This article is about the remedies that are used to treat a blood blister. Blood blisters are the blisters that appear on the skin when the skin gets hurt with no signs of piercings. The blister is filled with blood and lymph. It doesn’t hurt much, but leaves behind the dead skin and dark spot on the finger. There are a number of simple remedies that are used to treat a blood blister. They are easy to use and easily available as well. Just go through the article to learn about the remedies for blood blister.
Ways to Treat a Blood Blister:
Here are the ways that you can use to get rid of blood blisters. A blood blister heals up on its own, but the process is long. It is good to treat it at initial stage. Remedies to treat a blood blister are:
1.) Ice Compress to Treat a Blood Blister
Ice compress helps with the inflammation. It also stops the internal bleeding as well. You just have to give your blood blister a cold compress and you get rid of it.
- Take a clean cloth and keep four ice cubes in it.
- Know tie a knot and put it on the blister.
- Keep it for a few seconds and remove it.
- Keep on repeating it.
- You will see the instant effect and will notice the difference.
2.) Sandalwood to Treat a Blood Blister
Sandalwood has cooling properties that soothes the skin and eliminates irritation. It is good for the swelling and bumps. What you have to do is:
- Take a tablespoon of sandalwood powder.
- Add enough rose water to make a paste.
- Now apply the paste on the blister.
- Wash it off when it gets dry.
- Repeat this remedy several times a day.
3.) Aloe Vera to Treat a Blood Blister
Aloe Vera has anti-inflammatory properties and thus works great on blood blister. What you have to do is follow the simple steps and make a perfect remedy out of Aloe Vera. It will reduce the swelling and will eliminate the redness as well. What you have to do is:
- Take a fleshy Aloe Vera leaf.
- Cut it into two to extract the juice.
- Now apply the juice on the blister and allow it to dry completely.
- Now wash it off and repeat it several times a day.
4.) Vitamin E to Treat a Blood Blister
Vitamin E is a very important ingredient to fight off any of the skin problems. It makes the skin smooth, removes the dead cells and helps with the redness and swelling. You just have to extract the oil from the vitamin E capsules and apply on the blister. You can also mix it with Aloe Vera gel for better results. Follow the steps to use it:
- Take some vitamin E capsules and extract oil from them.
- Now, take the equal amount of Aloe Vera gel and mix them well.
- Now apply the prepared paste on the blister.
- Allow it to dry on its own and wash it off.
- Keep on repeating it until you get the desired results.
5.) Cucumber to Treat a Blood Blister
Cucumber has mineral traces and watery contents that are great for the skin. It helps with the inflammation and redness appeared because of blisters. What you have to do is drink a glass of cucumber juice every day and you get rid of blood blister. You can also apply it directly on the blister. For the purpose:
- Take a cucumber that was kept in the refrigerator.
- Cut the cucumber into thick slices and rub the slice gently on the blister.
- Keep on repeating the process until the blister is completely gone.
6.) Witch Hazel to Treat a Blood Blister
Witch hazel helps with the pain and swelling. It has astringent tannin that helps dry the skin and eliminate the pain. It also speeds up the healing process. Using it is easy. You have to apply it directly on the blister and you will see the difference. Just follow the steps to use it:
- Take some witch hazel and dab it on the blister.
- Allow it to dry on its own and wash it off.
- Do this at least four times a day.
7.) Turmeric to Treat a Blood Blister
Turmeric is antiseptic in nature and is considered to be among the best remedies for the skin. It is also used to bring a glow to the skin and removes the spots and scars. It heals the cuts and the burns in the skin. When it comes to blisters, it helps with the swelling, pain and redness and also doubles up the healing process. What you have to do is:
- Take a tablespoon of turmeric and add enough rose water and honey to make a fine paste.
- Mix it well and when the paste is ready, apply it on the blister.
- Allow it to dry on its own and rinse it with water.
- Use this remedy thrice a day.
8.) Bandage to Treat a Blood Blister
Blister might appear on the places where there are chances of being rubbed on the walls increases. You can apply any of the above given remedies, but that will be of no use as it will get rubbed off. So, it is better to cover the blister with a loose bandage.
- Make sure that you use the bandage when the blister is on the foot as there are great chances of it being rubbed off.
- Wash your blister carefully before apply the bandage.
9.) Garlic to Treat a Blood Blister
Garlic oil is great to be used for the purpose of treating a blood blister. It helps with the inflammation, redness and pain. Garlic has the properties that prevents the infection as well. Go through the given steps to use it:
- Take some garlic oil and heat it and allow it to cool.
- When it has completely cooled down, rub it gently on the skin.
- Allow the oil to sit for 30 minutes.
- Now, wash it off.
- Do it at least thrice a day for the best results.
10.) Ginger to Treat a Blood Blister
There are a lot of benefits of the ginger. It is the hub of n number of properties that are meant to treat n number of problems. Ginger has the qualities that deals with the pain and swelling. It also fights off any kind of infection caused by the blister. Use it in the following ways:
- Take a ginger and grate it nicely to extract the juice.
- Apply it gently on the blister.
- Leave it for some time and wash it off.
- Repeat the process several times a day.
11.) Tea Tree Oil to Treat a Blood Blister
Tea tree oil can also be used quite effectively in order to treat a blood blister. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties that are good at treating a number of skin problems. Make sure that you use it in its purest form. What you have to do is:
- Take some tea tree oil and dilute it in water.
- Apply it on the affected area and allow it get dry for 10 minutes.
- Now was it off with cold water.
- Do it thrice a day for best results.
12.) Epsom Salt to Treat a Blood Blister
Epsom salt is rich in properties that help with inflammation. It is really effective at treating a blood blister. Just follow the steps to use it:
- Take some water and mix epsom salt to it.
- Now use the water to wash the blister.
- Repeat the method thrice a day and you have the positive results.