Feeling pain in the foot, while walking leads to calluses. Most of the women wear high heels so they suffer from calluses. Shoes that are too tight or not fit correctly are likely to rub against the skin causing friction. Some of the other causes of calluses are not wearing socks, manual labor and not wearing shoes. Calluses can develop on any area of the skin, especially on the foot. It can also develop on the fingers, hands and any other part of the skin. Calluses are caused by the pressure or friction on the skin. They are very hard, thick patches on the skin. So, treat calluses on time by following some treatments which are given in this article.
Symptoms of Calluses:
- Hard and thick area of the skin.
- Round bumps on the skin.
- Pain under the skin.
- Dry, scaly and flaky skin
Causes of Calluses:
- Skipping Socks
- Wearing ill-fitting shoes.
- Playing instruments or using hand tools.
Best Remedies to Treat Calluses:
1.) Aspirin to Treat Calluses
Aspirin helps to soften the hardened skin around a calluses. It will also help to eliminate the pain caused by the callus.
Steps to Use Aspirin to Get Rid of Calluses Fast:
- Take 5 or 6 aspirin tablets, crush them into powder form.
- Add one-half tsp of lemon juice and ¼ tsp of water to the powder and mix it well.
- Apply, this paste to the callus and use a plastic bag to cover it.
- Again cover it with a warm towel for 10 minutes.
- Remove the coverings and wash it off with warm water.
- Use a pumice stone to remove the dead skin cells.
- Use it once daily for a few days.
2.) Lemon to Get Rid of Calluses on Feet
Lemon peel and lemon juice can be used to treat calluses because of its acidic nature. It also eliminates the discomfort.
Steps to Use Lemon to Treat Calluses Fast:
- Use a small piece of lemon peel and put it over the callus.
- Cover it with a bandage and leave it for the whole night.
- In the morning, replace the lemon peel with the new one peel.
- Repeat it daily, until the callus is gone.
3.) Bread and Vinegar to Treat Calluses
Both bread and vinegar are very effective for calluses on the feet. It helps to soften the callused skin and eliminate the risk of infection.
Steps to Use Bread and Vinegar to Prevent Calluses:
- Put your feet in warm water and then use a pumice stone to rub the affected area.
- Then, clean your feet. Take a half slice of bread and soak it in one-half cup of white vinegar.
- Then place the soaked bread to the affected area and cover it with a bandage.
- Leave it for the whole night. In the morning, remove the bandage.
- Repeat it daily at night until you get relief.
4.) Baking Soda to Treat Calluses Fast
Baking soda acts as a natural exfoliant, which helps to cure calluses. The crystals present in baking soda helps to soften the hardened skin.
Steps to Use Baking Soda to Avoid Calluses:
- Add 3 tbsp of baking soda to a tub, which is filled with warm water.
- Mix it well and put your feet in it for 10 minutes.
- Then wash your feet and remove the soften skin with a pumice stone.
- Do it daily to get rid of calluses.
5.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Cure Calluses
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best home remedies for treating calluses. Apple cider vinegar works as an acidic agent, which helps to soften the hard skin and heal the calluses fast.
Steps to Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Calluses:
- Take a cotton ball and soak it in apple cider vinegar.
- Then apply it on your callus before bedtime. Keep it for the whole night.
- In the next morning, rub the affected skin with a pumice stone.
- Then apply some coconut oil or olive oil to keep the area moisturized.
- Repeat it once a day for a few days, until your callus is gone.
6.) Epsom Salt to Treat Calluses Fast and Naturally
The easiest way to treat callus is to soak the affected area in warm water, which is mixed with the Epsom salt. It softens the area, which makes it easier to rub the hard skin away and prevent your feet from the infection.
Steps to Use Epsom Salt to Remove Calluses:
- Pour some hot water in a tub and add a handful of Epsom salt in it. Mix it thoroughly.
- Put your feet in this solution for 10 minutes.
- Rub the affected area with a pumice stone in a circular motion for a few minutes.
- Use clean water to wash your feet and eliminate the dead skin cells.
- Then apply lotion to moisturize your feet. Repeat it daily until the callus heals.
7.) Castor Oil to Treat Calluses Naturally and Fast
Castor oil is a natural remedy for calluses. The thickness of the oil will help to moisturize the dry and rough skin, which helps to soften the skin.
Steps to Use Castor Oil for Calluses Treatment:
- Dab a cotton ball in castor oil and apply it to your callus.
- Cover it with an adhesive tape.
- Follow this remedy daily, until the callus is gone.
8.) Onion to Get Rid of Calluses on Bottom of Foot
Onion is one of the best home remedies for treating calluses. The acidic nature of the onions is very beneficial for treating calluses.
Steps to Use Onion to Prevent Calluses Fast:
- Take a peeled small onion.
- Put it in white vinegar for 3 to 4 hours.
- Apply, this soaked onion to the affected area and wrap your affected area with a plastic.
- Keep it overnight. In the morning, remove the dead skin with a pumice stone.
- Do it once a day for a week.
9.) Chamomile to Treat Calluses Naturally
Chamomile is a herb, which gives a soothing effect to the skin. That’s why it is a popular remedy for calluses.
Steps to Use Chamomile Tea to Cure Calluses Overnight:
- Prepare a cup of chamomile tea.
- Then pour some water in a tub and add chamomile tea to it.
- Put your feet in this water for 10 minutes.
- Before bedtime, do this process daily.
- This will keep your feet moisturized.
10.) Vitamin E or A to Treat Calluses Fast
Vitamin E or A capsule helps to get rid of calluses.
Steps to Use Vitamin E or A:
- Rub the oil, which is present in the vitamin E or A into your callus for a few minutes.
- Then wear cotton socks before going to bed.
- Repeat it daily until the calluses is removed.
Additional Tips to Prevent Calluses:
- Avoid heels if you have calluses on your feet.
- You must wear socks along with shoes. Wear cotton socks only.
- Sprinkle some cornstarch inside your shoes. This will help to keep your feet dry and free from infections.
- Wear leather shoes to avoid calluses.
- Always wear comfortable shoes but if you wear tight shoes then change it immediately.
- Don’t remove them by cutting or slicing as it will increase the risk of infection.