This article is about different ways to use baking soda for acne. There are many people who experience the ill effects of pimples and try almost anything to everything to get rid of pimples. Fortunately, baking soda is one of the best remedies for treating acne and pimples. It helps to dry out pimples and removes the excess oil from the skin. The very advantage of this home remedy is that it has no side effects and it is very easy to use by following Steps. This article will let you know all the effective ways to use baking soda for acne.
Baking soda can exhibit the pimples causing germs. It is a well-proven remedy for acne. It might not work as fast as cosmetics and creams available in the market, but it also does not leave any scars and marks on the skin. And, in a long run it proves more effective than other treatment and remedies for acne.
How Does Baking Soda Help to Treat Acne?
- Baking soda is amphoteric, which means that it can work either as an acidic or a base. It maintain the pH level of the skin and kill bacteria that cause infections and acne.
- Baking soda dries the skin, regulates the production of excess oil, which results in clogged pores.
- Mix its water and make a thick paste. Apply it to the affected area. It will clean the skin and will also remove oil, dirt and dead skin cells.
Best Ways to Use Baking Soda for Acne:
1.) Simple Way to Use Baking Soda for Acne
- Mix two tablespoons of baking soda with two tablespoons of water to prepare a smooth paste.
- Wash and pet dry your face thoroughly, then apply the paste to the affected area. In case, if any a pimple is open, this can give a tingling feeling in that area. However, it will not aggravate
- Sit back and relax for 15 minutes, then rinse off.
- You can also leave it overnight, however, this can make your skin extremely dry.
- Moisturize your face after using the baking soda.
2.) Baking Soda Face Mask for Acne
- Mix two tablespoons of baking soda with two tablespoons of water and a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Wash and dry your face, then apply a thin layer of the baking soda on the affected area. It may give you burning sensation. But do not worry it has no side effects.
- Leave the paste and sit for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse off with warm water.
3.) Baking Soda for Acne as a Cleanser
- Mix two tablespoons of baking soda with two tablespoons of water until it turns in a smooth paste.
- Add a spoon of lemon juice in it. The citrus extract in the lemon works as an exfoliator and dries out the pimples.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and apply the baking soda paste to the skin.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water with a clean cloth.
- Apply a cream or lotion to the skin after rinsing, otherwise, your skin will get dry.
4.) Baking Soda for Acne as a Bath Soak
In case, if you experience skin inflammation at your back, you can use this remedy by cleaning up with baking soda.
- Sprinkle a large portion of baking soda into your warm bath water and mix with your hand.
- Soak yourself in the tub for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then wash yourself off in the shower with the normal water.
- The baking soda will minimize the clogged pores and skin inflammation.
5.) Sandalwood Powder with Baking Soda for Acne
Sandalwood powder is well-known for its antiseptic and antibacterial properties. This will help you a lot to get rid of acne when mixed with the baking soda. All you need to do is to follow simple step given below to make simple face mask using three things sandalwood powder, baking soda and rose-water.
- Take 2 tablespoons of sandalwood powder in a bowl.
- Mix 4 tablespoon of rose-water and 1 tablespoon of baking soda.
- Stir it well to form a smooth paste.
- Apply it on the affected area.
- Rinse it after 20 minutes.
- Repeat this for a week.
6.) Baking Soda for Acne with Face Wash
You can simply add few pinches of baking soda to your daily face wash gel to get rid of acne. This will help you to deep clean the skin and remove dirt particle that blocks the skin pores and prevent it to breath properly. Always make sure use normal water with room temperature or the cool water to wash your face. This will help to reduce the amount of oil production in your skin which is the main cause of acne.
7.) Baking Soda for Acne with Sunburn Cream
Acne are very sensitive and need to be taken care of when exposed to sunlight, so make sure you apply sunburn cream before you step out from your home. All you need to do is just mix 2 to 3 pinches of baking soda with the sunburn cream and apply it on the pimple and face this will help you to prevent the cane from irritation.
8.) Baking Soda for Acne with Orange Juice
The Vitamin C present in the orange juice helps to make the skin brighter and the excellent citric acid can remove the skin pores. For best results, you can take orange juice with lemon juice for a same purpose. Read below the way to use orange juice with baking soda.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with 1 tablespoon of orange juice (without pulp).
- Wash your face, pat it dry
- Apply the mixture onto your skin and rub it for 2 minutes.
- Now leave the mixture on the face for 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off with face wash, pat dry, and moisturize.
9.) Baking Soda for Acne with Honey
Honey contains a natural anti-biotic and anti-septic properties that are very essential in making the skin healthy and removing the acne. When honey is mixed with baking soda it forms a best remedy to treat acne naturally.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda, with 2 teaspoons of honey.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Wash your face and pat it dry.
- Apply the mixture on your face and relax for 15 minutes.
- Then rinse it off and moisturize your skin.
10.) Baking Soda for Acne with Tree Tea Oil
Tea tree oil is a powerful source of anti-biotic, that you can easily find it in any stores. This can effectively help you to get rid of acne at home. The best part of using baking soda with tea tree oil is that you lower the chance of scar formation.
- Mix 1/3 cup baking soda with 1 tablespoon of orange juice.
- Add 2 tablespoons of tea tree oil to form a smooth paste.
- Wash and pat dry the face.
- Apply the mask on your face and relax it for 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off with face wash and moisturize your face.