Does your feet smell stink or do people make a bad face when you pass by because of the foul smell from your feet? If yes, then you do not need to worry about it anymore because we are here to help you. To get rid of the foot odor foot deodorant is not enough you ought to follow some remedies by religiously. Read more, to know about stinky foot and different remedies that will help you to get rid of foot odor naturally.
Causes of Foot Odor:
Foot odor is also known as bromhidrosis. The condition is due to:
- Unhygienic feet
- Sweat build up in the feet
- Wearing shoes and socks for a long time, since they keep the feet covered and do not allow the air inside.
- The root cause of the smelly foot is bacteria known as “Brevibacterium” which feeds on the dry and dead skin (of feet). Moreover, it flourishes in the warm and damp environments, which it finds in socks.
Remedies to Get Rid of Foot Odor Naturally:
- Remedies to Get Rid of Foot Odor Naturally:
- 1.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Foot Odor Naturally
- How to Use ACV?
- 2.) Alum Powder to Get Rid of Foot Odor Naturally
- 3.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Foot Odor Naturally
- 4.) Black Tea to Get Rid of Foot Odor Naturally
- 5.) Lavender Oil to Get Rid of Foot Odor Naturally
- 6.) Epsom Salt to Get Rid of Foot Odor Naturally
- 7.) Sugar to Get Rid of Foot Odor Naturally
- 8.) Ginger Roots to Get Rid of Foot Odor Naturally
- 9.) Borax to Get Rid of Foot Odor Naturally
- 10.) Sage to Get Rid of Foot Odor Naturally
- 11.) Bleach to Get Rid of Foot Odor Naturally
- 12.) Talcum Powder to Get Rid of Foot Odor Naturally
1.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Foot Odor Naturally
Since apple cider vinegar is acidic in nature, therefore, it creates an acidic environment around the bacteria and does not let it survive. Apple cider vinegar is a common remedy for all skin type problem, but to get rid of foot odor you can use any other vinegar as well.
How to Use ACV?
- Fill a bucket or a small tub with 8 cups of hot water and add one and a half cup of ACV in it.
- Soak your feets in the water for 20 minutes.
- Then wash your feet to remove the smell of vinegar.
- Soak your foot in a mixture of warm water and ACV 2-3 times a day until you get rid of foot odor completely.
2.) Alum Powder to Get Rid of Foot Odor Naturally
Alum powder does not allow bacteria to grow. The antiseptic property of the powder makes it a favorable remedy to get rid of the smelly foot.
How to Use Alum Powder?
- In a cup of warm water mix a teaspoon of alum powder.
- Wash your feet regularly with this mixture.
- And sprinkle alum powder on the dried feet.
- Do this regularly until the odor bids goodbye.
3.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Foot Odor Naturally
You can also use baking soda to eliminate bromhidrosis. It neutralizes the pH of the feet’s sweat and kills the bacteria that leads to foot odor.
How to Use Baking soda?
- In a bucket or a small tub add warm water and mix baking soda in it.
- Soak your feet in the mixture for 15-20 minutes.
- Alternatively, to keep the foot odor at the bay sprinkle some baking soda in the socks and shoes before them.
4.) Black Tea to Get Rid of Foot Odor Naturally
The tannic acid present in the black tea kills the bacteria that treats the stinky smell. Also, it closes the pores of the skin of feet which gives way to sweat which is a shelter of the bacteria.
How to Use Black Tea?
- In 3 cups of water boil 2 bags of black tea.
- In a half bucket filled with normal water dip black tea bags.
- Soak your feet in the water and leave them for 15-20 minutes. Make sure that the water isn’t too warm.
- To keep the stinky foot at the bay follow this remedy regularly.
5.) Lavender Oil to Get Rid of Foot Odor Naturally
Lavender oil destroys the bacteria. Also, it smells good and its anti-fungal properties are like icing on the cake to get rid of the foot odor. To keep the stinky smell at the bay massage few drops of lavender oil on the foot.
Ways to Use Lavender Oil:
- Alternatively, add a few drops of lavender oil in the warm water.
- Soak your feet in it and rinse them after 15-20 minutes.
- To eliminate the foot odor repeat this remedy 2 times a day.
6.) Epsom Salt to Get Rid of Foot Odor Naturally
Epsom salt kills the bacteria and reduces the foot odor. Moreover, it will also relax your body and treat the pain in the foot. It is one of the best home remedies to remove foot odor.
Ways to Use Epsom Salt:
- In a half bucket of warm water mix 2 t-spoon of Epsom salt.
- Soak your feet in this solution for 15-20 minutes.
- Do this regularly, especially in the night before hitting the hay.
7.) Sugar to Get Rid of Foot Odor Naturally
A gentle scrub of sugar will help you to get rid of foot odor. It removes the dead skin and calluses which are one of the causes of the stinky foot.
How to Apply Sugar?
- In a water mix isopropyl alcohol (above 91%) and sugar. Sugar content should be more than the water.
- Use this mixture to scrub the feet for 5-10 minutes.
- Later, rinse your feet.
- Follow this 2-3 times a day to get rid of the foot odor.
8.) Ginger Roots to Get Rid of Foot Odor Naturally
Another remedy for foot odor is ginger root. It restricts the growth of the bacteria and removes the toxins present in the sweat which gives way to the stinky smell.
How to Use Ginger Roots?
- Make a puree of ginger root.
- In a cup of hot water steep the puree for 15-20 minutes.
- Strain the puree and gently massage smooth liquid on your feet.
- Do it regularly before hitting the sack.
9.) Borax to Get Rid of Foot Odor Naturally
Since borax is disinfectant thus it kills the bacteria that leads smelly foot. Prepare a foot bath with borax to eliminate the foot odor.
How To Use Borax?
- In a bowl add 2 cups of water and a half cups of borax.
- Pour the mixture in the spray bottle and spray it in the shoes.
- Alternatively, you can sprinkle little borax powder in the shoes and socks before wearing them.
10.) Sage to Get Rid of Foot Odor Naturally
The tannic acid present in the sage helps to reduce sweat which leads to smelly feet. Also, it’s anti-bacterial and antifungal properties makes it an ideal remedy to get rid of the foot odor.
How to Use Sage?
- Sprinkle dried grounded sage inside the socks and shoes which you are going to wear.
- Alternatively, Make a sage tea and soak your foot in it for 15 minutes.
- Drinking a cup of sage tea before going to sleep will equally benefit you.
11.) Bleach to Get Rid of Foot Odor Naturally
Bleach will also help you to get rid of the stinky smell from the foot. It has a compound that inhibits the growth of the bacteria that leads to smell.
How to Use Bleach?
- Fill a half bucket with water and add 2 tablespoons of bleach to it.
- Soak your both the feet in the water for 15-20 minutes.
- Bleach can dry your skin. So apply baby oil once you complete this remedy.
- Do this regularly to prevent the smell from the foot.
12.) Talcum Powder to Get Rid of Foot Odor Naturally
Talcum powder is a good substitute of borax powder. All you have to do is sprinkle som talcum powder on your feet, socks and shoes.
Other Useful Tips to Get Rid of Foot Odor Naturally:
- Wash your feet regularly.
- Pat dry your feet before wearing socks and shoes.
- Change your socks daily
- Consider open-toe shoes and slippers.
- Do not wear the same shoes regularly. Keep rotating them.
- Keep your shoes clean and dry.
- Dabbing talcum powder on foot before wearing the socks and shoes will also help you to keep the foot odor at the bay.