If you are suffering from belly button infection or you are affected by the pierced navel, then you need to know how to treat belly button infection. Here is the solution in this article. We will give you some valuable tips to treat belly button infection.
Belly button infection is a very common problem in people who pierced their navel. Those who never had pierced their navel can also be affected by belly button infection. It is the reason of stimulating fungi and bacteria which helps in creating the warm, dark and moist area. These bacteria and fungi may cause belly button infection. This infection may also cause nausea. Belly button infection can also affect infants. Belly button infection is damp, dark and deep. Soap, sweat and other substances deposited in the navel that can promote bacterial growth and cause an infection. The symptoms of belly button infection are mild pain, redness, and gray or green discharge. There are some other factors also that contribute to belly button infection such as belly button piercing, obesity, exposure to UV rays, diabetes and sebaceous cysts. There are some treatments that will help you to get rid of belly button infection.
Symptoms of Belly Button Infection:
- Swelling with redness and pain.
- Red lines that emits from the piercing side.
- Gray, green, yellow or brown discharge that has a bad odor.
- Dizziness, upset stomach or vomiting, and fever.
Causes of Belly Button Infection:
- Piercing- Many women want to become sexier that’s why they pierced their belly button. Due to which infection gets spread over that area, especially when the piercing is not done properly.
- Touching- Your hands carry lots of bacteria. When you touch your belly button, then these bacteria will cause an infection.
- Improper Hygiene- If you are not bathing properly and frequently, then the bacteria and fungi grow on your belly button, resulting in infection. However, if you are not removing soap properly from your belly and if you are bathing with dirty water, then it will cause an infection.
Remedies to Treat Belly Button Infection:
Belly button infection spreads when you pierced your navel. It can also spread by improper hygiene and also by touching with your dirty hands. Hence, we need to treat belly button infection. Here are some methods to cure belly button infection.
1.) Warm Salt Water to Prevent Belly Button Infection
Warm salt water acts as a disinfectant. To cure belly button infection, warm salt water is the best remedy. The salt helps to absorb the moisture inside the belly button. Also, salt helps to eliminate the bacteria and virus and also aids in treating the infection. Thus helping to treat belly button infection effectively.
Steps to Use Salt Water to Treat Navel Piercing Infection:
- Take a glass of warm water and mix one tablespoon of salt in it.
- Then take a cotton ball and soak it in the warm water.
- Apply it on your affected area for better results.
- Repeat this method 2 or 3 times a day until you get relief from infection.
2.) Warm Compress to Heal Belly Button Infection Fast
Warm compress is one of the best home remedies for treating belly button infection. Try to use a warm compress to relieve the infection. To heal your infection, heat is effective which comes from the warm compress. Heat is disliked by bacteria and viruses which makes it as an effective home remedy to get rid of belly button infection effectively.
Steps to Use Warm Compress to Get Relief from Belly Button Infection:
- Take a washcloth and dip it into the warm water.
- Then wring out the excess water.
- Dab the warm cloth on your navel for a few minutes.
- Repeat this procedure several times a day.
- This will surely help you to get rid of belly button infection.
3.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Belly Button Infection Naturally
Tea tree oil is an effective natural remedy to treat belly button infection. This is because it has natural antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-fungal properties that help to cure belly button infection. It also helps in killing the bacteria and virus those are responsible of causing infection in the area. All these qualities makes it as an effective home remedy to get rid of belly button infection, naturally.
Steps to Use Tea Tree Oil to Prevent Belly Button Infection:
- Combine one teaspoon of olive oil or coconut oil or even mustard oil and 4 to 5 drops of tea tree oil.
- Soak a cotton ball with this oil and apply it on the infected belly button area.
- Leave it for ten minutes to work, then use a tissue to wipe it off.
- Follow this treatment two to three times daily.
- Repeating regularly will help to get rid of the infection effectively.
4.) Rubbing Alcohol to Treat Belly Button Infection
To prevent the growth of infection, which is caused by bacteria and fungi you can use rubbing alcohol. As it has natural antiseptic properties. It also gives relief from irritation and pain. This makes it as one of the effective home remedies to get rid of belly button infection, fast and effectively.
Steps to Use Rubbing Alcohol to Avoid Piercing Infection:
- Take some amount of rubbing alcohol.
- Soak a cotton ball in it.
- Now, apply it on your affected area.
- Repeat it several times a day.
- This will help to fight and get rid of infection.
