This article is about ways to treat a foot blister. Foot blisters are tiny bumps filled with fluid. They generally pop up because of ill-fitted shoes. If your shoes are new or tighter or loose then you can have great chances of getting attacked by blisters. They are marked by redness, itchiness and pain. It is so irritating that it can make you quit wearing shoes for some time and you have to wear slippers and flip flops. If you also have foot blisters then you need not worry. This article is about the methods that are used to treat a blister. Here you are going to learn about the simple remedies that are used to treat a foot blister.
Causes of Occurrence of a Foot Blister:
- Wearing ill-fitted shoes.
- Wearing the same shoes for a number of days.
- Wearing shoes in rainy season.
- Wearing wet shoes.
- Wearing shoes when your feet are wet.
- Walking long distance.
- Repeating single exercise.
Ways to Treat a Foot Blister:
Here are different ways that are used to treat a foot blister. If you want to get rid of them badly then you need not worry. Here are the ways that you can use to treat them. Methods used to treat a foot blister are:
1.) Green Tea Bags to Treat a Foot Blister
Green tea has anti-inflammatory properties that are good in order to get rid of the redness in the blisters. It is, thus, an amazing remedy to treat a blister. What you have to do is:
- Take a tea bag and a cup of water.
- Steep the bag in water for 5 minutes.
- Now take the bag out and allow it to cool.
- Now, apply the moist bag on the blister.
- Do it at least four times on a daily basis.
2.) Aloe Vera to Treat a Foot Blister
Aloe Vera has soothing properties that is much beneficial for the redness and swelling. It has the cooling effects which help with the pain as well. Use the Aloe Vera in following way:
- Take a flesh leaf from the Aloe Vera plant.
- Cut it into two to extract the gel.
- Now take the gel and apply it on the blister.
- Leave it to dry.
- When it is completely dried, wash it off with lukewarm water.
3.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat a Foot Blister
Apple Cider Vinegar has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that help with swelling, redness and pain. It also avoids infection. Use it in following way:
- Take half cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Dip a cotton ball in it.
- When it is completely saturated, apply it on the blister.
4.) Castor Oil to Treat a Foot Blister
Castor oil is also an effective remedy to treat a foot blister. It helps with itchiness and stimulate the healing process. Follow the steps to use it:
- Take some castor oil and smear on the blister.
- Leave it overnight.
- Do this for three consecutive days.
5.) Onion Paste to Treat a Foot Blister
Onion paste is also helpful at treating the foot blister. Make sure that you use it with apple cider vinegar. It’s a very simple but effective remedy used to treat a foot blister.
- Take ½ teaspoon of onion paste and 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Mix them well and apply it on the blister.
- Allow it to dry.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
6.) Vitamin E to Treat a Foot Blister
Vitamin E is a fantastic element for the skin. It helps in keeping the skin perfect. It helps with the foot blister also. It acts as a moisturiser and thus helps with the swelling.
- Extract the oil from the Vitamin E capsules.
- Mix it with equal amount of calendula oil.
- Apply it on the blister and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Now, wash it off.
7.) Turmeric to Treat a Foot Blister
Turmeric is antiseptic in nature and thus prevents infection and helps with the pain, redness, itchiness and swelling. Use it and you get rid of the blister. Follow the steps to use it:
- Take one teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Add sufficient amount of water to make a paste.
- Now apply the paste on the blister and leave for 10 minutes.
- Wash it with lukewarm water.
- Do this three times a day and your blister is gone.
8.) Salt Water to Treat a Foot Blister
Soak your legs in salt water in order to get rid of the blister. It fights off the redness, swelling and itchiness. Make a salt solution and soak your legs in that. For the solution:
- Take a bucket half-filled with lukewarm water.
- Add a cup of salt to it and mix it well.
- Now soak your legs in the bucket for 15 minutes.
- Do it on regular intervals and get rid of the blisters.
9.) Toothpaste to Treat a Foot Blister
Toothpaste has the cooling properties that help with swelling, redness and pain. White toothpaste to get rid of a foot blister.
- Take some toothpaste on your finger.
- Apply it on the blister.
- Leave it for 2 hours and clean it using a clean wet cotton cloth.
10.) White Vinegar to Treat a Foot Blister
White vinegar to is one of the best remedies to be used to treat a foot blister. It helps with the redness and itchiness.
- Take ½ cup of white vinegar.
- Add 3 tsp of castor oil to it.
- Gently rub this on the blister for some time.
- Do this several times a day.
11.) Tea Tree Oil to Treat a Foot Blister
Tea tree oil is also counted among the best remedies used to treat a foot blister. Your can use the cream available in the market which contains its extract or you can use it differently in its original form.
- Take some tea tree oil and mix with water.
- Now use a cotton swab and apply that on the blister.
- Allow it to sit for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off.
12.) Chamomile Tea to Treat a Foot Blister
Chamomile tea has the soothing qualities that makes the foot blister disappear. It treats the redness and swelling as well. Using it is easy.
- Prepare a cup of strong chamomile tea.
- Dip a cloth in it and apply it on the blister.
- Leave it for some time.
- Now, you can wash it off.
Other Useful Tips to Avoid a Foot Blister:
- Do not wear the same shoes for repeated days.
- Use flip flops during rainy season.
- Dry your feet properly before wearing socks.
- Never avoid wearing socks with shoes, especially with the new ones.
- Do not remove the loose skin from the blister.
Ways to Treat a Blister on Hands:
We talked about blisters on foot. Now, it’s time to learn about blisters on hands. You can also develop a blister on hands. You need not panic in these case. You just have to follow the given steps in that case. These are the simple steps that will help you treat your blister on hand. What you have to do is:
- Wash you hands properly – The very first step that you need to follow in order to treat a blister on hand is to wash your hands. Make sure that the water is soapy and warm. It will help wash the area effectively.
- Give it Some Air – Allow your blister to get some air. If it is small and broken, do not cover it with bandage. Allow it heal on its own. And yes, do not wear gloves.
- Protect Your Blister – If you are going out in sunlight, protect the blister from popping. It may also get infected so it is good to protect it.
- Drain it – It’s time to drain it. What you have to do is wash a sewing needle with alcohol. You can use it sing a cotton ball dipped in alcohol. When the fluid comes out, wipe it. Do not remove the skin. Apply an ointment on the skin. You can use polymyxin B or bacitracin antibiotic for purpose.
- Cover It – Now it’s time to go for the final step, cover it with a bandage.