In this article, we will talk about ways to stop mosquito bites from itching. Mosquitos are one of the most deadly species in the world. No one can guess their deadly potential, going by their size. The major reason for all these accusations if because they are hosts to one of the world’s deadliest diseases. Such is their power, that many attempts to wipe them out completely have failed completely.
When the mosquitos are not busy spreading life-threatening diseases, their bites are known to cause itching. These maniacs not only relish your blood but cause bites that may be spread all over your body. Now, no one likes itching for it is not only annoying but also embarrassing. So here we are, providing you one of the finest tips to stop a mosquito bites from itching. Just follow the simple steps below:
Remedies to Stop Mosquito Bites from Itching:
- Remedies to Stop Mosquito Bites from Itching:
- 1.) Honey to Stop Mosquito Bites from Itching:
- 2.) Alcohol to Stop Mosquito Bites from Itching
- 3.) Calamine Lotion to Stop Mosquito Bites from Itching
- 4.) Lemon to Stop Mosquito Bites from Itching
- 5.) Baking Soda to Stop Mosquito Bites from Itching
- 6.) Aloe Vera to Stop Mosquito Bites from Itching
- 7.) Ice Pack to Stop Mosquito Bites from Itching
- 8.) Toothpaste to Stop Mosquito Bites from Itching
- 9.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Stop Mosquito Bites from Itching
- 10.) Banana to Stop Mosquito Bites from Itching
1.) Honey to Stop Mosquito Bites from Itching:
Honey is known for its remedial properties. It is antiseptic in nature and helps get rid of all kinds of skin infection related problems. To relieve yourself of the itching appearing from mosquito bites, just follow the steps below:
- Apply honey directly to the bite area.
- Keep it there for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Wash it off and there will be an instant relief.
2.) Alcohol to Stop Mosquito Bites from Itching
Alcohol is one among the most popular methods to sanitise any item, that includes skin too. For mosquito bites, alcohol can get rid of the itching whilst also healing it. Make sure your skin is not allergic to it before giving it a try. Follow the steps below to get an idea on how to use it:
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in alcohol.
- Dab the cotton ball on the skin directly.
- Rub it nicely till the itching sensation disappears.
- You could also pour it directly on the skin.
3.) Calamine Lotion to Stop Mosquito Bites from Itching
The good old calamine lotion is best for skin problems irrespective of what they are. It has soft healing properties which don’t harm the skin. It is easily available in the market near you. Just apply calamine lotion over the area which has been bitten. Make sure to do it several times till the itching disappears completely. It may even help you with the bite problem.
4.) Lemon to Stop Mosquito Bites from Itching
Lemon is known for its antiseptic and antibacterial properties. The power of citrus can be used to get relief from all kinds of problems. It is not only limited to making you fit but also getting rid of itching sensation which is a result of a bite. Just follow these easy steps and you are good to go:
- Cut a lemon into two halves and take out its seed.
- Apply the fleshy area on the bites and rub it nicely.
- The lemon will show instant results.
- You could also apply lemon juice with the help of a cotton ball.
5.) Baking Soda to Stop Mosquito Bites from Itching
Sometimes the itching and swelling of the skin happen due to the acidic levels rising up. Baking soda being alkaline in nature helps provide relief from the itching sensation immediately. Follow the steps below to use it effectively:
- Mix equal amounts of baking soda and lukewarm water to prepare a paste.
- Apply the paste on the bites with the help of a cotton ball.
- Keep it there for some time and wash it off later.
6.) Aloe Vera to Stop Mosquito Bites from Itching
Aloe vera is one of the most famous herb, known for its remedial properties. The gel of the leaves of aloe vera plant has antiseptic properties. The same has been used from ages now to treat all kinds of problems. To use aloe vera to cure the itching issue, follow these steps.
- Mash up aloe vera leaves to collect its gel.
- Apply the gel on the skin for 30 minutes and wash it off.
- Alternatively, you could also but aloe vera gel available in the market.
7.) Ice Pack to Stop Mosquito Bites from Itching
The title is self-explanatory in this one. Sometimes all that your skin requires is some cooling. Cooling the bite area of the skin can help reduce the swelling and can effectively remove the sensation of itching. Just prepare an ice pack and you are good to go. To do it, you could follow these steps:
- Prepare an ice pack by adding ice in a Ziploc or a clean cloth.
- Apply the pack over the affected area for some time.
- Do it several times in a day for permanent relief.
8.) Toothpaste to Stop Mosquito Bites from Itching
Your everyday toothpaste does only help in maintaining the dental hygiene but also is effective in healing skin problems. For this purpose, make sure to use the white colored toothpaste. It has antiseptic properties, which is obvious considering what it is primarily used for. Gently massage it over the area where the itching occurs. Keep it there for 10 -15 minutes. Later on, wash it off with lukewarm water and you will notice that the itching has disappeared completely.
9.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Stop Mosquito Bites from Itching
This one makes a comeback again. Apple cider vinegar is the primary home remedy for all kinds of problem. To use it to stop mosquito bites from itching, just follow the simple steps below and there will be instant comfort:
- Mix apple cider vinegar in a tub of warm water. make sure to add it generously.
- Immerse your whole body in the solution. Make sure to add dip the bitten area especially.
- Relax for a while and wash it off with clean water.
10.) Banana to Stop Mosquito Bites from Itching
While the remedy may disgust some people and may even surprise many, this is the truth. The banana has properties which help relieve skin problems, especially itching sensation. The peel of the banana has been gifted with these remedial properties. To use it effectively, follow the steps below:
- Apply the peel of the banana on the skin.
- Massage it gently and keep doing it for a while.
- Continue to use it regularly and see the wonderful results.