5.) White Vinegar to Treat Belly Button Infection Fast
White vinegar plays a vital role to stop discharge from an infected area due to its acidic property. Also, it is beneficial in treating the infection and preventing it from spreading further. This makes it as one of the effective remedies to get rid of belly button infection and also to speed up the recovery process.
Steps to Use White Vinegar for the Treatment of Belly Button Infection:
- Combine one part of white vinegar and two parts of warm water.
- Dab a cotton ball into this solution and apply it on belly button infection.
- Leave it for at least 15 minutes.
- Then wash it off with warm water.
- Repeat this remedy two to three times daily.
6.) Aloe Vera to Cure Belly Button Infection Naturally
Aloe Vera is a natural remedy to heal belly button infection. It has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties to relieve your pain and also helps in speeding up the recover process. This makes it as one of the effective home remedy to get rid of belly button infection.
Steps to Use Aloe Vera to Prevent Belly Button Infection:
- Extract the gel from the aloe Vera leaf.
- Apply this gel on your affected area and let it dry.
- Use a wet tissue to clean it.
- Repeat this remedy many times a day until the infection has gone.
7.) Turmeric to Treat Belly Button Infection Naturally
Turmeric is the best solution to keep infections at bay. It is a natural antibiotic and antiseptic agent which can help to heal infection easily. The medicinal properties of Turmeric is also helpful in speeding up the recovery process and killing the bacteria causing infection. This makes it as one of the effective home remedies to get rid of belly button infection.
Steps to Use Turmeric to Heal Belly Button Infection Fast:
- Make a paste of turmeric powder and water.
- Apply this paste on your infected area.
- Leave it dry for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Then wipe it off using a tissue to dry it.
- Follow this remedy 2 to 3 times a day to get rid of the infection.
8.) Lilac to Treat Belly Button Infection Fast
Indian lilac is known as the best natural home remedy for treating many disease and infection. This is because it has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties to prevent itching and reduce pain, which makes it as one of the effective home remedies to get rid of belly button infection.
Steps to Use Lilac to Cure Belly Button Infection:
- Take some Lilac leaves and grind them to make a paste of it.
- Then apply it on your infected belly button area.
- For better results, you can also add a teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Let it dry for 20 minutes.
- Wash your infected area with warm water.
- Use a clean towel to dry it thoroughly.
- Do this remedy twice a day for several days.
- As an alternative method, you can also mix a few drops of Lilac oil to one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Apply this on your affected area for quick results.
9.) Use Calendula to Get Rid of Belly Button Infection Fast
Calendula is a herb that contains natural anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and hydrating properties which prevent itching and further growth of infection. This makes it as one of the effective home remedies to get rid of belly button infection.
Steps to Use Calendula to Cure Belly Button Infection:
- Take 2 to 3 flowers of calendula and crush them to extract the juice.
- Apply this juice on the infected area of the belly button.
- Repeat this remedy 2 to 3 times a day for some days to get relief from the infection.
10.) Proper and Healthy Diet to Treat Belly Button Infection
Have a proper and healthy diet that should be rich in Vitamin C, zinc and antioxidants for proper healing. All these nutrients are very much necessary for your body to meet the requirements, fight infection and speed up the recovery process. Maintaining a healthy diet will also keep your immune system strong. This eventually will prevent the body from any kind of infection and diseases by fighting off the responsible bacteria and viruses.
- Food which is rich in vitamin C are berries, kiwi, mango, orange, papaya, sweet potato and many more.
- Zinc include oysters, poultry, beans, nuts, whole grains and dairy products.
- These food helps to cure belly button infection.
- Try to include them in your diet regularly.
- Having them even after the infection is treated will cause no harm.
- It is in fact beneficial for your health.
11.) Keep the Affected Area Clean to Prevent Belly Button Infection
If you want to prevent the growth of bacteria in the belly button, then you need to clean the affected area. Also, try and maintain proper bodily hygiene and do not let water set in any part of your body. Especially the intimate areas as warm and moist areas are the first to get infected by the bacteria and viruses.
Steps to Clean Affected Area to Get Rid of Belly Button Infection:
- While taking a bath, use an antibacterial soap to clean the area.
- After taking a bath, use a clean towel to dry it.
- Then apply some water-based antibacterial lotion or cream.
- Repeat it 2 to 3 times daily to disappear the infection.
12.) OTC Treatments to Treat Belly Button Infection Fast
- Medical treatment depends only on the type and severity of infection.
- If the condition of the infected area is mild, then you need to apply the topical antibiotic cream.
- After several applications of antibiotic cream, the infection disappears.
- But those who have a worse condition, they are needed to take antibiotics.
- Surgery is performed during extreme cases only.