use this procedure once or twice in a week on regular basis.
11.) Clay mask to Treat Enlarged Pores
Clay is a natural substance that has the ability to draw impurities from fats and oils. There are numerous types of clay available such as Fuller’s earth, white clay, green clay and bentonite clay to treat different skin ailments. It is also quite useful remedy to shrink enlarged pores.
- Take 2 tbsp of clay of your choice and mix with enough water or rose water to make a smooth mud mask.
- Apply this paste on your face. Allow it to sit for 20 minutes to make it dry.
- Later, scrub the mud off gently using cool water.
- Repeat the mask 1-2 times weekly.
12.) Aloe Vera to Treat Enlarged Pores
Aloe Vera gel is known to have excellent skin cleansing properties which can help seal facial pores effectively. Also, Aloe Vera is a proven remedy for other skin ailments including acne, acne marks, wrinkles and fine lines etc.
- Extract the fresh gel from Aloe Vera leaves.
- Apply it for 5 minutes and leave it to get dry.
- Later, rinse your face with cool water.
- You can also add lemon juice in it.