Is it the bad odor coming from your body is a reason for screwing up your mood? Do you want to relax completely? Well, the only solution to such problem is to take a detox bath. It is the best way to remove all the toxins and impurities from our body. A detox bath is the best therapy that assists our body’s natural detoxification system. In an industrialized nation, this therapy is used by almost everyone. There is no need to step out to some spa to take a detox bath. It can be taken at your cozy homes easily. This article will guide you regarding various ways to take a detox bath.
Benefits of a Detox Bath:
- Benefits of a Detox Bath:
- Types of Detox Bath:
- 1.) How to Take a Detox Bath of Epsom Salt/ Magnesium Oil?
- 2.) How to Take a Detox Bath of Apple Cider Vinegar?
- 3.) How to Take a Detox Bath of Hydrogen Peroxide?
- 4.) How to Take a Detox Bath of Clay?
- 5.) How to Take a Detox Bath of Ginger Root?
- 6.) How to Take a Detox Bath of Sea Salt?
- 7.) How to Take a Detox Bath of Witch Hazel?
- 8.) How to Take a Detox Bath of Activated Charcoal?
- 9.) How to Take a Detox Bath of Baking Soda?
- 10.) How to Take a Detox Bath with Essential Oils?
Here are few important benefits of a detox bath.
- It eliminates excessive fat from our body.
- It is the best way to remove all the toxins from our body.
- It boosts the energy level of our body.
- It is cost-effective and can be easily performed at home.
- It boosts the metabolism of our body.
- It improves the blood circulation.
- It provides the rejuvenating effect to your skin.
- You may get clear skin with glowing and shiny texture through a detox bath.
Types of Detox Bath:
Well, you can take a detox bath by using several substances. This may include:
It is used to increase the blood supply by removing the toxins from our body. It activates the fluid movement in the tissues of our skin. It even improves the nerve function of our body by regulating the proper supply of electrolytes.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
It is used for changing the pH scale of our skin. It even helps in increasing the blood supply in our body. It prevents the bacteria and helps in regulating the pH levels.
It is used for the bleaching purpose.
It is used to kill the germs from our body. It helps in purifying our skin from various toxins.
It is used to create the alkalizing effect to our body. It neutralizes the alkaline/acid balance through the process of osmosis.
It improves the circulation in our body. It contains the heating property that causes sweating. But, it is the best way to draw out the toxins from the surface of our skin.
Though, clay is used as compresses or packs. But, it provides amazing alkalizing action in the body. It even stimulates the lymphatic system of our body. Clay is the best substance to get relief in the achy muscles.
It is an amazing substance for our skin that provides great skin benefits like soothing diaper rash, hemorrhoids, and poison ivy. It even provides relief in the discomfort caused due to varicose veins.
It is the most powerful detox product. It can fight the skin related problems like acne, eczema. It even heals the rashes and bites. But don’t overdo it, as it is a very powerful detox product.
It improves the skin’s metabolism that helps our body to detoxify faster.
How Detox Bath Works?
The best part about detox bath is that it draws out harmful toxins from our body. You must use the hot water that you can tolerate. When the water starts cooling down gradually then the toxins are pulled inside into the water through the process of osmosis.
How to Take a Detox Bath?
We are surrounded by toxins from everywhere. The harmful toxins are present in the air we breathe, food we eat, the water we drink and the medications we take. So, it becomes really important to take a detox bath for increasing the immunity and beauty of the body.
1.) How to Take a Detox Bath of Epsom Salt/ Magnesium Oil?
- Add one or half a teaspoon of Epsom salt in hot water.
- Soak it for 30-45 minutes
- Now, wrap yourself in the blanket to increase the detoxifying effect.
- Though Epsom can make our skin dry, but it is the best way to remove all the toxins from our body.
2.) How to Take a Detox Bath of Apple Cider Vinegar?
- Begin your bath with a just ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar in hot water, and gradually increase the amount.
- Just use one cup of apple cider vinegar in a tub.
- Soak it for 30 minutes.
- You will feel sleepy after taking the bath due to the presence of vinegar in the water.
3.) How to Take a Detox Bath of Hydrogen Peroxide?
- Add 35% of hydrogen peroxide in warm water.
- Soak it for 30 Minutes.
- Wrap in the towel and relax.
- It will increase your oxygen cellular levels, which in turn increases the alertness.
Note: Don’t take this bath at night because it will cause difficulty to sleep.
4.) How to Take a Detox Bath of Clay?
- Add 1-2 cups of clay in warm water.
- Pour it in the stream of water while filling the tub to avoid clumping.
- Soak it for 15-20 minutes.
- After taking the bath, rinse the tub with a large amount of water to clean it.
5.) How to Take a Detox Bath of Ginger Root?
- You may use both fresh grated ginger as well as ginger powder for this purpose.
- Add half or one –fourth cup of grated ginger or one teaspoon of ginger powder in warm water.
- Soak it for 15-30 minutes.
- Once you are done just wrap yourself in a blanket.
- You may also put on a sweatsuit.
- Your body will sweat at least for one hour, due to the heating effect of ginger.
6.) How to Take a Detox Bath of Sea Salt?
- Add one-fourth or half cup of sea salt in warm water.
- As sea salt is mild, so you can couple it up with other detox products like baking soda.
- Soak it for 30-45 minutes.
- it will provide the soothing affect on the open sores and blemishes.
- It is one of the oldest ways to draw out the toxins from our body.
7.) How to Take a Detox Bath of Witch Hazel?
- Add one or half cup of witch hazel in warm water.
- Soak it at least 15-30 minutes.
- It can be dry, so try it with a rich moisturizer like body oil.
8.) How to Take a Detox Bath of Activated Charcoal?
- Add one-fourth or half cup of activated charcoal in warm water.
- It is better to do it for the lesser time as activated charcoal is a strong detox substance.
- Once you are done, just rinse your body with water.
9.) How to Take a Detox Bath of Baking Soda?
- Add four cups of aluminum free baking soda in warm water.
- Soak it for 45 minutes.
- Don’t rinse in the shower once you have taken the bath.
- Just wrap yourself in a towel after a bath.
- It is an amazing way to get relief in swollen glands, sore throat, and soreness of mouth or gum.
10.) How to Take a Detox Bath with Essential Oils?
- Add 5-10 drops of any essential oil in emulsifying agent like sea salt, Epsom salt and baking soda.
- Mix it with warm water.
- Soak it for 20 minutes.
Few Important Things to be Followed After Taking a Detox Bath:
Here are few important things that you must remember to follow after taking a detox bath.
- Consume plenty of water after taking a detox bath. It is very important to consume a lot of water as your body gets dehydrated due to a detox bath.
- Avoid eating heavy meals before and after taking a detox bath.
- Always remember that you must not take detox bath more than 3 times in a week.
Here are few tips that you may follow to get various benefits from a detox bath.
- Always remember to drink a hot tea to encourage more sweating.
- You may use a cool cloth on your neck to get relief from heating.
- After taking a detox bath, just wrap yourself in a large towel or cloth for at least 2 hours. It is a great way to continue perspiration and detoxification process.
- Don’t take a detox bath on a regular basis.
- You are recommended to take a detox bath only 2-3 times in a week.
- You may experience the minor side effects like restlessness, anxiety, lightheadedness, and tingling.
- Pregnant women and people suffering from any type of heart diseases must avoid detox bath at any cost. Since the toxins are released from our body rapidly. Hence, it may cause overheating and high blood pressure. All this may lead to heart attack in the heart patients and the women with a developing fetus.